Are these Trichomes ready?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these Trichomes ready?!

These are the trichomes of my blue dreams that just started their 10th week of flower on Monday. There is minimal red hairs especially on the large main cola. Some of the lower bud sites contain hairs but not a great amount like some of their sisters in the same environment. I've started the half nutes and plan on flushing starting Friday. Should I keep those buds going longer that still don't have many red hairs or pull em with the rest of the room?

Hi Skeet, I think you could harvest now if you needed too, certainly some good clouding and trichome head swell on display.
    This said, I'd leave her for a week or two more to try and fatten up those buds, there's only a hint of amber in the first pic and quite a few transparents in other pics.

When I'm looking at the pistils (hairs) I look for fresh ones rather than the old red/brown ones. If I see healthy white pistils still sticking straight out from the buds I tend to feel she's still got some more bud development in her.
    Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

Personally I'd wait another 2 weeks max & start flushing on your next watering. You can lose quite a bit of potency cutting too soon, as well as more weight in your yield. Those trichomes don't look quite ready to me.

Comment

Looking really sparkly, definitely a lot of great trichome development! I agree with the others. I still see a whole lot of clear trichomes, and some snowy white pistils in the foreground, so I'd guess you still have a few weeks left before harvest time. Here's some pictures of trichomes at different stages if you want to check them out. When trichomes are not ready they look sort of like glass, and when they've reached highest levels of THC they will look sort of like white plastic. When the THC starts turning into CBN (giving the buds more of a "body" and calming effect) then the trichomes start turning amber/yellow. Additionally, when the buds are getting ready to harvest, many of the white pistils will start to darken and curl in.

The good news to having lots of clear trichomes is it means your buds are still going to put on a significant amount of weight!

Comment

It just seems like 10 weeks for blue dream is already towards the end of harvest and to think an additional 2 weeks to go. My buddy runs this exact genetics and his are usually ready to go by 8 weeks. What would be the reason these are going so much longer?

Comment

• CCisme
          CCisme commented
          Editing a comment
          Could just be environmental variables. Lights, temps, humidity, watering feeding schedules, defoil style...... just some ideas. Your so close!

• Herbal Warrior
          Herbal Warrior commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't rush mother nature. Those buds look incredible. How much do they smell? I have just started some blue dream seeds and don't know what they are going to be like for smell once they go into bud. Just looking to get prepared for it.

• PuravidaC
          PuravidaC commented
          Editing a comment
          My last two grows of the same strain had dramaticly different flower times. Nothing changed between the two grows, same lights, soil and nutrients. Really had me confused and I finally just chalked it up to nature!! You'really getting close! Looks great!

Dirt takes about two weeks longer than hydro in my experience. I agree with everyone else they are a week or two out from being ready in the almost exact middle of the 5 picture is one tricome that has some amber color I start to flush when I have about 30 percent. (Its better to harvest 2 weeks late than 1 week early) so much happens in that last week and its so hard to let them be good luck
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Skeet
          Skeet commented
          Editing a comment
          That's the thing. This is a DEC setup. They are in individual buckets with an air line feeding into the solution. My buddy who finishes at 8 weeks is soil. And I'm in the middle of week 10

I agree with the 1-2 weeks opinions. Many of the trichome stalks are tall and thin. Keep watching and the stalks will fatten up and will be more tapered as they fill with resin.
        4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

I forgot to mention I have noticed their water intake decrease as well. Is this something to look into or what is that telling me?

Comment

a decress in water consumtion can reflect the PH might be to high the gorilla glues im growing now stopped feeding for 2 weeks I read the tutorial on ph checked mine it was 7.3 I now lower it to 6 and they started feeding again
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I water with 5.85 ph for flower but I'll confirm to see the buckets' ph here in about an hr

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X