First Grow, ANY ADVICE?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow, ANY ADVICE?!

So I decided to give it a shot and see what happens. The setup is a 10x10 sealed room (minus the air leaks from the false claimed portable a/c), 24 DWC buckets with hydroton, botanicare Kind nutes, 4 SolarStorm 880w lights, 1500ppm of co2 during lights. The room temp is 84 degrees and 40% humidity. The strains are gorilla glue, blue dream, recon and captn Jack. They will be entering week 5 in a few days. I originally wanted to scrog but the room became too crowded. The scrog won't work because I need to move plants to water in the back. So I will be using plant yoyos if they start to fall. I also plan to strip more of the fan leaves to allow more light and not be so dense. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on what I should be doing or is everything looking good for where it's at?

No man, I don't think they have a chance of making it. Sorry. (:
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Lotusyde
      Lotusyde commented
      Editing a comment
      You're funny, and yeah. Beautiful grow

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Flockshot, you know I was just pokin fun, I hope!!!!

• Flockshot
      Flockshot commented
      Editing a comment
      of course, I always appreciate humor, never pass up a chance to smile.

Skeet, welcome to the forum, you a natural genius!!! Don't listen to Flockshot: he's just jealous... ;-}
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I think you need to do a Paul Bunyan impersonation and swing that axe at all that lower stuff that ain't gettin' any light. Your plants will repay you in kind.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Canuck147 what should be taken off exactly and do you recommend this in place of defoliation?!

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly what Nebula says.

They look great! I agree it might be helpful to remove some of the fan leaves. You can take pretty much all the leaves that are underneath and not getting light, as well as big fan leaves that are blocking bud sites. Some growers take more than that, but you can't go wrong if you stick to those guidelines Your grow appears to be going very well so far!

Comment

Beautiful! Looks like a leggy sativa under the fan. It will be interesting to see if she's still streching. Well done!
          DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
          315 LEC
          6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
          6" Carbon filter
          3- 6" fans
          humidifier
          temp and humidity gauge
          5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
          FF trio nutrients

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'll keep you updated in the next few weeks to come

Comment

This is pretty impressive for a first grow. Good luck! They look great.

Comment

That is going to be a really FULL room ! Seems like the first round is always the best for first timers.

Comment

Sooooo muuuuuch weeeeed

Comment

lookin good . I agree some trim is in order but healthy looking plants for sure.. How did you learn what you needed to set up so well ....bet it was here ! Great grow keep posting !
                    2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

Just curious Skeet, what are your thoughts on the SolarStorm 880w LED grow lights so far?

Comment

NebulaHaze So far I like the SolarStorm 880w. Being this is my first grow and using LED for the first grow, I can't give a bad review on them. I will explain more in the next reply.

Comment

So since the original post today will be entering week 7. I ran into a few problems but it wasn't anything I couldn't takle. My first problem was that the room quickly became over crowded. This led to a few problems. 1st problem was that it made it hard to move around the room to properly care for each plant. 2nd problem that the over crowding caused was extreme stretching during the flowering stage. Because the LED lights are so intense you want to keep a good distance from your tops. 3rd problem was that the air flow in the room started to become inefficient. This led to a few smaller plants being blocked, which ended up getting a mild case of powder mildew. Which was easily handled thanks to this beautiful site. I pulled 1 plant because it was almost completed covered by some of its larger sisters. Outside of the over crowding I I ended up pulling 4 more plants. 4 fell victim to underwatering. Although I would check the plants as often as possible I missed a few sight tubes and they fell victim. I left them in for a week or so to see if they would recover but no luck. I also went and did some lower mancuring which seems to have helped with energy, light travel and controlling humidity. The room now has 19 plants with a little more space. And things are starting to look better. So far I am still a fan of SolarStorm 880w. I can't give a bad review because there a somethings I will do differently as far as taking care of the plants that will allow for maximum benefit of the lights. Then I will be able to determine if LED is the true way to go.

Comment

• alltatup
                            alltatup commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Great diagnoses and resolutions to problems of overcrowding.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X