Hash talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it is.
    3.5 grams and 9.7 grams. Call it 13 grams from 100ish grams of one week cured weed. 13% Might be a % higher than the previous highest % that was not 'dewaxed.'
    The 3.5 grams is a mixture of the side taffy and bottom wax since the side taffy was too sticky. I pressed it in my kief press. This is not efficiently pressable stuff.
    It smells just like the flower. Smoothe. Almost no taste or vapor smell. including that burnt fried chicken crust taste that I assume comes from less dried weed. Might need a low temp for dabbing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0536.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.73 MB ID:	617016
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Oh. This does not like hit conglomerate resin. Conglomerate resin does not hit the head like weed. My miracle hits the head just like the weed it came from. Which is a good hit.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

There it is. That burned, fried chicken butt-hole crust I was talking about. I'm letting this stuff sit for a while. See if it ripens or cures. I do not need to be a vegetarian to dislike that smell.
        The problem is I cannot separate the finer particulate matter. The super fine stuff that passes through the coffee filter that gives the color. Still too dirty.
        A damned thing about this is I still have solvent that gave me so much hormonal imbalance to get. If research doesn't give me a somewhat simple way to clean this up, I'm going to have $28 worth of hormone unbalanced solvent and 11 grams of sadness.
        I do not think I will buy one of those washing machines. For $200 I can shake that triangle bag in a bucket of ice, myself.
        Last edited by Gingerbeard; 03-14-2024, 12:45 PM.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

I was taught a method using butane/propane and a tube to place the stalks in, and then blasting the gas through the tube and out the bottom comes the resin.

Is this method worthwhile? Do you get enough product? Is the oroduct a quality product? Im guessing its hash or is it something else?
          Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
          Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
          Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
          Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
          Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Blasting a packed glass tube with butane is the common method. Anything after that becomes laboratory.
            Quality, it is not. It is the goodness of the plant that you want to extract from your plant, plus something that you do not.

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks GB

I don't have a glass tube but plenty of different pipes made from steel, poly & UPVC.

I think I'll use this method to extract from the stalks, otherwise they will get tossed.

Also I'll be using the quick wash ISO method for the trim and some green butter from the leaves.

That just leaves the roots that I have no plan for

The waxes and particulates can be cleaned out by dissolving the resin in ethanol, chilling the solution with dry ice, vacuum filtering with a lab filter, then draw off the ethanol in a purge chamber.
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            That sounds rather complex for my very basic home lab that is limited to a BBQ gas bottle and 4ltrs of isopropyl sitting in my freezer door

That is called 'winerization' Ckbrew. The process you are talking about is how distillates are made. That is my familiarity, anyway. The best I was able to do was freeze the butane. Dry-ice is optimal but needs to be added to until the process is done. A kitchen freezer will do the same but in more time.
          I would love to get into that but I have a few drawbacks. One being quantity. The equipment and process handle much larger quantities than I will ever produce. Another being dry-ice. I was sourcing it to use this round. I have a dewaxing column that is made for, and I have gone with dry-ice. The stuff is rare for me to get without a car. Ethanol is special order for me. California is tight on what individuals can buy booze-wize outside of commercial use or in very small quantities. 151 is the highest booze we can get without using ISO. The equipment ain't nothing but a thing to buy. Just like my column.
          I thought, maybe, the wax might affect the taste. But the wax and shatter of pre-resin days never tasted like this. It is very much like rosin, which I am not a fan of dabbing.
          It is all about the green/gold plant matter.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• Ckbrew
            Ckbrew commented
            Editing a comment
            In the land of fruits and nuts you can not get 95% ethanol- ain't that odd.

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            But can you buy or is it convenient to drive to another state to buy the high-test Everclear? Closest I know about is two states away.

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Waaait, I just reread that. The land of fruits and nuts is California! Yeah, even sitting on top of Tijuana we are worried about getting our faces burned off in 'm'rica. We care more.
            We care more and, being the fifth largest economy in the world we freely feel free to force our neighbors to do the same.

The evil Amazon has it delivered to o your door.
          keeping it green with the soil thing
          love me some frosty autos
          braap
          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Although it is illegal to buy or sell spirits higher than 151 in California, 200% food grade can be ordered from culinary supply stores, my Brocaholic. If ordering it online were a thing, banning it would not be a thing. I guess. One thing I read is we banned it because people were lighting their faces on fire with flaming drinks. Flaming drinks? My god, man! I have a moustache!!! Plus, I'm 53 and still learning how to work with the surge in nose-hair production.
            Amazon may be evil but they are top notch compared to the bastards at the USPS.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

Winterization, the ghetto days.
              I dissolved a solution of the 3.7 gram puck in a jar with ISO. The jar went to Jr.'s -20° coffin freezer for a few hours. The dissolved resin got poured over a coffee filter rubber banded over a glass bowl. The percolation got de-ISO'd overnight on my grow light that kept the bowl at 105°. Scraped some. Dabbed the scraped some.
              Much less nasty. Still not conglomerate resin but I am not ashamed to share it with friends who give a hoot about what they use.
              I don't think this was so much winterization as it was gravitation. Making resin forces solvent and particulates through a filter. Letting the solution fall through the filter does not force the particles. They lay on the filter instead of being pushed through.
              I do not know how much dewaxing happened in the column, so I do not know how much wax was getting filtered by gravitation. Winterizing is about congealing and floating lipids in a solution of alcohol. The wax is more easily removed because it will no longer go through a filter. But what does it do to the particulates?
              Can a 10 micron piece of plant matter rehydrate to a 20 micron piece of plant matter in alcohol?
              My aim was to get rid of the particulates. I think I did a good job of it! Still some work to out. Equipment purchases to ponder. But I did it and I did it small scale with ghetto goods. Red-neck, if you prefer.
              I am so cool... I love experimenting with drugs...
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

My last batch of Hash, Mazar Kush from last fall.
                Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                Full auto grow
                Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Are those a gram each or a pound each? Give some scale, please. What % return do you average with a 220 screen?
                  Would you like me to winterize and gravitize them, senor?​
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

Young Ginger the 3 "balls" equal to 12 grams, a ratio of 1 to 10, 1 gram of hash for 10 grams of dried cured flowers. As for my screen I use a 120 micron kind. Sometime less if the flower is less frosty.
                    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                    Full auto grow
                    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller

Comment

10%, got it. I swear someone said they were good with 220, and you are someone.
                      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                      3x3x6

Comment

Don't swear too much that someone is someone else.
                        Full auto grow

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                          Gingerbeard commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No, no... I said you are someone. Not, someone else. You are something else. Something else, entirely!

• Farmbuck
                          Farmbuck commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Putting the jokes aside, are you satisfy with your ratio of Hash ?

What is the simplest and least expensive way for someone to make hash? Someone like me, who has never made it before?
                        SF 35X47X70 tent
                        SF1000 X4
                        AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
                        AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
                        FFOF Soil
                        FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
                        GH Flora Series
                        3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
                        Gelato Cake
                        Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

• o0644
                          o0644 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          https://www.growweedeasy.com/dry-ice-hash I'm planning to do this with just a 160 silk screen mesh, and just hand tearing the wet trim+buds apart before freezing. Because I'm lazy and trying to get a 20% effort for 80% reward solution for using with a dry herb vape. I read that you get better product if you shake very gently. So can do multiple passes with one grit or whatever. Trichomes fall off first, frozen plant matter progressively gets pulverized more.

• Bluey
                          Bluey commented
                          Editing a comment
                          QWISO is probably the easiest but is it true hash? Some say it's not safe to make or consume, others disagree with that if done properly. I don't know for sure either way.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X