Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nana's on board near harvest_what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nana's on board near harvest_what to do?

This morning I took some pics to evaluate trichome development and noticed one of the plants had some nana's showing on a few of the buds!!! should I take this plant down right away or can I let it go another few days? The other plants don't have any signs of pollination and no nana's either. They will be ready to take down in about 3-5 days. If the plant with the nana's self pollinates of pollinates any of the adjacent plants, will that effect the quality of that/those plants since they are so close to harvest? Thinking about this, even if they do get pollinated there doesn't seem that they would be able to develop any preliminary seeds in such a short time_ but since I have no experience with this...I'm hoping someone does and can solve this problem! Thanks for any suggestions. I think the two photos attached will confirm this....
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

personally if i could make sure i rip them all off the entire plant then i would let them ripe, and yes i agree if you dont have younger flowers 5 days wont be enough to create seeds but just in case you want to leave them longer check them daily and rick any banana you find, they look real nice and frosty

Comment

They are getting close but wanted to let them go a few more days at least. I think I might try your suggestion- remove the ones I know are there, and watch them every day. They just appeared this morning after checking them 2 days ago. If I see more tomorrow I might just take the whole plant down or harvest the 6 main colas_ so far I've only found them on three of the main colas near the top of the plant...probably due to too intense light I'd guess....Thank for the suggestions...keeping my fingers crossed!
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

I would take off the affected colas and watch for any further sprouts. I would also contact the breeder if that's possible, to let them know about the hermies.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• ZigZag
          ZigZag commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I'm going to send a note to the breeder but I have two others of the same strain and they are good_so far. One of them is a bit further along than the affected one. So maybe its my fault and not the breeders. This is a pretty new strain so I'll let them know anyway. Thanks.

gbauto If the triches are almost there, what difference can the nanners make? Yes, remove them, but why remove the entire bud? It can't be affected by the nanner, can it, if it's already mature and almost ready for harvest?

Gorgeous pics, ZigZag!!! Look at them triches!! How strange that the nanners came so late; was there a light leak?
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• ZigZag
          ZigZag commented
          Editing a comment
          No light leaks, I think that plant just got stressed from too bright lights. They are new lights and put out a pretty strong PPFD when they are 18" inches over the canopy_ its about a 600 umol/m2/s for one light over a 3x4' canopy, but I have two lights over a 3x5' canopy so the rep said I probably have over 1000 umol/m2/s over the entire canopy at 24". For a few days two of the taller plants _(only about 4-6" taller) got down to about 18" below the lights, this happened about two weeks ago for a few days so maybe thats what did it. All the others look fine but now I'm checking them every day. Moved the affected plant out of the grow room last night and am trying to decide what to do with it today. Don't have another space to put it with a light even though i have one I could use. I've gone back and forth about this for the last 24 hrs so I better get my act together and make a decision soon. Thanks for all the input!

I put 2 4foot uva t5 bulbs in my bloom room with my 1000hps for 12 hours a day, did 2 grows like that both of them hermied, replaced with led's , you mentioned lighting causing the nana's yes it will.I reread Nebulas tutorial on lighting a few times(yes im slow lol)bought myself a light meter and it changed everything, I had to move my plants all around until they all were receiving between 45 and 85,000 lux. 85 is the max it has made a huge deference
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Yes. I believe the new LED's got too close to that plant- must have been more susceptible than the others. Noticed the first tiny tip of one of the nana's about three days ago but didn't recognize what it was until yesterday when it was plainly obvious, and there were now 3 affected colas as of yesterday afternoon. Moved the lights up from about 22" to about 28" above canopy_just in case the others get the same idea! These LED's put out a strong and very consistent PPFD over the entire grow space_ think I calculated the PPFD to be less than what is actually being produced. The stats the manufacturer posted was for one light over a similar space but I have two of them. Gonna be more careful from now on! Taking a look at that plant in about 30 minutes when the photo period is set to turn the lights on. Took it out of the grow room yesterday afternoon, set it by a window, and in a closet when it's light period changed to dark. Thanks for the input everyone. Whatever I died to do, I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks to all!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X