Less is more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Less is more?

This is one of those things u poder when high lol. I have a buddy that will only take 2 hits, never 3. Me on the other hand , if I'm gonna light up I'm takin 3 or 4 no matter. My question is do you get just as high from 2 hits vs 4 hits? Is it just a matter of the 4 hit high lasting longer. Sounds dumb but hey I'm high

No reason not to smoke the whole joint, got lots of time to.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I smoke weed. Sometimes I smoke weed to get high. Sometimes I even get high for the sake of smoking.
      SSD

Comment

It's a time gap filler
        Grow and good luck
        Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• furrysparkle
          furrysparkle commented
          Editing a comment
          I normally toke once or twice for social times, or 10 or so if I need a stop pill

I vape and will only take 3 hits and wait for it to cycle through and repeat as needed!
        It seems to be the right amount for pain relief and still be functional (without driving of course).
        "One toke over the line" plays in my head- before I indulge in more, lol
        It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

This conversation would not have the same importance in 1969 as today. Back then, groups of people would light up and pass, and laugh, and tell stories, and enjoy life for hours on end over a pile of joints. Now days its 3 hits and nobody knows their own name.
          The pursuit of maximum THC content and all the hype about how this strain will give you a 'one hit knock out" has done more to harm the natural effects of marijuana than the US Government.
          Growing my own I will be able to grow the fun weed, I hope. My 2c.
          completed 7 grows
          what I have learned so far:
          environment maters more than nutrients
          at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
          effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Flockshot
            Flockshot commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe that the downfall of high quality (not high thc) was the tremendous increase in price that occurred. If you can only afford a gram, then you want the big bang for the buck. Many folks are now of the mindset that max thc is the best, I just happen to disagree.
            To me it's like the difference between a pleasurable glass (or six) of wine with friends and a cup of grain alcohol out in the garage. The grain alcohol with get you drunk faster if drunk is your goal, but to get there you sacrifice all the other parts of the experience.

• Insight
            Insight commented
            Editing a comment
            Does it also have a lot to do with the stage of life you are in? In 1969, it was college, and grad school, always around groups of people your own age. When the day was over, you were with groups of people and it was just part of the day to sit around, get high and BS the night away. Also, if I remember correctly..1969 and early 70's, pot was ubiquitous...it was everywhere, couldn't walk around campus without the sweet smell of reefer always in the air.....not so today.
            Once that's over, you get a job, married, family, etc...no longer around groups of people, you get home from work, have kids around and other responsibilities....had to sneak down to the basement to get high....no longer a social event...more to just relax.
            Once in a rare while, still get together with some old buddies....and it's like old times again...except now we talk of retiring..

• Flockshot
            Flockshot commented
            Editing a comment
            I was in the military at 17 years old. I was still 19 years old when I got home from Viet Nam. Had my first joint in Nam, so not exactly the college 'all nighter' but we are all products of our environment.
            It's doesn't matter where you start out, it is where you end up that counts.
            Yes life events change everything that follows

Flockshot, Been there done that in exactly 1969. The Times They Are A Changin? No not really just the dope.

Comment

Hmmm...interesting. I've been smoking daily for 45 years and if load a bowl or roll a joint, I generally burn it down, I'll spark another if someone wants to. When I worked, I used to wait till after work, now that I'm retired, it's usually coffee and weed then do my chores or whatever. I think my tolerance level for the is very high, nothing but top shelf works for me. I'll smoke and work on my projects and hobbies and whatnot all day long....with an occasional nap!!
            a lot of that weed back in the day was pretty bad compared to now....

Comment

• Flockshot
              Flockshot commented
              Editing a comment
              Outstanding Dude. I am a walleye guy myself. (and yes retirement does rock)

• OlldDude
              OlldDude commented
              Editing a comment
              As long as it's fishing, I'm in!!

