Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MommaBear's Overdue Update post Germination

Hello All!
    First off thanks so much to all that helped with my germination questions. We took off confident and they all sprouted. Went with soak in water for roughly 18hrs then into rooters on Mar30th, Was a little panicky and tempted to do the hot dog bun cut to peak but I kept my cool and by end of next day I thought I saw a taproot coming out, but verified with some GWE pics and she was just turning and burrowing and sure enough she popped out next day. She was out for two days by herself and then the rest except two joined her.(3 White Widow, 3 Northern Lights, 3 Candy Cane - all autos).
    While I was waiting for the last two I made my coco, mixed with perlite (70/30 - give or take, I used 1 cup of perlite to every three cups of coco), rinsed - but after I had filled the pots, that was super annoying and super freaking heavy while it drained. I didn't manage to get the water completely clear but was just a hint of brown. Threw the pots in the tent to dry a bit and played with lights/heat/rh to see if I could get tent to where I needed it.
    During all this, we had about 80cm of snow over two days to contend with and then after I made the coco we noticed our carport was sagging where it connects to the house. This created a bit of a mess as we had to get up and clean snow off so it wouldn't totally collapse and then find somewhere to put the snow as we already had 7 foot high snowbanks in the yard...I digress, so in the middle of this I checked on the rooters and holy shit balls there's roots coming out of the bottom of the everywhere, so I panic and transplant. All were up except two and looking like this pic (hope the upload works). pots were still fairly wet from the rinse so I only lightly watered around the rooters when I initially transplanted. After about for days then got a bit dry to gave them their first does of water and calimagic, ph'd to 6.
    Over the next few days they grew more serrated leaves and the other two came up more. One has shed it's shell and is curly weird looking but I'll go with it. The other is still hanging on to it's shell. Put a few drops of water on it to try and help it along.
    Since the initial watering with calimagic, they've dried up a touch again (dry one knuckle down) so I gave the two that are still sprouts the calimagic water and the other seven got their first dose of nute water ph'd to 6 (following the coco cute schedule on GWE). Here is what they look like today. (second pic if it works)
    LED light is on 24/7, it was up higher when I initially put them in but moved it down Thursday night to 18" as I wanted more heat in the plant area and I figured these babies need more light now that the leaves are coming in.
    Have a fan circulating air. Temps are ranging 25-29C and RH is 70-85. one vent open at top to let out some of the humidity, bit higher at top of tent. Light isn't providing as much heat as I need so have a heater assisting atm.
    Okay, the ultimate question.... does she look okay? The seven that are up all look relatively the same as the one in the pic, a slight tint of yellow on the leaves more in the center, is that normal? Should they be growing faster?

Hit me with the comments, petrified I'm going to eff this up. Oh and should I be watering with 20% runoff now or just lightly water around the plant at this stage until they are a bit bigger?

Let me know if I need more pics, kind of a pain in the ass to take pics but I'll give it a whirl if you need them!!!
    Thanks in advance,

Nervous New Mom here..... I think I did better with my children!!!
    FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
    Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops
    2x6" clip on fans, 1x8" desk fan, 1x12" oscillating fan

Yayay!! good job I was looking for your post hoping it went well! They look really sweet and good I think but we'll wait for someone who knows!

I lost my first two girls (ww) one because I didnt mess with the shell til to late and the other to dampening off. So getting the next four through that first two weeks was so stressful! You've got this! Kids may be easier to read but at least these ones dont talk back to much yet! Or break things if you decide you wanna pee alone for the first time in 2 years?

My coco came out with a little red still after a 15 gallon wash w ph'd/calmag water not as much on the last two 5 gallons but still there. Id think its normal.

omg no more snow im on the us side but almost on the Canadian border, we got such warm temps the last few days Ive been in cabin fever heaven!

Comment

• CCisme
      CCisme commented
      Editing a comment
      Omg nasty we've been outa the sub cold temps for a month thank god and above freezing for just over a week I am so sorry! I love the warm lights, even fake light feels good lol.

