DLI For Autos Compared to Photoperiods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLI For Autos Compared to Photoperiods

Running lights is expensive, so is it worth it to keep Auto Flowers under 18/6 or more for the full grow or would you get the same yield and quality if you switch to 12/12 after they are done stretching in Flower? I am not a regular Auto Flower grower and when I do I normally put them outside. I have a short grow season in New England and the amount of sun is good for autos, but I have grown some in the same tent with photo periods and the same light schedule with ok result or as good as I have had outside so I wonder if the DLI for autos is the same as photoperiods. I am betting it is

It's different. The top one is for photoperiods on 12/12 during flower & 18/6 fir veg, the bottom for autos. It is of course a guide and will depend on other factors as to what they can tolerate and where they are at their best. It does vary from plant to plant a little bit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DLI.png
Views:	149
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	621203
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cannabis-dli-cycle-autos-1.png
Views:	149
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	621204

Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Interesting, thanks
      So I guess auto flowers cost more to grow

Comment

I'm not sure about that as it is a calculation of cost divided by yield. I think it would be more strain dependent but I don't think there would be much in it same strain photo or auto.
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
        Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
        Last Grow: A mix

Comment

I ran my last batch of photos more in line with the auto chart. One of the reasons I did this was to see if high DLI in the early to mid stages of flower would induce the plant to create more trichomes to protect itself from the high PPFD. Anectdotal observations say yes. This next I'll do the same thing but with a different cultivar to see if it was genetic and not me inducing it.

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            When reading lux you swipe left ir right and it will give you dli and ppfd on those screens

• Allenpro
            Allenpro commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes and I have a LUX meter and the 2 meters correlate within 2% and thats good enough for aerospace. lol

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            You'll find your phone varies depending on what level of light it thinks it's reading. The Apogee light meters many use are only +/- 5% when new out of the box and your phone is much worse so only use it as a guide and fine tune as your plants require. I noticed my S23 calibrated at 500 PPFD was reading 150 PPFD too high under 800 PPFD of light and reading around 950 but it's helpful still to get started.

Originally posted by Rootsruler View Post
          I ran my last batch of photos more in line with the auto chart. One of the reasons I did this was to see if high DLI in the early to mid stages of flower would induce the plant to create more trichomes to protect itself from the high PPFD. Anectdotal observations say yes. This next I'll do the same thing but with a different cultivar to see if it was genetic and not me inducing it.
          Thats great you’re doing this. Let us know how this works out. Great experiment. I like your thought process here.
          Current Grow - 5 Tangie-matics from FastBuds
          Equipment
          AC Infinity (UIS Controller 69 Pro - WIFI)
          2x4x6 Tent
          6” ACI Cloudline Pro Inline fan / Carbon Filter (Port 1)
          4.5L Cloudforge Humidifier T3 (Port 3)
          6” Cloudray oscillating (Port 4)
          Light: Spider Farmer
          SF-2000 200w (Port 2)

Containers:
          AC Infinity Fabric Pots
          3 – 5gal
          2 – 3gal

Medium:
          Soil – Fox Farm Ocean Forest
          Perlite
          Earth Worm Castings

Nutrients:
          Fox Farm
          Grow Big 6-4-4
          Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
          Big Bloom Plant Food 0-0.5-0.7
          BushDoctor Cal Mag 1-0-0

Neptune Harvest
          Seaweed Plant Food 0-0-1

Comment

My experience autos cost equal to if not less than photos. My average auto is done at under 90 days and 4oz yield at 19/5. My average photo is 4oz at 140 days with 80 days 12/12. Now I'm comparing apples to oranges here but I'm also talking about the same amount of plants in the same space. Your yields will diminish if you grow autos in 12/12 as well as quality.
            keeping it green with the soil thing
            love me some frosty autos
            braap
            BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
            Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
            the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
            blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X