PH meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PH meter

Remember to check your calibration. Just did mine and it was off. Don’t find out the hard way. Calibrate your meter.

Great minds think alike, I’m calibrating tonight!

Comment

New probe for mine ordered last week. Got 12 months out of it, just taking a lot longer to settle and drifting marginally...still accurate though.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• 12HourPower
        12HourPower commented
        Editing a comment
        Regarding combination EC+pH versus having two separate pens: I think two is probably more economical. The combo pens are expensive and so are the probes. And you have to replace the whole thing even if one half still works. So I'll probably get the EC60 first and then the PH60 later. My PH20 is still accurate, I just wish it had a third decimal place and replaceable probe.

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        The Apera Instruments PC60 Multi-parameter Tester/Meter simply tests pH/EC/TDS/Salinity/Temperature for regular aqueous solutions such as hydroponics, aquaculture, pools& spas, tap/drinking water, water treatment, cooling towers, etc.

• 12HourPower
        12HourPower commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, the PC60. Looks like combo probes are 52 usd, compared to 30 for the single probes. More expensive but not twice as expensive. Looks you can use a variety of probes, single and combo. That's nice.

Another thing to remember for those with well water. Drought and heavy rain will change your well pH . My water came out at 7.4 for so long I got lazy and added my normal amount of pH down and and gave it to plants usually without measuring. Why not, my pH has been the same forever. Then after a very, very dry summer we got 4 inches of rain in 3 days. Didn't think about it and watered as usual . You guessed it, plants immediately started showing pH problems. Measured my water and it was at 6.5. The rain had lowered my pH by almost a full point. Over the next few months it slowly raised up to normal. Lesson learned, always check pH.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I use rainwater harvested from my roof into a decent size plastic tank.

It quite stable atm and when mixing nutes with silica and calmag at 1.4 through 1.8 EC it's in the 5.9 to 6.1 range mostly...don't have to touch it....but if we get lots if rain it could end up anywhere just like your well.

I had problems in my last grow controlling PH. Prior to this grow I recalibrated and found out that it would not lock onto PH7. The 3 and 10 were ok. I have since replaced that meter.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I recalibrate every harvest, about 2 months or so.

Comment

I use trusty Litmus Paper. Never failed me yet.

Comment

The Blue Lab PH controllers I use for the reservoirs have an idiot light that begins to flash every 30 days from the date of the last calibration. Of course I did not know that until I got around to trying to figure out why there was a light flashing. And I felt like an idiot but now I know. The Blue Lab pen I use when mixing nutrients does not have an idiot light, so I calibrate it when I do the two controllers. Thanks for the reminder.
            Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
            Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
            Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

pH papers are the way to go. Reliable, and no calibration needed.
              Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X