Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3986.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	4.09 MB
ID:	615707 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3986.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	4.09 MB
ID:	615706 Hey y’all my plants are struggling with leaf burn can’t seem to find a solution

this happened to me my last run so I dialed the nutes back
    But made no difference
    and now I don’t know if it’s a nutrient burn issue or something else
    Break down the setup

growing in coco coir under Gavita 1700e led lights
    ppfd currently at 800

With C02
    using ro water

house and garden cocos base with calmag and other additives

Currently on day 50 strain goes 63 days before chop
    Currently feeding at 1200ppm ph 5.9-6.1
    run off currently 1500ppm ph same
    Started seeing leaf tip burn around day 35ish

I’ve never had this issue before I made the switch to leds

The main leaf burning is towards the bottom
    the top half is just yellow tips
    Attached Files

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3987.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	4.38 MB
ID:	615709
    another pic
    I can post more pictures if needed

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like a light issue besides root issues how old were the plants before you flipped them?

• Allenpro
      Allenpro commented
      Editing a comment
      What is the humidity at? I had a couple of plants with what I thought was nute or light burn and couldn't straighten it out, My RH was at 15% I raised it to 45 in veg and the new growth looks great. I had no idea it was that low or that it would effect the plant so much.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      So those are toast from being pushed to hard to fast. Grow for quailty and care properly for this great plant. Makes me sick seeing this waste for the almighty quick buck.

4-5 week veg before flipping from clone but I get get a ppfd reading at those leafs but I’m sure it’s gonna be on lower side of 400-500

Comment

Rh at 50-60%

Comment

• Allenpro
        Allenpro commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds good

ppm is a confusing measurement as there are two standards for measurement, a base of 500 TDS or a base of 700 (ECx700).

If you're measuring at the 500 scale you are burning them and need to reduce that probably to under a 1000, maybe 800.

If measuring on the 700 scale you are probably close to the maximum and if in middle to late flower need to reduce that back also, maybe to 980ish and lower the closer you get to harvest.

The above assumes RO water or water with zero TDS.

Using EC as a standard measurement I find easiest.

Edit. The harder you push your plants with light and VPD the lower your EC required to avoid nute burn. The switch to LED'S would tend to mean a reduction in EC is required relative to what you used to do. LED'S also tend to accentuate deficiencies in some nutes, especially in coco.
      Last edited by Bluey; 03-01-2024, 01:09 AM.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Check your light setup, keeping an eye on distance and spectrum. Ensure CO2 levels are in check, and verify the balance in your RO water—pH or nutrient issues might be at play. Don't forget to inspect your root health; even with good nutrients, uptake can be tricky. And, in case you will need the right water proportions check this Converter.​

Comment

Thanks for the replies i
          as for the ppms its set on the 500 scale I usually go by ec but a lot of people on other forums go by ppms
          I will lower the dosages down thank you everyone

Comment

Thanks for the replies
            as for the ppms its set on the 500 scale I usually go by ec but a lot of people on other forums go by ppms
            I will lower the dosages down thank you everyone

Comment

Back your lights off to give them a second to recover. Lower your feed solution ppms to 800. I never go over 1000ppms in flower. In veg I can push nutes up to around 1200ppms before I start to get tip burn but in flower less is more. According to your timeline you're a couple weeks from chop so dropping feed solution strength should be happening anyways.

By the time they recover you'll be ready to chop so I wouldn't worry all that much.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X