No announcement yet.

First Coco Grow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha I washed my hands well. Here is a closer picture of the cut. Maybe I should've cut a little farther down the stem, I mean it's not too late to cut a little more. I was planning to use LST to widen the plant and create more bud sites. Just need to find something to anchor to the grow bag without ripping it.
    I never topped the pepper plant, one stem broke once and caused it to grow a little more on one side. I didn't know people trained their pepper plants. I just went natural growth and lollipopped it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240916_194014055.MP.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.56 MB ID:	631510
    Last edited by apacin0; 09-17-2024, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Those bags are just about unrippable. I poke holes in them with scissors to tie-down and have never had one rip.
      Basil is a good one for topping outside. Those little bastards will fill up a garbage bag without much work.
      Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

That's good to know they are that strong. To be fancy and safe I think crimping grommets would be nice. Just put a bunch all over the top of the bags.

Comment

Damn if I didn't think that was a Bedazzler when I first saw it. Might be pretty and get you plenty of thumbs, but not my thing.
          All I'm saying about the holes is I've been using the same bags for a few years and have no rips I haven't caused through overanxious scissor poking. But you do you.
          You do you as you don't rhinestone up your bags. I would have to throw you on my list of blocked people that includes a Nazi sympathizer and a paranoid corporate conspiracy theorist.
          Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• apacin0
            apacin0 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol. Your comments bro. I will do me. Not sure about the rhinestones though. Maybe some funny pins... Which actually makes me think about using safety pins as the anchors.

Fun things to do with bags.
          Braaap...zai - GrowWeedEasy.com Cannabis Growing Forum
          Voodoo Runt and the Apostate - GrowWeedEasy.com Cannabis Growing Forum
          Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

La planta is officially on the drip! I'm still using clear tubing. When I feel like it I'll tape it up with black tape. I have it on a short interval timer attached to a regular 24 hour mechanical timer to shut the pump off at night. Currently two 15 second feedings per day. I'll adjust in time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240918_003614700.MP.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.84 MB ID:	631615Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240918_003619604.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	631616Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240918_003656726.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	631617Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240918_003717744.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.58 MB ID:	631618
            Last edited by apacin0; 09-17-2024, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              All that vinyl and hdpe fittings should be replaced with black. The light will grow algae and bacteria fast under the lights.

• apacin0
              apacin0 commented
              Editing a comment
              Correct on the algae. I would like to use black, but I couldn't find any in town. Some day I'll order it. I can just tape it for now. I have plenty more vinyl and can replace it after a bit. As long as it's food safe, it's good for now. I have brown fittings coming soon, which should help block light.

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              Some stuff is hopeless at blocking light. I found out the hard way.

Test first.

I up'd the dosage. 2 feedings are not enough. It's still healthy, just the slightest shade of yellow. I like this auto-feed. Although it's time to scale up from the bucket to the whole tub. I just wanted to test small and then scale up. Easier to add than take.

Comment

Just started training yesterday. Decided to just use binder clips and twist ties. Still learning. Going to cut those lower fan leaves at some point. I just harvested my first bunch of cilantro today! Making salsa with it. Also ~17 peppers growing and more budding.

Last edited by apacin0; 09-20-2024, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Wow it looks much different after some more trimming and training. I start week 5 on Monday. Almost a month of growth!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240922_033123599.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	631945Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240922_033114680.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	631946Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240922_033109422.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	631947

Comment

Not a lot new. I added an oscillating tower fan. This plant is totally an indica. Super short and bushy. Wish I didn't have just a mix of seeds and knew which strain, but I guess that's just part of the mystery and fun. Almost at the end of week 5 starting week 6. Flippin it soon!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240927_163901600.MP.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	632308Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240927_030932056.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	632309

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X