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      CCisme how did u end up doing with watering after you transplanted? Did you water till had the 20% runoff or just a little around them? Will likely have to water in the am and trying to figure out before I overwater lol I told you I would end up having to ask hahaha

• CCisme
      CCisme commented
      Editing a comment
      I rinsed everything with the amended water, in the water did the light seedling feed from the gh flora coco schedule and the calmagic. Rinsed 10 plus gallons through each made sure they could drip through, left em for the night to drip dry. Did a light watering w same stuff aboutt two hours before transfer. Then left em, it took 3 days before it was dry past that first knuckle. But i still gave em some plain water ph'd w calimagic, just the same as they got pre-transfer (scientificly... mine got two coffee cups lololol) and then two days later increased that feed amount to about triple, no run off either time. This is my first ffull feeding since and I did the 20% run off finally again, which took me a gallon each. So I kept them dryer til I felt them drying A little more. Ill let ya know how theyre liking this first big drink. I was able to double check run off finally, thankfully it was 6.3. I was nervous not phing runoff, its just double checking my work.

Here's the girls today. One of my Dark Angels has been droopy today, but it got a little warm in her space so im hoping the nice drink and drop down to 74 I have it at helps it through the night to smiles tomorrow. Took there training stuff off today because i wanted to move a few of them.

This should bump the post back up to so others can help with more know how lol

Comment

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful work my dear! Yay!!!! Thanks!!! I'm gonna stick to light watering until they are a bit bigger then runoff. Bottoms of pots are still wet when I take out and put on table so I don't wanna overdo it too much. Thinking I need to get my humidity down and maybe a better fan... tomorrow's a new day! Keep up the good work girl!!!

us 3 seem to be pretty close together with germination times. My first seedling sprouted on 26/3/2017. 15 days old today for mine.

I gave my girls in coco, no perlite about 200ml a day to begin with once put in 3.5 gal pots. Watering in circles around the seedling but never right up to the stem. By the middle of the first week I was watering to runoff daily. Probably too much, I wouldn't recommend it to people because you can run into overwatering/root root/damping off etc but mine seemed to do alright with it. Watering every second or third day to runoff would probably be more ideal, give the medium a bit of a chance to dry out and increase oxygen to the roots.
    Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
    600W HPS
    Coco
    GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
    Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Keep posting updates of your grow. We'd all love to follow along with it.

• StoneyTony
      StoneyTony commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to hear everything when well so far Mama Like OZ said water close to the seedlings and work you way out as time goes. You won't notice much growth on top for a spell as the roots get established. You'll know when it's time to give them a good watering as you'll begin to see much faster growth on top again - Stay warm!

• MommaBear
      MommaBear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks OzBud and Stony! They def slowed down a bit but noticing new sets of leaves ... just lil tiny baby ones
      alltatup thanks girl! I've been looking at a ton of pics and the slight yellow in the middle seems common so I'll keep an eye on them for now. Got more snow last night but only a couple cms. Off to clean off car, grab coffee then down to the grow room and check on babies. Maybe a photo shoot is in order now that hubby is home to help!

MommaBear Good job with the snow and grow!! Isn't it funny how you forget about the seeds for a minute and when you look again, they are growing away!!

Since I know next to nothing about coco grow, I'll leave that to the experts to help you with the yellow baby, but the green baby looks fantastic!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Here they are at day 14 since germ. The candy cane runt that had a shell stuck on it was curled up and "wrinkly" but is making a nice comeback. The white widow shell was tough to come off but I didn't want to leave it any longer so carefully helped it along. She's a lil crumply looking but I'm still hopeful she'll come along
      rest seem to be doing okay from what I can tell. Watering is going good, will likely move up to half nutes after weekend.
      FusionHut 5x5x6.5, Mars II LED 900W (veg/bloom modes), 4" Fusion Breath inline fan w/ carbon filter
      Coco/Perlite 70/30 "ish" in 5 gall fabric pots, GH Trio+CaliMagic+GrowTec PH Up/Down, PH test drops

Comment

• StoneyTony
        StoneyTony commented
        Editing a comment
        You're on your way!

