Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought some feminized seeds but......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought some feminized seeds but......

they're not autoflowering. Does this mean I have to top them and prune for maximum yield. I suppose I shouldn't press the 'buy now' button so fast. Haste makes waste.

Photos are more tolerant of topping and they tend to get taller than most autos, how much head room you have dictates this. Just flip the lights at 3-5 (8 if you have head room) weeks to 12/12s.
    Next!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
      Photos are more tolerant of topping and they tend to get taller than most autos, how much head room you have dictates this. Just flip the lights at 3-5 (8 if you have head room) weeks to 12/12s.
      Next!
      THank you for your response, Rwise. However, I'm having a hard time deciphering your advice. Specifically, what does flipping the lights mean? What is 12/12s? I'm old and not up with the acronyms/lingo. Thanks again.

Comment

He's talking about the schedule your lights are on. For Photoperiod plants to flower you need to "flip" the lighting schedule to 12 on 12 off. Do this when your plants are about half the size you have room for. And yes topping and training will increase yields when done right. Good luck

Comment

The light schedule before the flip is 18 hours on and 6 hours off. Grow with that schedule until 1/2 the desired/allowed height and then “flip” the lights to a 12 on and 12 off schedule.

Comment

I agree with all above, flip at half the height you want them to finish at but make sure you have extra room in case they triple during the stretch. In my experience if you dont have the room they will probably grow taller than you want. Murphy's Weed Law lol. Other than that, they are no different to grow than Auto flowers, except you can clone a photoperiod and get more plants

Comment

Ok. Thank you for explaining that for me. THat's good to know. I have those seeds germinating right now. I'll definitely do that. My other plant that has survived is about 2months old from the time I germinated her. It's an autoflowering feminized White Widow plant. It's doing well. I keep it in a pot outdoors, unless it's not sunny, in which case I put it under full spectrum grow lights. Should that be on the 18/6 schedule as well? I think it's still in the vegetative growth stage. THanks again.

Comment

• Allenpro
                Allenpro commented
                Editing a comment
                Careful moving plants from outside to inside, they can pick up spider mites outside and they are not easy to get rid of once they are inside. That was a hard lesson learned

Thanks Allenpro. I sprayed it with Captain Jack's this morning. I screwed up and two months ago started germinating autoflowering seeds without knowing they mature in about 2months and need the 18/6 light schedule. I've ignorantly been keeping it outside like a normal plant daylight schedule. So I'm trying the 18/6 schedule for a week to promote more vegetative growth. It's not a very big plant. I've also got four seedlings in the ground today, so I'm not out yet. Thanks for all the responses and I'm sure I'll be back.

Comment

Have you considered growing a cannabis plant and letting it follow its natural growth pattern? I’d recommend that if you’ve not grown before, simply to get your feet wet and gain some experience Topping or fimming is easy to do. Check out the GWE site for tutorials. Basically top the main stem at the 5th node. Both autos and photo period plants can be topped or fimmed. Also, check out the tutorials on defoliation and pruning.
                Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
                Autopot system
                : Malawai 100% Sativa Ace Seeds x 2
                Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Purple Haze/Malawi x 3/Ace Seeds Purple Haze x 1 ILGM
                Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Whether you are growing inside or outside can dictate what you need to do, I got 38 quarts of bud from 1 plant without topping last year.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X