Plant Height Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant Height Question

Somehow during one of my hazy shopping sprees I purchased some Liberty Haze seeds. I was reviewing my next grow and realized that Liberty Haze is a Tall Plant. My tent is only 60" tall. Has anyone ever grown this strain indoors? Just how big can it get? My likely limit is a 40" plant. I can use three gallon pots and a whole lot of LST to keep it small. Should I give it a shot or trade the seeds off and go with a shorter strain?
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

The same review that says it is a tall plant probably also says you can get 400-500 grams per square meter, of super high percentage bud that looks like the picture that made you buy it.
    Have you ever gotten a growers review results?
    Otherwise, shorten veg time and supercropping.
    Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Tall strains like Haze's are perfect for SCROGing, Mainlines and Fluxing where the height is controlled but you need room for the foot print/canopy. Those are fun ways to grow too. I grow a lot of Haze indoors and my rule is flip when they are half the size you want the plants to finish at, plan for them to double but be prepared for triple. Its a good idea to read up on super cropping too.

Comment

That sounds like a super cropping challenge.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I love growing them short and wide. Makes for huge yields. But it's a lot of work with a bit of risk (broken nodes, split stems) and you need great control of all light and environmental factors.

Bar style lights designed for vertical grow racks are the go for a compact setup.

If you get it right you will be well rewarded for sure.
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
        Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
        Last Grow: A mix

Comment

How big can it get? That depends on you. Let's see, I would guess anywhere from 3ft to 9ft.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X