Splitting the stalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splitting the stalk

Most of us hav read about this from time to time. It's to be done about a week before harvest. To increase potency of the buds.Sort of on the fringe. Some of us like to try diff. Stuff like me, I've been doing just that ! My question is why only for a week? Why not do it longer, or earlier ? I've split 3 G.S.C. And are doing fine after 7 days I'm just waiting for a touch of amber to show up before the ax comes down..! If u have any experience with this or info about it please any help would be met with gradatude

Are you able to tell if splitting stalk has made a difference? I screwed up with severe defoliating last grow so I am keeping it simple this time. Splitting stem is severe but I am curious if those bold enough to try see a difference.
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

I must admit I have seen a diff. Those little mushrooms have gone a little wackie and have gotten a little taller and more of them! I will harvest as soon as I see a hint of amber. Good luck with your grow lol

Comment

I split a stem on my first grow by lst'ing tho not that light, it healed but the breakpoint was weak and i managed to crack it open several times and with all the sodomy it didn't seem like it was affected and were similar to the other plants

Comment

I wonder if the additional stress created by the damage has an impact on bud quality. Perhaps it's like when you put them on a water diet at the end to flush and it's the plants last gasp response at getting laid...
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X