Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FoxFarm Fertilizer plan (Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FoxFarm Fertilizer plan (Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom)

So I've had two grows from start to finish and I am on the 5th week of flowering in my third grow. I have two plants, both a Sativa dominate hybrid that goes by the name Lemon Grass. I'm curious as to what kind of fertilizer plan I should go by. I looked at the article on GWE and followed the schedule (without the sludgehammer cleanse). The first grow caused a nitrogen toxicity and the second one turned out pretty good. So I followed the same plan on this last grow which goes as follows:
    1/2 tsp Big Bloom / gallon
    1 tsp Tiger Bloom / gallon
    I fertilize once a week, usually on Mondays.
    I started off using Ocean Forest soil, but I switched to a a lower grade soil on this last grow. The plants have weak stems and the buds haven't been looking as big. Also they seem a little bit airy.
    I understand now thats its much trial and error but I was hoping someone could provide a nice plan that works for them. I'm switching back to the Ocean Forest soil on my next grow.
    Thank you.

Im going to tell you i followed the chart that comes with the foxfarm trio i have had no nute burn no nothing. I suggest you should do that alot of people are nervous of nute burn or whatever if it happens flush em with water and next water do normal ph + calmag then go back to it and it works great... i don't know why everyone does 50% what the bottle says it shows a chart for a reason the company wouldn't post it as that if it killed your shit just a thought..

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
      tyler_ hobbyist commented
      Editing a comment
      That's correct but it's all strain specific all strains need different amount like for instance if u use full doseage of fox farm on an auto u will give it nute burn for sure. Also the different strains themselves need different amounts not just the breed

• LuckyAcres
      LuckyAcres commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly my thinking, it's murika, land of the lawsuit, no company will take the risk of legal trouble by making false statements. Betcha they have figured out what the killing doses might be and their recommendations are clear of that.

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Or it' all about marketing... No company is in the business to lose money. I always start out with 1/2 recommended doses and watch plant for feedback!

The company wants you to use 100% of label dose! THEY SELL THE STUFF. I USE 40% OF LABLE DOSE max!

Comment

• Inuart88
      Inuart88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Must meet your name don't no nutting

• Kolaby
      Kolaby commented
      Editing a comment
      dontknownuttin, lives up to his name all the time..... I like your style Inuart88

I use this chart and when it comes to flower I also give them 1tsp of Alaska morbloom 0-10-10. I have also grown with leds at 16,000lumens per sqf and I also noticed the buds being more airy than the same grow with hps.

Comment

• GreenFingers
      GreenFingers commented
      Editing a comment
      On my previous two grows the nuggs turned out dense, not super dense but i figured it was b/c of the strain. Ill try to add another light and see what that does

• tyler_ hobbyist
      Editing a comment
      The strain plays a huge role but also the type of light u use in my exsperince hps make the dencest buds

When u flush ur plant flush with. Milk like normal any kind of milk skim 2percent 3.25percent it doesn't matter what everys cheapest it helps the buds sweeten and fatten up

Comment

• GreenFingers
      GreenFingers commented
      Editing a comment
      you being serious? Is it the Calcium and Magnesium in the milk?

• tyler_ hobbyist
      Editing a comment
      Ya dude jokes aside milk I personaly usee 100persent milk when I flush as the pH is 6.5 if u add water u will raise ur ph but yes milk it's got good bacteria,sugars,carbs, micro nutrients, nutrients in npk all 3 it works awesome check out my autoflower time line post I harvested already. And had a huge harvest

Emerald harvest line of products, no flush required( I still do once in a while to refresh the root stock a bit and make it work harder), no nute burn and cheaper than AN. Comes with a handy dandy schedule. I use full strength, no problem at all. .02 cents.
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• GreenFingers
      GreenFingers commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for your .02 cents

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Been hearing a lot about Emerald Harvest. Have always used FF trio. Thinking about switching to EH. Is it less expensive than FF?

• LuckyAcres
      LuckyAcres commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey pura, keeping in mind different dosages, bottle sizes and contents, it does feel like it. The shop owner confirmed it too but who knows what his angle might be. The (lack of) nutes burn issues with eh has been confirmed by other growers here and beyond as well. I like that I don't have to check the tip of my leaves for burns every 5hrs(ish!!!).

I'm new to growing, 3 weeks and a couple days into veg and I've been using the fox farms trio as per their table with good success and no burns. I'm growing a few different strains at once and one of my sativas is showing mild nitrogen toxicity but everything else is loving the nutes at full dose. I fill 5 gallon jugs with RO water and add the nutes to that, then pour from there into a milk jug to feed each plant and when I feed the sativa that's a little more finicky I just dilute it with plain RO water. Just keep an eye on each plant and adjust the levels as you go.
    #TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:
    Pure Power Plant and Blue Mystic + Freebies
    Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue (AutoMechanics Grow Thread)

Grow Room Video: https://vimeo.com/218651917

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
      Editing a comment
      Hey finger did u switch to a flowering nute low in N and high in pk like a 1-10-10 or close? If u have high nitrogen it will hurt ur end yield badly

• GreenFingers
      GreenFingers commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I stopped using the Grow Big but it just seems like i can't get a good mixture after that without having nute burn or the claw effect

• tyler_ hobbyist
      Editing a comment
      Ur useing to much then 1tblsp bigbloom and 2tsp of tigerbloom at the max per gallon of water

Hey Marley just a heads up if ur useing ro water u will most likley end up runniny into calcium and megnesium definicys as ro water contains litttle to non naturaly keep an eye out but u might have to start useing calmeg as well if u use well water like I do there's enough in there usualy. If u start noticeing yellowing between the veins in the leaves also a bit droopy (Meg def) or dark brown spots (cal def). Just somethin to watch for. And just something to keep in mind even tho a seed is from the same batch they will grow completely different have have different needs they best way is to trial and error and find ur sweet spots for light distance temps nutes stuff like that. All the advice people can guve u it's just guidlines watch the plant and see how she responds to everything because each strain likes things in a more general way then also each seed likes things a bit different. Just watch each plant and they will give u signs. Happy growing

Comment

Originally posted by tyler_ hobbyist View Post
      Hey Marley just a heads up if ur useing ro water u will most likley end up runniny into calcium and megnesium definicys as ro water contains litttle to non naturaly keep an eye out but u might have to start useing calmeg as well if u use well water like I do there's enough in there usualy. If u start noticeing yellowing between the veins in the leaves also a bit droopy (Meg def) or dark brown spots (cal def). Just somethin to watch for. And just something to keep in mind even tho a seed is from the same batch they will grow completely different have have different needs they best way is to trial and error and find ur sweet spots for light distance temps nutes stuff like that. All the advice people can guve u it's just guidlines watch the plant and see how she responds to everything because each strain likes things in a more general way then also each seed likes things a bit different. Just watch each plant and they will give u signs. Happy growing
      Yeah I do add CALMAG to all my RO water. No issues so far! Thanks.
      #TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:
      Pure Power Plant and Blue Mystic + Freebies
      Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue (AutoMechanics Grow Thread)

Grow Room Video: https://vimeo.com/218651917

Comment

Ur welcome buddy I hope ya have a fun grow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X