General plant Qs…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General plant Qs…

Howdy 🤠…So, updates. newbie (I’ll keep saying this for a while yet..) Last grow went well, Orion F1. Other than being able to get a bigger yield there were no biggy probs. Like biggy smalls only…bigger. Healthy plant all in all I pulled just under 2 ounces and was very good quality, I expected to murder my first one so I was happy. So attached is my next…double banana kush 😊 She’s been in flower now 2 weeks. I’m not confident enough yet to start chopping the tops off in veg or doing any plant training…next time 😊

Looking for as many tips for maximum yields as possible…even if I can take your points on board for the next one (might leave this do it’s thing. The only thing I’ve done is trim chunky fan leaves off through the grow. Any info appreciated.,,

TIA
    HDK
    Attached Files

I forgot my set up…

AC infinity one plant tent (2x2)
    200w AC infinity LED
    Pro 69 controller
    Cloudline T4 exhaust
    one clip fan standard
    Bio Bizz Trio nutes
    Bat guano top dressings

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Overfeeding N and spread those branches out. Learn LST

Hello Hdk40. That plant looks pretty good. Lots of bud sites. I'm not the best at this but it looks like to me that you should thin out the middle of the plant. Can light reach the floor of your grow space? And consider removing the buds lower down on the plant. If you haven't already search the GWE web site for lollipopping and defoliation during flower. Increasing the air flow will help the buds grow phatter and will help control humidity/mold issues. Buds that don't get enough light will not develop to their full potential and are a lot of work during the dry/cure process.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
    Autopot system
    : 1 Purple Haze/Malawa 100% Sativa Ace Seeds 1 Strawberry Cough ILGM
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 2 Purple Haze/Malawi & 2 Malawi 100% Sativa Ace seeds
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Looking good and welcome

I haven't used bat guano on cannibis before but I have used it on lots of frangipani going onto flower and they loved it, they went berserk.

You are getting yellow tips.

Brown tips curling up is nute burn...yellow may be PK deficiency, but you better check that as my memory is like a sieve

CORRECTION: NOT FRANGIPANI. I USED IT ON bougainvillea.
      Last edited by Bluey; 02-14-2024, 06:15 PM.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

I actually increased the airflow today after advice from a friend. I had no idea you could defoliate in flower I thought all that had to be done in veg so I will have a go at this tomorrow. Nute burn quite possibly…I might need to raise lights too. I think I will trim the bottom and centre and have a read of those articles

Comment

Looks like you're on the right track. I grew an Orion F1 about a year ago when I got 3 free seeds and was disappointed in the yield also. Still have 2 of the seeds I haven't bothered growing.

Comment

Orggrwr That’s the reason I had them too, free with something I bought, wouldn’t have seeked that strain out personally

Comment

My advice. Leave it alone.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X