• CCisme
        CCisme commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome job!! Your doing sooo much better then I did at the start. Oddly had the same prob w 2 of the 4 ww fem I popped from crop king, one died because the shell, even damped, wouldnt let go.. the other on the first run dampened off.

• MommaBear
        MommaBear commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys!!!! Had them out for water, prob waited a bit too long as when I zoomed in on pics I noticed leaves slightly turning in. So freaking excited.... gonna have to brush up on my LST reading!

good job Mamma Bear there looking good
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

oldjarhead100 Thanks!!! This has to be the most exciting hobby I've ever gotten into. Dare I say I might be enjoying this more than the veg garden.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I LOVE this hobby!!! Caring for a plant that produces sacred medicine!!!

• MommaBear
          MommaBear commented
          Editing a comment
          It's crazy, I told the hubby I'd rather play with my MJ babies than be at work, I could stare at them for hours hahahaha. I had to make some name tags for them as we started turning and rotating after watering and I was wanting to take comparison pics to study side by side to see growth etc. Will post some this evening

• Potted
          Potted commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good, just don't over water them and thay will do fine,u can start adding nutes in a week or two 1/2 strength at first and see how thay respond

How are your lil girls doing?

Comment

• MommaBear
          MommaBear commented
          Editing a comment
          They're growing!!! will be taking some pics tonite and will post an update. Thinking of starting some LST on the bigger ones but a lil nervous. CCisme how about you girl!?!? How are your girls doing?

Okay folks here's some comparison pics I took to see progress. I'm happy my two runts pulled through their seed shell issues and are doing well. White widow #1 has some weird white bleached looking spots, doesn't appear to be mildew and not spreading so thinking maybe some nute water got on them. Will keep an eye on her. Forgot to take a pic of WW#1 tonite because I was checking out her leaves too much but there's a pic of her a few days ago. I'll attach a pic of her leaves. Im going to try LSTing and attempted a half ass try on Northern Lights #2 but seems early and at same time I feel like I need to defoliate but think it's too soon for that as well.
        something that's driving me nuts is not having fuller pots, makes it a pain in the ass to water under plant. Note for next time!!
        Would love to hear what everyone thinks, Colour of leaves, shape, height, growth..... lemme know if anything looks off!!!

Comment

• MommaBear
          MommaBear commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks @alltatup!!! I'm super pumped, had to do the comparison pics bc sometimes I think they aren't doing anything and then sometimes I'm like holy crap is that a whole new set of leaves hahahaha

• StoneyTony
          StoneyTony commented
          Editing a comment
          Coming along nicely. Yes, watch out spilling nutrient water on the leaves. It will burn them

• MommaBear
          MommaBear commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks StoneyTony. I'm usually really careful so I'm just guessing that's what happened, I'd like to blame it on hubby but I don't even let him do the watering haha

Oh I forgot to mention how stinky these lil girls are getting, about a week ago now I opened tent and was like Whoaaaa ... was so excited had to yell for hubby to come smell!! Love it!!!!

Comment

Theyre looking awesome!! I was stoked when my ladies became scented. My ww dont really smell, but the Dark Angels are skunky! My ladies are doing ok, had a random nute burn, 3rd feeding at that strength and only 2 of four had it ....

Comment

• MommaBear
            MommaBear commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh wow honey they look great! Love the LST shots!!!! When did you start training them, and have you done any defol?

Tons and tons of defoil, those two are in my 4 ft tent so ive been trying to keep them no higher then 3 to 4 inches off pot. I topped at 4th node and slowly started training. I broke the main stem on da1, devestating. But I used my emt skills to tape and brace it, kinda like the pins in my broken hand lolol Plan on bringing a scrogg in this tent but Im going to miss plant mobility lol

Comment

• MommaBear
            MommaBear commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome!! There's a few fans I wanna remove but not sure if it's too early. Was actually considering topping one just to try it out. Take care of that hand

• CCisme
            CCisme commented
            Editing a comment
            Take a deep breath and do it. The first was the hardest, it does get a tidge addicting

• MommaBear
            MommaBear commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay you convinced me didn't take much hahaha

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X