Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Autos

Hi all!

So my question is if I flip to 12/12. Is that going to impact the yeild on the autos?

The photos I have in the tent need flipped really soon. Or cut back. Which i really hate to do.
    SF 35X47X70 tent
    SF1000 X4
    AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
    AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
    FFOF Soil
    FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
    GH Flora Series
    3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
    Gelato Cake
    Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

I had to put 2 autos on 12/12 not to long ago cause they were sharing a tent with photos. They were only on that schedule for the last 4 weeks and it didn't seem to affect them much at all. I probably would have gotten better yield if I didn't have to flip them but I don't think it would have been much more. I wasn't disappointed. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Comment

Hello there! All I grow is autoflowers. It is a fact that light schedules do not affect the flowering of this strain. However they do need a bit of dark rest through the grow, to do this I use 18/6 for the whole grow. Some growers use 12/12 and others 24/24 but after a few grows I have the opinion that 18/6 is the best. They will grow and bloom on their own built in schedule regardless of light timing but to help them along I think rest time is better at least that is what I do and get very decent harvests with good potency. The best way to grow autos has many opinions but the main key to start is genetics , choose what you want and strive to accomplish that. The hybrid strains are the easiest, Indica strains are usually very stable, the sativa strains require a little more attention and don't seem to produce as much bud. Understand my comments are just my opinion that works for me, you must choose strains that suit you and go from there. GOOD LUCK!

Comment

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        How did the Autos respond to the higher Lux even though the time period was shorter? Did you get any light stress and have to back the light off a little?

• papasan
        papasan commented
        Editing a comment
        The only stress I encountered was the light height. It seems autos are sensitive to light height. With autos we had to adjust height more than photos every few days, things move very fast with autos. The intensity was adjusted throughout the grow until full spectrum was achieved. I use Kind 300 watt.

I grow autos on 12 hours. The current Tangie was grown at 12 hours of light with no issues. It's all about the proper DLI. You'll need more PPFD @ 12 hours than you would @ 18 or 20 hours to get a DLI of 40. If you have a decent phone, you can try using the Photone app. It uses the camera sensor to tell you your PPFD, DLI, lux for all kinds of light sources from the sun to hps lights to LEDs. It could help you dial in the height/intensity of your lights for the best results.

Here's some DLI charts for photos and autos. The numbers you should be looking for with it without CO2.

Hope that helps. Happy growing 🌱🪴
      Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
      Current grows:🪴

Pineapple Express (Barney's Farm)
      MAC1 (Blimburn)
      Blue Dream (Blimburn)
      Sweet Zombie (Blimburn) *autoflower
      Acapulco Gold (B/W Label NASC) *autoflower

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin
      T- 🫖Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Tidal wave 3x
      🍄Treasure Coast 2x(1 was contaminated)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X