what is your favorite led light???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is your favorite led light???

I am looking to exspand my grow area. I am looking for sugestions on LED lights. The price has to be resonable. I currently love the 1000w bestva LED for under 150bucks

I got two led, cheap chinese lights, full spectrum, they say 300 watts, 5watt led x 60, all I can tell you on that so far so good.
    I also use a couple of these with cfl's mostly but sometimes led's.

Comment

Do u know the name? And we're to get it?

Comment

1000w LED for under $150. Just get another one of those.
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

What led do you use flockshot?

Comment

Sorry guys but wattage Is not a good indication of light output. A lot of power (watts) can be lost as HEAT. Even measuring light output by lumons or lux can be misleading when it comes to how much light a plant can use. As far as I know, the best indicator of a lights ability to furnish the kind of light a plant can use is the PAR rating.
          this is the amount of light the plant can actually use. Look it up.
          A man believes what a man desires to be true.

Comment

Agree with u 100 percent but what does that have to do with the post? U can even break the light a plant needs down to umole/moles as well par value will only tell u the strength of the spectrum of your light. What kinda LED light do you like to use?

Comment

• Gordo41
              Gordo41 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, it has to do with the references to wattage that the guys are talking about 1000w for X $, my point was DON"T go by wattage at all. But to answer your question,,, I'm using a Cree 3590 COB 50w with a PAR of 1050 @16". Actually I have a 5 light setup.
              I'll post a pic below.

Comment

• PuravidaC
              PuravidaC commented
              Editing a comment
              Love your new setup, Gordo. Keep us posted during flower!

• Sonnyhad
              Sonnyhad commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice cob setup

• Soilscience
              Soilscience commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. That's the real deal. I just started building these. Huge difference between this and an Amazon "COB", or led.

That's a nice looking light why is the spectrum more like 2700k?

Comment

• Gordo41
              Gordo41 commented
              Editing a comment
              It's actually 3500k but has a lot of blue light spectrom in it, so it can be used for veg also. I have 2 autos under it right now in veg and they seem to be doing very well. When they get to the flower stage there will be tons of light for them to use.
              I did a lot of soul searching before I bit the bullet on these lights. I had Mars leds before this. Which in my opinion are crap compaired to these.

• Soilscience
              Soilscience commented
              Editing a comment
              Doing test right now on Vero COB. 3000 vs. 3500. The 35k is producing heavier flowers with more trichomes. I think they both have similar reds, but the 35 has more blue and less yellow.

This light setup has a dimmer on it which lets me dile in any amount of light I choose. Here iI have it set at 40,000 lux for the veg cycle.
            You can see the blue at this setting.

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
              tyler_ hobbyist commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a nice set up sweet that it has a dimmer switch as well

Gordo poses a very valid question....how does wattage 'specs' correlate to actual photo energy the plant can use.
            Unfortunately, on most that you see online it has very little connection. For an absolute minimum I would like to see at least 25 actual watt/ square foot -50 would be better. Most of the lamps like Mars or Vipar spec bloated wattage ratting but when they do offer some PAR or PPFD specs they are pretty puny compared to what is really out there. Gordo's rig is very similar to what I use-2 four lamp arrays over an 8 plant grow room. They will pump out over 650W when needed but I can dim them when penetration isn't needed. I've got right at $650 in materials for both arrays. Makes a HUGE difference in the grow.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
              tyler_ hobbyist commented
              Editing a comment
              So what are some brand names and par values that are out there?

Par rateing is the way to go but when looking to buy a light 90 percent of the time the title of the light wount say in par value it will say watts. For example (bestva 1000w) (vipaspectra1200w) mars300w ect... most people wount come out and tell u how much par there light gets they just say wattage, so then if I can can atleast get a name and wattage I could look up the par value so I know how strong it is. It doesn't matter if it hps mh led all fixures are made different.

Comment

Watts is the mostly used reference to any light fixture for growing

Comment

Not all (1000watt) or any other watt for that matter hps/mh bulbs have the same par value, same as LED. But most people dnt know there true par value is of there lights so they use wattage that's an easyier way for me to find a new light

Comment

Yes PAR is what the plants actualy use for energy but the reason people dnt use par value is because in the coverage area the par value is not the same and in some cases it can be off by hundred's of pars in the same coverage area. This is why people use lumens or watts.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X