My cannabutter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cannabutter question

The recipe I always see for cannabutter is 1:1. 1 pound of butter to one ounce of weed.
    Is that just so there's a recipe? I mean, can a pound of butter take two ounces of weed? Is there a saturation point where the butter cannot take anymore THC?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

IIRC, the science says that the transfer happens when the extracted weed molecules bind to the fat molecules. I would imagine with a pound of butter there are enough fat molecules in the solution for the extract to bind to.

As far as where is the tipping point? I would imagine that would come with some experimentation as each cultivar will have differing amounts of cannabanoids, THCa, etc.

Maybe do two pots. One with the traditional 1:1 and the other doubling up to see if there is a doubling effect. I use to make cannabutter for a dispensary a buddy of mine owned. I would do both 1:1 and 2:1.

2:1 sold, 3 times as fast as the 1:1. I would attribute most of it to advertising as I would label the 1:1 XX and the 2:1 XXX. Using both I did notice a bump in how high I got and how long it lasted with the XXX but I can say it wasn't double the effect of the 1:1.

This is all anectdotal so take it for what it is but that has been my experience with cannabutter.

Comment

I've only ever used leaf and trim to make green butter and gone as much as a pound to a pound. You can play around with it. I don't know if there is an upper limit.

This worked fine for biscuits, muffins and cakes. I'm sure you can mix up the ratios quite a bit and everything will work as intended. I do a very very slow simmer over many hours, but probably not needed.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        So you've made CB with a pound of butter and a pound of trim?

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't weigh it out. I used a 14ltr pot. Half filled it with trim and leaf, not all dry, and added 4 blocks of butter, which is about 2.2lb of butter. So probably about a pound of canna.

I used a clean tea towel to squeeze out the canna into trays and put them into the freezer for about an hour and then took off the green butter on top,stuck that in another container and froze for later use.

I worked out that one large biscuit had about 19grams of this butter in it and if you had one on Friday night you could right off the weekend. Not much would get done.

It worked fine.

Edit. It didn't ever kick in, not like a joint or a vape. You were just there, anywhere from 20min to an hour. Youd stay there fir a long time, not sure how long. Not a high so no coming down. It was a real nice feeling but would kill motivation in the following day or two. Not good if your subject to drug testing I would imagine.
        Last edited by Bluey; 02-25-2024, 03:29 AM.

It's about weed butter to recipe you should be looking at.

There is a equation that rolled around here a while ago but I can't remember how it works, something like 18% thc × grams to x amount of product, ÷ # of individual pieces give you milligrams pre pieces . I think there is a calculator somewhere in the vast Inner web Space.

I don't buy into that mil BS, for me a zip of weed to a elbow of butter is strong enough to make 8 dozen cookies. I using 1 1/4 lb of weed butter and 1 1/4 lb of nonweed margarine in a 2 dozen batch and sometimes half a cookie is enough.

Iv heard Some people having "getting high" problems and no affects from cannabis intake and a lack of vitamin D is a common link iv found, eat all the decarboxylated weed in the world and maybe feel something isn't productive so if you find the oz to lb weak look into that.

ultimately it's up to you how much cannabis you want to put in there, two oz to a lb will work! I just find it wasteful and would look at another reason why potency isn't working.

Quality of cannabis greatly increases your potency, you've got some been setting in Gunther's old boots from 1970 you may need a pound to a pound just to taste like weed and not feet.
      Space for Rent.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Trimming bud or extracting the butter from the weed without gloves always effects me. It brings on the shakes and a not good feeling. No decarb but something is effecting me. No psychoactive effect though but it appears to effect my nervous system.

Sort of what I expected. 1oz:1lb is a recipe so there is a recipe.
      Along the lines of what you were talking about, Mr.furley. Pot potency is the key.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Something more to discuss.
        Are the entourage effects of edibles the same as smoking?
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          From my experience with making butter using the 'waste product' from the sativas I grow, I have to give a firm 'completely different.'

