No announcement yet.

Leaves are yellowing then forming white/grayish splotches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I checked the pH on plant B, the one having the most issues and sure enough the pH in the runoff is some how at 8.3. I have no idea how this could have happened. What can I do from here?
    Last edited by scrump; 04-21-2017, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• scrump
      scrump commented
      Editing a comment
      Usually every 5-6 days or as needed.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Scrump, is it possible that your plants got root bound? I can't really see the size of your pots... Nebula mentioned on previous page that if the runoff is off, it can be a root problem...

• scrump
      scrump commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't believe they are root bound as I'm using 5gallon smartpots

I've flushed the plant showing the worst symptoms. Next watering I will resume nutrients and climatic. Fingers crossed

Comment

if you are in week 4 tomorrow then couldn't you to a defoliation and get rid of the fan leaves altogether. I have had plants like that and thought it was normal it wasn't lol anyways they all made it to harvest really good smoke so don't worry just keep trying to figure it out. I grow in coco and use ageoldorganics for nutes they just came out with a new nute called micro or macrosyergy and its all the stuff the girls need very little of but all the time and most base nute dont have it good luck
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Just wanted to check in, how are your plants doing now?

Comment

Originally posted by NebulaHaze View Post
          Just wanted to check in, how are your plants doing now?
          It's only been a couple days since the flush but there doesn't appear to be anynew (significant) yellowing. The necrosis spots on the leaves haven't spread either. We shall see

Comment

• NebulaHaze
            NebulaHaze commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to hear!

The problem has returned unfortunately. The only good news being that it is officially week 7 so they are almost ready for harvest. Fingers crossed it lasts another2 weeks+

Comment

At what point is is absolutely paramount that I harvest the plant too early?

Comment

Can you post pics of the issue?
              #TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:
              Pure Power Plant and Blue Mystic + Freebies
              Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue (AutoMechanics Grow Thread)

Grow Room Video: https://vimeo.com/218651917

Comment

Originally posted by Marley View Post
                Can you post pics of the issue?

Comment

How far away is the LED from the top of the plant? Have you been able stabilize the pH between 6-7?

Comment

How far away is the LED from the top of the plant? Have you been able stabilize the pH between 6-7?
                    Lights are about 18+ inches away and they are unable to move away any further. Next time I water the plant I will check the pH from the run off again

If I need to harvest early for the health of he buds how will I know when to do this on time?

Comment

Here's some pictures of what to look out for if you need to harvest your buds right away, I hope it helps!

Comment

Would taking the light to 10/14 be advised as to get them ready sooner? I'd rather have slightly smaller buds than problems that might affect the harvest as a whole

Comment

Are they auto-flowering strains? If so, reducing the light hours likely won't help. But if they're photoperiod plants, yes you could get them to mature a little faster by reducing the light hours. I would still try to fix the problem too, as it's not a magic cure, and there could still be weeks to go. I still see nearly all white pistils on your plants, so I'd guess they have 3-4+ more weeks to go before peak potency. That technique is most effective on long-flowering Sativa strains, and has less of an effect on short or indica strains on average. I only say anything because your plant does appear to be more of an Indica strain.

What have been your watering habits? Is it possible you've been overwatering your plants? Also, is it still really hot with low humidity in the grow space, or have you been able to get the temps under control?

Comment

Are they auto-flowering strains? If so, reducing the light hours likely won't help. But if they're photoperiod plants, yes you could get them to mature a little faster by reducing the light hours. I would still try to fix the problem too, as it's not a magic cure, and there could still be weeks to go. I still see nearly all white pistils on your plants, so I'd guess they have 3-4+ more weeks to go before peak potency. That technique is most effective on long-flowering Sativa strains, and has less of an effect on short or indica strains on average. I only say anything because your plant does appear to be more of an Indica strain.

What have been your watering habits? Is it possible you've been overwatering your plants? Also, is it still really hot with low humidity in the grow space, or have you been able to get the temps under control?
                            The plant is Jack Herer which I believe is considered a sativa dominant hybrid so idk if that will help hurry it up or not. Watering habits are once every 5-6 days or as needed (finger knuckle method). Temp and humidity is 70-80deg humidity is 29-33%

I'll try and post some more pics of both plants. One is much further along than the other but now just about all the leaves are changing to yellow, they don't have any of the ugly spots as the other slower plant the though
                            Last edited by scrump; 05-09-2017, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X