No announcement yet.

First Coco Grow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha I washed my hands well. Here is a closer picture of the cut. Maybe I should've cut a little farther down the stem, I mean it's not too late to cut a little more. I was planning to use LST to widen the plant and create more bud sites. Just need to find something to anchor to the grow bag without ripping it.
    I never topped the pepper plant, one stem broke once and caused it to grow a little more on one side. I didn't know people trained their pepper plants. I just went natural growth and lollipopped it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240916_194014055.MP.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.56 MB ID:	631510
    Last edited by apacin0; 09-17-2024, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Those bags are just about unrippable. I poke holes in them with scissors to tie-down and have never had one rip.
      Basil is a good one for topping outside. Those little bastards will fill up a garbage bag without much work.
      αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

That's good to know they are that strong. To be fancy and safe I think crimping grommets would be nice. Just put a bunch all over the top of the bags.

Comment

Damn if I didn't think that was a Bedazzler when I first saw it. Might be pretty and get you plenty of thumbs, but not my thing.
          All I'm saying about the holes is I've been using the same bags for a few years and have no rips I haven't caused through overanxious scissor poking. But you do you.
          You do you as you don't rhinestone up your bags. I would have to throw you on my list of blocked people that includes a Nazi sympathizer and a paranoid corporate conspiracy theorist.
          αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• apacin0
            apacin0 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol. Your comments bro. I will do me. Not sure about the rhinestones though. Maybe some funny pins... Which actually makes me think about using safety pins as the anchors.

Fun things to do with bags.
          Braaap...zai - GrowWeedEasy.com Cannabis Growing Forum
          Voodoo Runt and the Apostate - GrowWeedEasy.com Cannabis Growing Forum
          αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

La planta is officially on the drip! I'm still using clear tubing. When I feel like it I'll tape it up with black tape. I have it on a short interval timer attached to a regular 24 hour mechanical timer to shut the pump off at night. Currently two 15 second feedings per day. I'll adjust in time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240918_003614700.MP.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.84 MB ID:	631615Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240918_003619604.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	631616Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240918_003656726.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	631617Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240918_003717744.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.58 MB ID:	631618
            Last edited by apacin0; 09-17-2024, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              All that vinyl and hdpe fittings should be replaced with black. The light will grow algae and bacteria fast under the lights.

• apacin0
              apacin0 commented
              Editing a comment
              Correct on the algae. I would like to use black, but I couldn't find any in town. Some day I'll order it. I can just tape it for now. I have plenty more vinyl and can replace it after a bit. As long as it's food safe, it's good for now. I have brown fittings coming soon, which should help block light.

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              Some stuff is hopeless at blocking light. I found out the hard way.

Test first.

I up'd the dosage. 2 feedings are not enough. It's still healthy, just the slightest shade of yellow. I like this auto-feed. Although it's time to scale up from the bucket to the whole tub. I just wanted to test small and then scale up. Easier to add than take.

Comment

Just started training yesterday. Decided to just use binder clips and twist ties. Still learning. Going to cut those lower fan leaves at some point. I just harvested my first bunch of cilantro today! Making salsa with it. Also ~17 peppers growing and more budding.

Last edited by apacin0; 09-20-2024, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Wow it looks much different after some more trimming and training. I start week 5 on Monday. Almost a month of growth!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240922_033123599.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	631945Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240922_033114680.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	631946Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240922_033109422.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	631947

Comment

Not a lot new. I added an oscillating tower fan. This plant is totally an indica. Super short and bushy. Wish I didn't have just a mix of seeds and knew which strain, but I guess that's just part of the mystery and fun. Almost at the end of week 5 starting week 6. Flippin it soon!

Name:	PXL_20240927_163901600.MP.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	632308Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240927_030932056.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	632309

Comment

I switched to 12/12 on Monday. I also cut more bottom leaves today. I'm starting to feel some stickiness and the smell is becoming more prominent, not sure if that's a sign of flowering or just the age of the plant. I now know it is some sort of GMO strain (not what I was hoping for, but whatevs). Gonna be a stinky indica. I'm hoping for Strawberry Banana or Tangie, which is a couple of the cultivars at where I got the seeds. Just gotta keep popping seeds and find them. Like Pokemon I gotta catch them all! (sorry I was kid in the 90's)

Name:	PXL_20241003_204054712.MP.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	632959Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20241003_204024836.MP.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	632960

Comment

Second picture. What looks to be the main stalk but is in front of the real main stalk. Right side of stalk is a fan leaf that is discolored at the intersection of a fan leaf. That discoloration looks the same as where fan leaves have been plucked.
                      Main stalk (in back), a little further up looks like a branch that is purpling from the stalk while its opposite is not. Maybe a fan leaf. I am used to purple fan stems but not a single one, not all the way down, and usually only on the top of the stem.
                      I am curious about those discolorations.
                      I have a suggestion about defoliating the large fan leaves. Instead of pinching them off and leaving a nub to dry and possibly rot, grab the stem close to the stalk and give a quick yank down. It leaves a clean break with nothing hanging on.
                      All else looks real healthy.

αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
                      3x3x6

Comment

The purple on the stalk and stems is from the LED light. I got this mofo close. It is only 100w so no heat and light radiation is not too intense. I have an old blurple light that is 200w (real at wall), that causes leaves to turn orangish when too close. It's just a purple tan. I also grow at 72-73F during the day and 68-69F at night. Outside temps are below 50F at night so there is a cold draft at times, but no chill in the closet. Thanks for looking and the lesson on removing the fan leaves.

Comment

• apacin0
                          apacin0 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          On further inspection I see the purple one you pointed out was one fan leaf I meant to cut. It got purple when it used to be a stem on the top, then the purple stretched out.

I found my old TDS meter from 4 years ago. I finally upgraded to a 10 gallon tub for my res. I filled it to 8 gallons and added nutes yesterday. I just PH'd a few min ago to 5.6 (I know 5.7-8 is ideal, but it'll climb a bit). The TDS meter is reading 850 ppm (my tap water reads 20 ppm). I just looked it up and that's actually perfect for the transition stage to flower.

Comment

Sad to say this one turned out to be male. Found the pollen sacs today... . I have two more plants, but not this far along. The plant is super healthy and beautiful otherwise. Just moved it out. Gonna toss it and save the leca. Not sure if I want to reuse the coco, even though I know you can.

Name:	PXL_20241013_001657548.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	633644

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X