The effects from eating it the way I do it are chalk and cheese with smoking and vaping.

One moment your normal, then it sneaks up on you and you are just 'there.' It's a really nice feeling but not a high like you can get from smoking or vaping where that 'kicks' in and there is no coming down either, but loss of motivation, lots of laziness and an overall feeling of peace and wellness, but not euphoria like opium.

I remember the 1st time I made it and used the butter in large cookies. I ate a cookie on a Friday afternoon and then drove down to a local bar, bought a beer and got chatting with friends. I was halfway through my beer when I started feeling its effects and I realised that it was quite possible I may not be able to get my car out of the car park safely let alone drive it on a road if this effect continued to increase. I wanted to be out of there and home so put the beer down and left.

Judgement of distance, space/time became warped but I wouldn't say I was stoned.

• Rootsruler
          Rootsruler commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree. The affect, for me at least, is more calming than getting high. I also agree with the way it sneaks up on you. When I smoke within minutes I can feel it's effects. With edibles I'll eat one and go off and do something and right in the middle I'll stop, look around then realize I'm fucking HIGH!!!

Made Chocolate Chip cookies from some cannabutter I had made. Had some friends over to chill and play ping pong in the backyard. I told them all no more than one cookie. I had made a dozen. There were 4 of us. One of my friends had said he was going to the bathroom and we didn't think much of it but about an hour(No idea if it was an actual hour as time and space had went bye bye by this time!) had passed and he hadn't returned. I went inside to see what was going on and he was passed out on the couch. Didn't think much of it until I saw the empty plate.....OH FUCK!!

We were so high that we started to panic thinking we had just killed him. We went so far as to come up with a plan to dump his body in the river channel. He came to when we had him in the car and were about to drive to the river channel. He asked us why we had put him in the car and we told him we were driving him back to his place. To this date we've never told him we were going to dump his body!!! LOL!!

Would you agree 3oz of trim for one pound of butter? I think I read that on GWE site.
        SF 35X47X70 tent
        SF1000 X4
        AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
        AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
        FFOF Soil
        FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
        GH Flora Series
        3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
        Gelato Cake
        Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          That will probably be fine. I have mostly used leaf in my butter extraction mixed with trim. When I first read up on it, it said use any organic matter from the plant except hard stuff that would poke holes in your cheese cloth.

• bdeegan
          bdeegan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I use the 3oz of trim to a pound of butter (or 1oz of flower). I got the recipe from the gwe site 🙏

Bluey The traditional art of hush making is beat and sift, the pollen (Tricrome) is collected and hand rolled into balls.

Hand rolling creates friction, with heat being a byproduct thus decarboxylation happens and cannabinoids could be absorb topically, getting all sticky, rubbing yar fingers, I don't doubt it can effect you just from trim, considered a bonus but it would be better if it was in a good way.

MMMMMM Temple Balls!

Gingerbeard I am a firm believer that cannabis has a wide range of effects on a wide range of people. Example It helps people with headaches Right! it doesn't help me with headaches in fact it makes them worse. I don't discount it works for others because it works differently then how it affected me that said, It is a different high for me then smoking and best only used at bedtime as a "said-a-give" it also lacks that smoking crave, feel stoned but didn't smoke satisfaction and the effects for me last longer then smoking when I use edibles specially in the daytime.

No sneaker toke here and there! you bought the ticket my friend, you're taking the ride!
        Space for Rent.

Comment

• Mollisol
          Mollisol commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha! Sometimes weed will give me a terrible headache. I thought I was the only one! Thankfully only happens once in a while and I don't know why.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope, no smokey for Furley with headaches.

Smoking, indica, sativa or hybreed don't matter which at night gives my great aspirations and delusions of grandeur but with edibles I'm out like a light.

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          I have heard that it is the way we metabolise the active ingredients of cannabis as to outcomes and differing effects and that is the big unknown, which could go on to explain a lot, if correct.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X