How to Collect Pollen from Male Freakshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Collect Pollen from Male Freakshow

Hi. I have a male Freakshow thyat I left with friend who has no plants once i identified him. It is now in full flowering based on photo from my friend. i am heading out there tomorrow and not sure oof best way to collectHas anyone here any experience with it? I will do some research but all i found so far is to shake the flowers into a bag. I still have a few regular Freakshow seeds and hope to get a female I can partially pollinte for seeds. Cheers
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

I put a clear plastic bag over the male flowers and seal it around the stem when they are just about ready to drop pollen.

Typically males planted at the same time as females start to drop pollen sometime before the females are ready to be pollinated which reduces the chances of pollination but if that is not the case you can cut down the male and collect its pollen after you kill it in a safe place away from the females. I just hang the male upside down with the collection bags on their flowers.

If you want to pollinate a female with it use it within a couple of days or dry it out and store it in your fridge or freezer. Freezer storage requires it to be totally dry and it will last at least a season or two no problem.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

When I used to collect pollen I would take a large sheet of tin foil and make an inverted umbrella that i would wrap it around the bottom of the plant and give the plant a good shake. If you can, leave it for a day or two. When you remove the foil crease it and shake the pollen into the crease and pour it into a container.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X