LST Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LST Help

I am looking to try LST this year as last summer my plant was huge & I have limited space. Should I top my plant before tying it down? Thankyou for any help

Looks to me like it's already been topped once? Give us more info did you grow it from seed, clone ?? It's going outside or staying indoors? Is that it's final pot, if so what size all this matters
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Friesians
      Friesians commented
      Editing a comment
      It was started April 1st by seed, staying outside and I was thinking of keeping it in same pot but if change is needed I can do that.
      Last edited by Friesians; 06-03-2024, 08:06 AM.

So it has 3 stems at the top then looks like hence why i asked. If it's a photoperiod ( another guess ) you don't have to top it if you want to LST. But i would'nt use anything smaller than 15gal pot. What's your plan on anchoring it down? Topping as you " may " know doubles the bud sites so how are you going to top? Do you know how to start counting nodes?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

You have really large internodal spacing which is a clear sign it is not getting enough light. Yes. It will be huge at that rate.

If it is a photoperiod I would top that at the first or second node and give it double the light and flatten out the remaining branches below the top.

The three headed top looks like a mutation to me. Had the same on one of my last autos.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

As close as I can see on my computer, I don't see a nub at the topping. Could the third branch be from an unintentional FIM?
        Friesians whatever you do, watch that first topping. If you pull those two new mains you will split the plant down the middle. Getting some tape in there and holding the main at the base of the stems will help keep it together.
        If it does split, just wrap it up with some tape and search the main GWE website for easy fixes.
        In the future, try to cut an inch above the nodes.
        Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

I would top the 2 tallest ones back to the node below and FIM all the sprouts on the remaining plant. It may stunt if for a second from the stress but when it gets back into growth mode it'll explode into a thick, bushy plant but you have to follow what Bluey said and give it more light.

It looks like you have it located on your balcony. You may need to move it to a better location for it to get more light or use a grow light to supplement the light it needs. Pot looks to be a 3 gal nursery pot. If you're going to keep it in a pot and not in the ground I would transplant into a 15 gal bag so that you have enough soil to maintain the plants nutrient needs. I would do that first and give it a week or two to acclimate to it's new home then start doing LST.

Comment

I'm currently trying the manifold/LST combo, and it's been both super easy and low maintenance.
            I'm growing in DWC though, so this may be a bit slower in soil.
            I'd give it a try, it's very relaxing, like smokeable bonsai.

by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Intro: What is Main-Lining Cannabis? Ultra-Quick Guide to Building a Manifold
            Current Grow:
            - Pine Tar Kush {photoperiod}
            - ViparSpectra XS2000 LED {full spectrum, dimmable}
            - MarsHydro grow tent {4'x4'x6'}
            - DWC bucket
            - Manifold/LST​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X