Stupid person asking question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid person asking question

I love the old saying that "there is no such thing as a stupid question... it's just stupid people asking questions"! So here goes... in the defoliating debate, some say that leaves are the engine that drives a plant, which makes sense to me. However, if I remove all fan leaves won't the sugar leaves provide enough photosynthesis needed to get a plant through flower to harvest?
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Howdy PuravidaC, The way I understand it is "The only stupid question is the one that does not get asked!". As far as the defoliation debate, nature does not do things with out reason, but the extra light and air circulation does increase bud development. In the 'wild' a plant would normally loose leaves to predators and wind/storm damage, so some defoliation can not hurt and a certain level of induced stress may even help to stimulate the plant to increase it's growing, or at least, it's efforts towards propagation. If one does nothing, the lower leaves will be 'shaded out' and drop off on their own without any harm to the plant. I like to be in the middle, some cutting, some tucking or training of the leaves to get good air circulation and light to the bud sites.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I trim leaves through whole grow...when I harvest I have no fan leaves...just buds with a stem inside...and frosty frosty sugar leaves...makes trimming easy real easy...

Leave fan leaves on outside of canopy...take one leaf where there is two...when buds are starting to get fat I take all fan leaves that will be in a bud...I keep hardly none, just enough for her to be happy...

Comment

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        You have said in the past to only take one fan leaf, leaving the one opposed to it. That is what I have done for the most part. I have seen yours, and others, extreme defoliation where it appears only top sugar leaves are left. I respect and admire such courage but I just don't have the nads to go that far... yet! Sorry for wearing out this topic but I want a good understanding of defoliating. I only grow one plant at a time so the recovery time for experimenting, or a fuck up, can be months!!

In outdoor grows I don't worry about defoliation because when the wind blows it moves the entire plant around so the sun can hit all the bud sites. Inside its up to us we can create a gentle breeze but not enough to get good light to the lower branches and bud sites. that being said I still take some off in Aug. when the time outside is ready to flip
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        I have done a couple of gorilla grows years ago. Didn't know jack about growing pot! Last gorilla grow, I got seeds from a guy that said the strain would finish early enough for our growing season. He didn't say, and I didn't know at the time, but they were indica vs sativa. Wish I had the space now for outdoor growing... that and live in a legal state!!

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I live in a legal state but will still continue with my gorilla grows keeps me out in the woods where Im better off hahaha.part of the law is that they have to be in a secure area and not seen by the public, that would be imposable for me. but still it makes life a whole lot safer

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X