Hard Water God hates me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Water God hates me!

I have a problem with hard water in my tubs. I don't have the $ to get R.O. and would need to get 40 gal. of distilled water delivered to me every week, that's $250 per month.. So, neither of those are options right now.
    I was hoping this would help; "GH Floramicro for hard water" Flora Micro Hardwater by General Hydroponics | Planet Natural
    If anyone has had any experience with this product I would appreciate some feedback on HOW MUCH this helped you lower your PPM's. Maybe just give me the approximate PPM levels you've experienced before and after using this product?
    Thank you for your help!

go to the GH website and send them an email and they'll be able to help you with your questions. I've contacted them a couple of times and they usually respond within a couple of days
    Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
    600W HPS
    Coco
    GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
    Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Originally posted by OzBud View Post
      go to the GH website and send them an email and they'll be able to help you with your questions. I've contacted them a couple of times and they usually respond within a couple of days
      I did, but they never got back to me after I emailed them twice. I researched it as best I could and that's what I found as a possible solution.
      But some guy has been telling me to use Florakleen to bring those PPM's down but I don't know if you can use it at each nute change and that that will keep my PPM down on an everyday bases or not?
      So right know my tap water PPM is 200, and after I add all my nutes it shoots up to 900 PPM (Wow! I need to do something quick)
      Last edited by Klaatu; 04-23-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        I have well water with 700ppm (1.5EC) that's hard water, I mix with <20ppm water to get at least 100ppm. Enough to buffer the ph

I have hard water as well but never had a problem with my plants ,I do filter out the chlorine with a whole house filter dedicated to my garden water line. then check for chlorine each watering the filter lasts a couple of grows and fairly cheep hope this helps
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Howdy Klaatu, Can You get an analysis of the local water (calcium, magnesium, iron levels, etc.) from the city or company/agency that supplies the water? You may not need all of the minerals in the nutrients that You are using. I have hard water here as well and I have been using the GH MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom (dry, no additional micro nutrients) and have had good results. I do let the water set over night to allow as much of the chlorine (although there is no chlorine smell) of leach out as possible. Oh, what is Your avatar? very menacing looking!
        Good luck with your grow.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Originally posted by DW2 View Post
          Howdy Klaatu, Can You get an analysis of the local water (calcium, magnesium, iron levels, etc.) from the city or company/agency that supplies the water? You may not need all of the minerals in the nutrients that You are using. I have hard water here as well and I have been using the GH MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom (dry, no additional micro nutrients) and have had good results. I do let the water set over night to allow as much of the chlorine (although there is no chlorine smell) of leach out as possible. Oh, what is Your avatar? very menacing looking!
          Good luck with your grow.
          I'll look into getting an analysis of my local water, I also will be getting a new inline garden hose filter that I use to water the girls. I also ordered 'FloraMicro Hardwater' hope that helps it.
          I'm an artist and the 'avatar' is a pic of a dust mite that I'm using as a model for one that I'm sculpting right now, so I thought it would make a good avatar.
          BTW there are thousands of these crawling all over your skin eating old flesh off of you at any given point in time. Their in your bed feeding off you when your sleeping. Sleep tight!
          Thanks DW2 for your help.

Comment

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm glad to help out. I thought (but was not sure) that it might be a dust mite, awesome photo. I used to torment my little sister by telling Her about critters like that. The one that 'freaked' Her the most was the tiny worms that live only around the bases of ones eyelashes, really, I read about them in a magazine back in the 80's (either Science 86 or Discovery magazine). But just think, if the dust mites did not exist, we would be up to our belly buttons in dead skin cells!!!! One final thought, my nephew told me that He read that over 70% of house hold dust is dead skin cells, the rest, dust mite poop!
            Good luck with your water problems.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X