My BALLS are falling off, they are empty, and late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My BALLS are falling off, they are empty, and late

I forced a femenized sluricaine to male with colloidal silver. This is only the second time I have done this. Last time the pollen arrived at 36 days. This time at 47 days the balls are starting to fall off, and the few that have opened appear to be empty and have no pollen in them. Asking those with breeding experience for insight. I will stay the course but am looking for experience information. I assume different plants have different times for maturing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240726_095532.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	627635 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240726_095603.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	3.29 MB
ID:	627636
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

I know you are looking for experience in this, but it has never happened to me. However, I am familiar with the technical term 'Shootinus DaBlankus.'
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

I would let it go, if your trying to make seeds and buds on a female plant you could put a baggie over a limb with flowers and shake it then put the baggie over the limb of the fem plant you want to pollenate. Turn the fans off for a day or so where you have the female plant. Keep an eye on the pistils of the fem plant and the ones on the branch you pollenated will turn brown before the other pistils that didnt get knocked up. FYI, I usually on CS one branch so the plant will pollenate itself to keep the pheno's at a min. Inbreeding works with the people I grew up with in Kentucky, they all look alike and there was only 3 last names in a town of 5000

Comment

You probably are getting a bit of pollen 7 weeks in. Any pollen dust on the lower leaves?

What went wrong? No idea but that plant doesn't look well developed....mind you most males I've grown look similar, spindly, but tall and stretched. The male flowers are quite small.

The men of the cannabis family really are just wimpy pathetic excuses for a plant.
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
        Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
        Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Not a trace of pollen. Nothing on leaves, nothing when I tap them... Idk. The female clone that goes with it is doing well. There are still many unopened balls, their eyes have met, their DNA not yet, so here's hoping.

Comment

I have no answers, but my last fem seed run produced less than a dozen seeds. The pollen donor looked good but no joy.

Comment

Some plants produce duds. My first attempt at bloody sunset did that. I got a few off the mother but most of the sacs were dry. Let it go it may produce later. Don't spray it anymore.
              keeping it green with the soil thing
              love me some frosty autos
              braap
              BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
              Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
              the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
              blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Allenpro
                Allenpro commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes stop spraying for sure, I stop 2 weeks after the flip

Well here are the two plants that were attempted to be pollinated. Sluricaine x sluricaine and sluricaine x chocolope. The pollen never did show up so there was no careful transferring with a paint brush. Branches were cut, fan leaves cut, then the female plant was brushed with the male flowers. Time was running out, a last ditch effort.

sluricaine x chocolope

Name:	20240908_114015 CL SEED.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	3.51 MB
ID:	630970

sluricaine x sluricaine

Name:	20240910_111749.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	4.31 MB
ID:	630971

Comment

As a last ditched effort you could try playing some Barry Manilow or Hot Chocolate

If in a real jamb I recommend ‘Je t’Aime…Moi Non Plus’ by Serge Gainsbourg

Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
                Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
                Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
                Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
                Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
                Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
                Last Grow: A mix

Comment

I found one!
                  Just one seed in sluricaine x chocolope. That plant was just taken off the drying rack today. The seed is healthy looking. Now I have a question. The instructions on breeding in GWE calls for 60 days post pollination growth. This seed is only 32 days post pollination. Is that enough time for a healthy seed to develop? Maybe this seed is not from the cross but is a result of a herm? There is hope. Now a bunch of time is going to be spent on further seed hunts.

Comment

• Bluey
                    Bluey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    60 days is a long long long time. I've never gone that long to harvest after pollination.

Is it a really dark brown or more of a lighter green?

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A seed can develop to maturity in 4 - 6 weeks

Dark brown, looks mature.

Name:	20240914_000130.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	631291

Comment

• dirtymike
                    dirtymike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Plant that puppy!!

Yup 4 weeks minimum. 35 days is the magic number
                  keeping it green with the soil thing
                  love me some frosty autos
                  braap
                  BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
                  Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                  the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
                  blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X