• PuravidaC
              PuravidaC commented
              Editing a comment
              Ain't retirement great??!! Do what you want, when you want and not worry about getting called in to HR to piss in a cup!!!

One thing I noticed when I was buying weed off the street it seemed like I would get "acclimated" and it would take more to get high before the bag was gone. Now that I am growing my own, the same strain seems to do the job even smoking the same weed for a year!
            DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
            315 LEC
            6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
            6" Carbon filter
            3- 6" fans
            humidifier
            temp and humidity gauge
            5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
            FF trio nutrients

Comment

• Insight
              Insight commented
              Editing a comment
              Is it any strain you grow, or a particular one?
              My first grow, into week 3, is Northern Lights...I'm hoping for the same effect as you describe.

• PuravidaC
              PuravidaC commented
              Editing a comment
              Have been growing AK-48 for last three grows and very happy with that strain. It is a sativa hybrid with a really nice "head" high. At my age that is what I'm looking for but thinking about trying Jock Horror next (same type of buzz). Got tired of smoking killer Indicas, getting punched in the nose and napping on the coach!!

• PuravidaC
              PuravidaC commented
              Editing a comment
              That would be "couch"! Damn auto correct...

Nostos won't get you high. Gardening a top quality product it's own reward.
            SSD

Comment

In my experience you get just as fucked with 3 as 5 hits, and if one smokes 20 hits a day non of the hits will get you There as the tollerance skyrockets. I do believe less is more even tho I often go for more..

Comment

• OlldDude
                OlldDude commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea, nothing's better than the first couple of hits in the morning, or after my nap!!
                Less may be more, but I sure enjoy just smoking. That might have something to do with being an ex tobacco user.

• Xaliuz
                Xaliuz commented
                Editing a comment
                Ahh yeah the first one, allways load the waterbucket with hasjisj before breakfast and get the foundation going, follow up by joints and chores hand in hand, the bong comes out in the evening and when it's nightime its bucketime. I also used to be a tobacco user mixing it with weed,hash or pure, but now I cure the trim and use fanleafs instead. Lungs feel better allready

• Flockshot
                Flockshot commented
                Editing a comment
                I too, am a non practicing nicotine addict, and the act of just smoking is pleasurable to me.

If your intent is to catch a buzz without hurting your lungs than vapeing is the way to go! Lov it once your over the price it's the safest way to smoke.lol

Comment

• PuravidaC
                PuravidaC commented
                Editing a comment
                You're right about the price!!! That is the only thing keeping me from getting one. Well that and all the different opinions. I want a portable vaporizer but don't want to spend 2 or 3 hundred dollars and be disappointed!!!

• Insight
                Insight commented
                Editing a comment
                I find it's a different high. I've used the Volcano Vaporizer...seems to give more of a Head High, as opposed to a Body High that you get with a bong.
                I found, oddly enough, I cough a lot more using the vaporizer, which is the opposite of what I expected.
                One thing I did note...no discernible smell.

Oldude. I like it. Double wake n bake for the win.
              SSD

Comment

• OlldDude
                OlldDude commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Sierra- My daughter calls me a high functioning pothead!

Ok so this is for the old farts -- I haven't smoked anything in 25 + years --- So in a few weeks when my 1st harvest is done, and I get some curing out of the way ---

Do I roll a big fatty or a little pinner? Auto Northern Lights.

Comment

• PuravidaC
                PuravidaC commented
                Editing a comment
                What's going around now ain't your Grandad's pot!! If you haven't smoked in 25 years I would try a couple of tokes and see how you like it. You can "greenout" on some of the new stuff (that's what my Son in college calls it)! 😎

• yamiacaveman
                yamiacaveman commented
                Editing a comment
                I've had this vision of rolling a nice big fatty for such a long time that --- I'm going to do it -- but tiptoe :>).

• OlldDude
                OlldDude commented
                Editing a comment
                C'mon, go big or go home!!! Fatty all the way!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X