Starting autoflower seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting autoflower seeds

How do I start autoflower seeds for hydroponics?
    I know this sounds like something that would be easy to Google, but i keep coming up empty.

Read this; Welcome to GWE

by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Intro: How to Germinate Cannabis Seeds Are my seeds good? 5 Common Germination Methods Method 1: Starter Cubes & Seedling Plugs (Recommended!)

Comment

Actually, I have a question that may answer yours. I'm fair new at this and about to try autoflowers, and from what I've read, Nebula wrote that Rapid Rooters give you the best success rate at germination, and are good for all growing mediums, including hydro. The only downside is, they come in a bag of 50 and once opened and you use what you need, throw away the rest because they'll dry out and be no good, Now, my question to you other growers is, has anyone discovered a way to keep these guys fresh? I thought about freezing them or maybe vacuum sealing, but I just don't know.
      Last edited by piercer; 09-26-2024, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I keep mine in the fridge in zipper baggies, I have no issues germinating 5 YO seeds, I read freezing is not recommended.

I would try to keep them in a Tupperware like container, or even better a canning jar. That should keep them moist for quite a while.
      If they do dry out can't you just soak them in water to rehydrate? What is so special about the moisture they come with?

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        You dont want them to wet or to dry, if they dry to much they are dead.

Expand your knowledge about cannabis through valuable and reliable information available in our learning center.

I tried various methods including RR and other rooting plugs. I try to keep things simple and the less I need to buy the better here’s another how to , with a short video produced by a licensed seed producer in Canada. I’ve grown a few of their seed very successfully.
      Basically what Nebula said in her paper towel method
      KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
      Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
      Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
      Maybe some compost teas
      Blumat watering system
      Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
      3x4x6’ tent
      Photontek 465wpro
      6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
      Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X