Calcium Deficiency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calcium Deficiency?

I did go through deficiency images and posts, but it's more of a confirmation from the community. What do you think about the images, deficiency wise? The plant itself is extremely healthy aside from the issue in the images. I checked for any type of pests, nada. My PH is good. I'm not getting too much of a dryback, and I'm definitely not overwatering. My only thought is cal deficiency.

I have come to the conclusion that one of my weaknesses is not accounting for plant size when feeding. I want to go with the assigned amounts (using jacks) as its whats assigned. However, I know larger plants will require more nutrients, i.e. a higher ec. I need to work on that with adjustments.

Anyhow, thanks for thoughts. Thinking about possibly using GH calimagic for calcium instead of raising Jacks B, as that would also increase nitrogen.
    Attached Files

Yes, I have been treating mine in early and mid flower for cal deficiency when it's probably a potassium deficiency.

They look the same leaf symptoms going by your pics and you're also in early flower when it starts to show on mine also.

My calmag suppliment didn't help, probably made it worse.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

Not enough info.
      It seems calcium deficit plant. Don't ruch to increase calcium feeding. Are she receiving enough wind? Low VPD combined with low air movement encourages calcium deficiency.

Yes... bigger plant requires more nutrients but it doesn't mean you have to feed it with higher EC at all. Optimal EC is independent from plant size. Generally optimal EC only depends on VPD no size of the plant for sure.
      Last edited by ZiroOne; 07-01-2024, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Information to solve plant issues are on the main page. This is the forum.

Comment

My gut reaction is too much nitrogen in your soil preventing the uptake of micronutrients.

Comment

• ZiroOne
            ZiroOne commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking that except for boron and molybdenum, micro nutrients, which are transition metals, are absorbed as cations and nitrogen source is mainly nitrate which is an anion. Uptake of anions encourages uptake of cations (charge balance). Although there is no direct interaction between nitrate and transition metal ions but as nitrate absorption encourages plant growth and demand for more micronutrients while induceing pH raise, it may induce transition metals precipitation indirectly as they have low solubility in alkaline solution. But in hydroponics one can have too much nitrogen without too much pH raise by adjusting ammonium:nitrate ratio. So the one you said is not always the case in hydro.
            Last edited by ZiroOne; 07-01-2024, 07:53 PM.

• Bowhunterwoody
            Bowhunterwoody commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude's in soil.

• dirtymike
            dirtymike commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep dirt dirt dirt

Apologies for the lack of info. I'm currently in Pro Mix HP. I do have two fans in the tent for air flow, as well as two intakes open to account for the constant flow of air through the exhaust. My temps sit around 78-82, while humidity is around 55-58.

I fed Mega Crop up until the end of week three, at which point I switched to Jacks 3-2-1 (3.6, 2.4, 1.2). Next feeding the amount will be modified to 4, 2, .25 (not seen magnesium issues at .25g/gal, and I can use the extra ec elsewhere), going off of greengenes info, lowering the amount of nitrogen the plants are getting in flower.

Mega crop one part is definitely heavy on N in flower, which is the reason for the change. In veg, Mega Crop 2g per gal all day is the easiest thing ever. If its N toxicity, it should work itself out with the less N.

I'll hold off on increasing Calcium, seeing if less nitrogen has any effect. The good thing is I have been shying away from heavy defols for this reason, more solar panels to fall back on and more locations for the plant to pull from just in case.

Thanks for all the responses, and while I know there is a place on the website to solve plant problems, reassurance from other growers is a godsend, especially for those of us that may or may not be in prohibition land and don't know any other growers.

Comment

You are growing in soil, right? I prefer not to suggest anything when soils are in operation as they follow no standard but soil contains nutrients and you are providing your plant with more nutrients via liquid nutrients. So perhaps there is a nutrient imbalance there.

Originally posted by Thebeginning1989 View Post
            I can use the extra ec elsewhere
            if i understood you correctly, you have to change your mind immediately and dissolve this sentence in a strong acid.
            Last edited by ZiroOne; 07-02-2024, 02:47 AM.

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not sure this is meant to be funny but it is hilarious

• Thebeginning1989
              Thebeginning1989 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mm, ProMix HP is closer to a hydro medium in that it comes inert. It's still on the soil side of things in other respects.

Also, to further explain what I meant with EC to use elsewhere, Jack's part A technically has magnesium. The Jacks feed schedule calls for 1.2g per gallon of Epsom salt (mag/sulfure), but greengene has experimented with raising part A while elimating epsom, and has had good results.

Therefore, I'm just making the assumption that eliminating the 1.2g/gal of Epsom will lower the ec, in which place I can raise part A to match what the EC would have been with the Epsom, in turn increasing p and k, while still getting the included magnesium.

Not going to lie, completely removing the Epsom scares me which is why I just lowered it to .25g/gal

My bad for not explaining more.

I grow in hydro, RDWC & Coco and I use Jacks with double the amount of Epsom salt recommended and I add cal/mag also. Just keep an eye on the new growth

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X