CBG Strains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBG Strains

You need at least a four-letter word to search the forum so I can't find anything about folks around here growing CBG strains.
    Any folks around here growing CBG strains? Don't care about CBD or the others. Just CBG. Indoor.
    SiriusFourside I'm tagging you in this because you know more people doing more things who are not in the forum. No offense, forum.
    Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Gooooogle gives up this using "cbg strains growweedeasy.com"
    I’ve been using CBG and liking it! In terms of growing, aside from buying CBG seeds, I’m looking for evidence re: at what point do the buds in weed plants have the highest concentration of CBG before it converts to THC/CBD etc? In other words, is there a way to tell when the best time to harvest is based on higher concentration

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      That's crazy! Not the link. The link is crazy but I'm talking about searching through google.
      On to the link...

Edited for more research on decarbing CBG per the link. Bear with me.
    Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

This link may help
      Updated 3/5/2022 One of the first things everyone has to do to create usable cannabinoids is to decarboxylate. In this scenario we are decarbing Cannabigerol acid (CBGA) into Cannabigerol (CBG). We do this to “activate” the cannabinoid. If you just want the numbers, below is a chart that summariz

Comment

I saw that one. Like the variances in our traditional THC decarb temps, I have found anywhere between 215° and 240° on different sites. If Mr.furley still pops his head in, maybe he can tell me where he found 165°.
        Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          No. No sprays ever used on the buds. Organic grow essentially.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Gingerbeard
          Pretty sure I was super high.and no one should ever read my post because whatever I say is a little off base.
          The old vaporizing point paper I went back and read said Cbg to cbga at 120°c-245 ish F. I'll edit my mistake

Bluey
          Friction causes decarboxylation, then comes transdermal. this is why Temple balls are hand rolled.
          Last edited by Mr.furley; 08-25-2024, 09:45 PM.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          10-4 Mr.furley . Don't worry, I always figure you're high.

Ovens may vary that much!

Comment

I trust my Milwaukee laser thermometer. But, again, when I decarb I use resin or shatter.
          Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• Need2Know
            Need2Know commented
            Editing a comment
            Watch out for the lazer reading. You may be looking at the oven glass temp, not the temp of the weed inside the oven. You can get temp gauges that you put inside the oven along with the herb. Pardon if I'm pointing out something you already know.

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            You can get Bluetooth with a phone app to monitor it also. Pretty cool they are.

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            When you say 'oven glass temp' I mean the glass bowl the resin sits in when I decarb. That's why I use the laser. Pretty much every spot in my oven is a different temperature. That's one of the pitfalls of having cheap-ass landlords who choose discontinued appointments.
            Plus, I can visually see when decarbing resin is done.

Bluey If you want to go transdermal with your temple balls, stick one in your belly button. Navel absorption. Mind the lint.
          Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X