Electricity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electricity

After reading on GWE cfl and MH/hps and LED setups and looking at what the price of each was electricity was im surprised by my first bill. i have a 600watt mh and it rose my electricity a whole 19$. im not sure how the chart said 50-120 or something like that. just wondering what your guys cost you!?

$125.00 a month higher on my with 600 watt set up. I suppose your bill could be lower then mine as long as you are hooked up to your neighbors utility's,

Comment

My 600 watt MH is drawing 675 watts/hour x 18 hours day x 30 days month = 365 kwh mo at $0.1224/kwh = should be about $45 month. (I hope it works out this way).

Comment

Originally posted by drbabe View Post
        My 600 watt MH is drawing 675 watts/hour x 18 hours day x 30 days month = 365 kwh mo at $0.1224/kwh = should be about $45 month. (I hope it works out this way).
        That should be an accurate estimate. With the 600W of actual draw on my lamps, I see a $40 increase during 20hr veg and $25 during flower. Watts are watts.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

i pay really cheap for my electricity i live in Maine so our what costs us the most is heating oil electricity is cheap

Comment

• NebulaHaze
            NebulaHaze commented
            Editing a comment
            How much are you paying per kWh for electricity? At least where I live in San Diego we're paying up to $0.39/kWh in the summer at peak hours! That's pretty insane though. The average in cities in the US is $0.25/kWh, and the average in the US overall is $0.12/kWh. But a huge part of the country pays even less than that! It sounds like you're lucky enough to live in a place with relatively cheap electricity Maine is so beautiful, too.

• Weed Pharma
            Weed Pharma commented
            Editing a comment
            NebulaHaze, the standard offer in Maine is a combined delivery & supply charge= @ .133451 kWh after the first 50 kWh.
            Consider that with an organic grow & LED set up and my cost per gram is extremely low for dense quality bud!

• Inuart88
            Inuart88 commented
            Editing a comment
            Maine is amazing loving the winter but its soon to come to an end... but the spring and summer are good but nothing beats the fall! We pay extremely cheap our one bed room apartment was 40 a month we have moved into a 2 story town house we pay about 60 so my bill went up to 85ish or so.. we can also change our providers in maine and go for a lower rate! I went on a moose hunt 9 hours north of me in zone 4. the towns are called townships up there. and its all dirt roads after the first 5 hours thats the true northern woods =D ended up with a 798lb bull

You may also want to consider which hours of the day the lamp is on. Many electric companies charge a higher rate during peak use (particularly mid-day in warmer climates when everyone's AC is on.) Changing the times you have lights on to exclude those peak costs will also mean you are avoiding the heat from the lamp during the hottest part of the day.

Comment

• bobsakamoto
            bobsakamoto commented
            Editing a comment
            this is true. in fact where i live there are 2 "new" companies that are in an advertising war with the "old" one with that exact feature as the hook...

I live in a state with cheap electricity. With my 2 300w LED's my power bill only increased my bill by $20 or so.
          It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
          Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
          Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

My grow adds about $50-60 to my electricity bill up until I need to use that AC then it's more like $100 a month. This said I think my local utility is a pretty expensive one.
            Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

Inuart88, For February my electrical cost, including all fees, taxes, and all of the other bureaucratic BS come to $0.12179 per kilowatt hour. I am running two CLF lamps at 220 watts each on a 12/12 schedule. This figures out to be $18.00 for the month of February. If I had a 600 watt MH, such as Yours, the cost would have been (on the same schedule) $24.55 for the month, so You are not doing too bad, cost wise.
              Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Another way to save power if you handy is to go find old car batteries that work run wireing to an inverter and run ur power thro that and hook up a battery charger so the battery will stay charged for minium power and u will only have to use little wats to keep those battery's power up it worked for me for 3months till I had to move my set up and I saved 30bucks a month on power lol

Comment

My 600W HPS + ballast draws 660W per hour x 24 hours a day for auto grows x 30 days a month x 0.26065 per kWh that I pay for electricity = 123.86088 per month (USD$94.07)
                  All my other electrical bits for grow use roughly 150W x 24 hours a day x 30 days x 0.26065 = 28.152 per month (USD$21.38)

for a total of about 152 per month (USD$115)
                  Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
                  600W HPS
                  Coco
                  GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
                  Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
                  http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
                  http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

If u spend that much just on power a month is it worth the amount u get off ur plants? How many ozs do u get?

Comment

• NebulaHaze
                      NebulaHaze commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We have some of the most expensive electricity in the US and we spend about $150/month for electricity for the 600W. That gives 16+ ounces/harvest or ~4 ounces/month. A single ounce around here costs ~$300+ so it ends up putting us way ahead. We pay less than buying a 1/2 ounce a month, but the quality is better and we basically have unlimited bud for smoking, cooking, making hash, etc. Overall the electricity costs $37/ounce or less, so it ends up being a pretty good deal when you're a heavy consumer! But if you're growing somewhere with really cheap electricity, it almost feels like the weed is free!

• OzBud
                      OzBud commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I got 8 ounces of bud plus 3 ounces of good trim for cooking off my last grow which I think was 63 days in total if I recall correctly so worked out to be $322.3760904 in electricity all up. so about $40 per ounce. Ounces here go from anywhere from $300-400each, usually around $400 though for average quality so it was definitely worth it for me, hoping to only improve my harvests more

Originally posted by tyler_ hobbyist View Post
                    If u spend that much just on power a month is it worth the amount u get off ur plants? How many ozs do u get?
                    All I know is I was paying between $200-$300. a zip at our local dispensary. Quality was middle shelf AT BEST now I just harvested 10 ounces TOP SHELF DRY for the electricity I think I may be saving money.

Comment

11cents kwh

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
                        Jibblerjoe commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Bill has been as high as 120 dolla.

$0.06918 kwh I was paying 0.099something for this month I switched companies, the other company was pretty mad.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X