Undercured buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Undercured buds

This is supposed to be a happy time and I'm anything but happy. I finally got around to trying my GSC. The buds look awesome(besides my shitty trim) The smell is where I first noticed the there might be a problem. It smells minty and fruity like it should but it's got this musty water smell too. When I smoked it, the high was okay but obscured by the fact that I was trying to cough up my lungs. The cough lasted until the next day. Over those 2 days I think I bruised my diaphragm or pulled a muscle because now when I cough I have a sharp pain right under the edge of my left rib.

Here's some extra background. I dried these for 9 days only. I decided to chop the and not wait 2 more days because we were about to have 2 weeks of nonstop rain . It went into my grove bag and the Govee sensor. For a week, the RH was fine... So I'll be honest, I stopped paying attention. If the humidity was going to go up, it would have went up in the first few days. It was at 58% so I though it was all good. As you see in the data, that's not what happened. It shot up to 62% after a week, and rose to almost 64% and stayed there for a month almost. I'm worried that they're might be mold growing in there since it was on the higher side. Maybe there's still water deep inside the buds and that's what's making me cough?

​​​​​​​ I almost did the same thing with the Mandarin. It should have dried another day and it was curing at 62.5% and it had a damp taste. I know now if I'm going to be using the grove bags it's PARAMOUNT I get the moisture of the buds down to 55-58%. That seems to be the sweet spot. But I'm not sure it's only my second time using the grove bags.

To try and remedy the situation, I have tried burping the bags like you would with normal curing methods. I've spread them out on a tray to have it dry out a bit. It doesn't smell like hay, it doesn't taste like hay..... Shit it tastes GOOD actually it's just making me cough like crazy.

Anyone got any thoughts on how to save this 2.5oz from the trash? Anyone got thoughts on how to prevent this? I never paid much attention to the drying and curing because the butt always grew like shit so never really cared to follow through... Now that the stuff is actually growing really well I keep ruining everything with shitty dries and cures...... If I lose this 2.5oz. I'm so fucked my next grow is 3.5 months away from being smokable ..... So fucked
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:🪴

Pineapple Express (Barney's Farm)
    MAC1 (Blimburn)
    Sweet Zombie (Blimburn) *autoflower
    Acapulco Gold (B/W Label NASC) *autoflower

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin
    T- 🫖Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Tidal wave 3x
    🍄Treasure Coast 2x(1 was contaminated)

I am vaping some right now and it's not making me cough this time. I have been burping it for the past 4 days and I've noticed that the sensor is down to 60.5%. ........ But like wow the cough is gone..... I was just so pissed writing this on my fuck it let me see if any of that work did anything over the past 4 days. ....I think ...I hope🙏 that did the trick because man it tastes good. Not my favorite smell or taste but I know my friend is gonna love it and he almost single-handedly pimped out my grow room for me, so I want to give back a little. Huh. I'm genuinely surprised.... I'm so high IDK what to say lololol.....ummm. I'll get back to y'all

But yeah advice is still welcomed either way.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x

Comment

Two years ago I used Boveda pouches to control humidity in some of my jars during cure and it caused that flower to be harsh and have a strange rusty brown color after time. I've gone back to using fresh leaves in my jars when humidity is low.

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought boveda packs. 3 years ago they're still laying in my drawer. I use them one time and they robbed me of all the terps and taste in my bud. Never used them again

None of what you said about your drying and curing sounds like drying and curing is making for bad bud. Your description of taste and smell make it sound like good bud. Drying and curing is not an exact temperature and humidity science. Yes, they have an effect on quality, but a long-term cough sounds like contaminated weed or a personal issue.
      If I coughed for days after smoking weed, I think I would head to my doctor.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        I was a smoker for many years but I quit about 3 years ago and I only vape or ingest my weed. Not sure what it was but it seems to have gone away. Smoked 2 bowls and only coughed once. High AF. Maybe it was a fluke IDK

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        10-4.
        Pulled rib muscles from coughing, once. It hurt through me. An unfamiliar enough pain in my chest to send me to the ER. Threw away the resin first thing after getting home. Might have been one of those fluke things but I will take measures to keep that from happening again.

Just found 3 seeds in my GSC Auto buds. It's possible it went here in some places..... It's also possible I smoked a seed and that's why I was coughing so much. It happens when you push them at 50 DLI. If receive aren't stable herms will happen. Since the plants are inside the tent I can't pull them out and get a whole 360 view to make sure it's all good. But at least I can say case closed.
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        And you better believe in going to pop these at some point to see what happens. What kinda seeds would an auto even produce??? Would that be autos still or would the be regs?

Just dry properly and jar and burp. All these bags and and humidity packs are just too much for me. If you can't burp a couple of times a day to start with just dry it longer and slower and take it a bit further. The little hygrometers you can drop in the jars are worth their weight in gold.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I just got over confident thinking it was good. If I had looked at the hygrometer,I would have seen it was a tad wet. I like the C-Vault and jars but man I just don't have ANY room in this place...I need to Purge some hobbies.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X