Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help if you can...

PLEASE HELP!!!

Grow-it-yourselfer is having problems with this years crop. Photos tell the tale, but I will provide background details in the hope that someone can offer experienced help.

The Environment-

4'x8' AC Infinity tent, 6” filter and fan (exhaust). 6” air supply fan. 2 Spider farmer 4’x4’ 750 watt lights. 2 lg bags of Exhale organic CO2. CO2 PPM is between 600-900 ppm. Fox farm forest/ocean soil using Fox Farm nutrients at standard values and intervals. Temp range 73-83 degrees maintained with portable AC unit. Humidity range is 40-50%. Water input is 6.6 PH and runoff is about the same. Seeds are feminized and purchased from a reputable source. 2 Grand Daddy Purple, 2 White Widow and 1 Wonder Woman. (Respectively-Right to left in the photo).

History-
    3rd generation grow of Wonder Woman and White Widow. 1st time growing GDP. Past grows have experienced no problems at all and produced high quality buds.
    For past grows I used Viparspectra led lights, but this year I “up graded” to the Spider Farmer lights and added an extra bag of Exhale CO2 as recommended by the manufacturer.

Current conditions-
    Plants are in their 1st week of budding after 10 weeks of Veg.
    Spider Farmer lights are set to 50% power and are about 24in above the plants.

I have added some Cal-Mag to the nutrients over the past month but no real change in the plants. I’ve also reduced the light intensity from 75% to 50% with no change in the plants.

I’m hoping one of you experience farmers can help this novice out before my whole grow is trash.

Thanks in advance!
    Danno​

5 -7 gallon grow bags and some drainage trays. I think you have just dodged the bullet in the past. Growing in plastic buckets with no drainage is just asking for trouble. It can totally mess with your roots causing big problems like you are showing as well as nutrient lock-out. I only grow in soil in the summer (and outdoors) so I am probably not the best person to be giving you rock solid advice... but the buckets have got to go - the sooner the better!

Your leaves indicates:
    Nitrogen deficiency
    Potassium deficiency
    Manganese deficiency
    Magnesium deficiency
    Iron deficiency
    Sulfur deficiency
    Combined with what appears to be nute burn, heat stress, calcium issues - all of this together points to roots and possible nutrient lock.

You might want to switch up their coco-loco brand for growing medium.

HEY SOIL GROWERS! We need your assistance and advice ASAP!
    Last edited by BU2B; 07-17-2024, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Homegrower001
      Homegrower001 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for checking out the grow and offering some suggestions. I truly appreciate your time. Just to clarify... the buckets have lots of holes in the bottom. Nute burn / Nute lock does appear to be a problem so I have used Sledghammer twice in the past two weeks to break up the salts, but seeing little change. The 5 metals and 2 gasses you listed as deficient, are included in the normal feeding schedule, and with temps between 73-83 degrees I don't think heat stress is the issue either. Will post progress photos and continue monitoring for suggestions. Appreciate your help, BU2B

Definitely hard to see but BU2B looks to be correct with the drainage. If they sit in water they're going to have nothing but problems. Need lots more holes in those buckets. Roots need lots of air.
    Last edited by Bowhunterwoody; 07-17-2024, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Homegrower001
      Homegrower001 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Bowhunterwoody!

I'm with you on that Bu2b. Wet roots and rot.

Those are really good lights and will push any plant well past its limits and make any deficiency or problem much worse very quickly.

You've done well to lower them quickly.

I've not grown in soil under lights so can't help with a remedy but you need to let those roots dry out. There may be something available to help fix that, maybe a bit of H²O² might help but I'm just guessing.

I'd be drilling dozens and dozens of holes in those buckets to start.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Buckets are better than fabric pots in hotter weather especially but you have to have drainage. Drill 6 1/2 inch holes in them so the roots aren't waterlogged
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Homegrower001
      Homegrower001 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have 18 3/8 holes in each bucket base. Thanks G2F

• shadycon
      shadycon commented
      Editing a comment
      I would drill 12- !/2"or bigger holes in the bottom 'sides' of the buckets.

If the planters are drinking fine and getting light before you water again then it could be nute burn possibly. Fox farm runs hot as I've heard.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Fox Farm Ocean Forest has been crazy inconsistent for me. Hot then not. Same with Happy Frog. I'm going to try MG organic next run.

Looks like a K deficiency to me, but it is because your not feeding it enough K or because something like Cal/Mag or PH level is locking it out

Comment

• Homegrower001
      Homegrower001 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Allenpro! ill be bumping up the K on next feeding.

What is your watering schedule and quantity?

Are you adding nutes to the water, if so, what, how much and every watering?

pH, is 6.6 the ideal for that medium? Should it be a bit higher for soil in flower?

What are you using to measure the pH? Is it broken?
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• Homegrower001
      Homegrower001 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm watering every 24-36 hrs, when top 2" or so is dry. Nutes added to water then PH balanced to around 6.5-6.6. Nutes 2x per wk on FoxFarm schedule. 2 days water then 1 day nutes then repeat. I use a newer PH meter that also does PPMs and EC of solution. Have some chemistry background as well. I truly appriciate your help Bluey!

• Homegrower001
      Homegrower001 commented
      Editing a comment
      Each plant gets about 1/2 gal of water per/day, and has a small amount of runoff. Air is pretty dry here in the desert so I use a humidifier to keep at least 40% humidity in the cabinet.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      You do have a very high VPD for that stage of growth. Soil is probably far from ideal given your lights and environment.

When I grew outdoors in soil I would water once or twice per week, unless it was quite hot/windy.

If I grew in pots they were 3 times that size. Soil needs mass and bulk to function properly. Run off in soil grows flushes nitrates from the soil which is a loss of not just N but all forms of nitrates.

I dont think I can nail any one issue here.

Airpots are what you want.

Air-Pot® – The Experts’ Choice

Comment

• Homegrower001
      Homegrower001 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, those are pretty cool... will try them next season. Thanks

Scrogged them down today... Did another Sledgehammer treatment too. gonna water for a couple days then go back at them with nutes. Wish me luck.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Allenpro
      Allenpro commented
      Editing a comment
      Isnt Sledge Hammer a flushing agent? I dont grow in soil but I wouldnt use that or anything similar in hydro until they are done. It kills the bacteria culture as well as flushing out the nutrients. If you have only fed Cal/mag recently I wouldnt think its a toxicity issue but again I am a hydro grower and for soil that may be bro science

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X