Green tent window question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green tent window question

---If you must visit your plants during their night period, it’s best to get a green light either from a garden or hardware store in order to not disturb your plants during their ‘slumber.’
    The reason a green light works at night is because plants reflect back green light instead of absorbing it (hence their green color). Phytochrome, the photoreceptors that cannabis uses to tell whether it’s “day” or “night” is not sensitive to the green spectrum of light. Therefore a green light is pretty much ‘invisible’ to your plants and won’t affect their dark periods.---

So I just bought a new tent. This one has a green window. Last one had a clear window. So what I've just read from the website is that green window will allow me to 'peek' (if needed) at the plants at "lights out" time. Am I correct?
    Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
    Canna Coco Or
    Happy Frog soil
    Fox Farms nutrients trio
    Smart pots
    Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Firstly, why do you need to peek at your plants of a night?

Looking through windows of a night is for the voyeur.

Leave them alone.

That's a myth re green light. You can use normal light as long as it is really low lux..like under 1 without disturbing them.

I have a tiny amount of light in my grow room of a night, it's blue, it's enough to see around and not walk into things once your eyes adjust. No issues.
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

I've wondered the same thing about my big green window. But it is always dark in my tent when it is closed so the only thing I can see is right in front of the window. Useless, in my case.
      What's wrong with voyeurism, Bluey? Saves a lot of embarrassment.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Negative on the military intelligence.

Voyeurism without consent makes for a pervert.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        You say 'pervert' like it is a bad thing.

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Well spying on people who are naked, in private, without their consent is not a good thing! It's illegal in many places.

Anything more than full moon brightness is a no no but...as Bluey said, there should be no reason you need to attend to your girls after lights out.

If you just want to look at how awesome your grow is buy a camera and put it in your tent. That's what I did. I'm pretty good at leaving my girls alone and the camera was mainly to be able to monitor them when I'm gone but don't get into the habit of helicoptering your plants. You'll do more bad then good doing that.

Comment

As others have said. I think the best policy is to do what needs done during the 12 hours of light.
        SF 35X47X70 tent
        SF1000 X4
        AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
        AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
        FFOF Soil
        FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
        GH Flora Series
        3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
        Gelato Cake
        Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

Windows in tents sounds like a neat idea. I know I was taken in by it. In reality, they are almost useless and are usually too high up to allow a good view. Not worth the consideration.
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Nope, I get it too. The first question I asked was WHY? What do I need to see in the dark? I was just curious about the green window versus the clear window. Thanks for all your replies!
            Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
            Canna Coco Or
            Happy Frog soil
            Fox Farms nutrients trio
            Smart pots
            Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X