Organic growers unite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organic growers unite!

I feel like an outsider growing all organic. Anyone on here 100% organic? To me, organic weed is like a Wagyu steak compared to a Wal-Mart steak. It's so easy growing organic too. Just water and go if you got the right soil. No need for all that guess work. So, I wanna hear from the organic growers here. What you using and show me some pics! I'm proud to say I'm organic. And I'm not dogging the ones who flood their sh@t with chems, grow on newspaper clippings and shredded egg cartons, and have to flush for 2 weeks before harvest just so your not smoking chemicals, to each his own. I'm just curious on how many out there really strive to stay away from chemicals and let nature do its thing. Let me stress this enough, I don't want this to be a Chem vs organic thread. Not my intention. I just really wanna like hear from some fellow organic farmers. Even if our buds are smaller, they are pure...

My current pic. 14 days since flipping to 12/12. Other pic was from the day I flipped.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Radeon; 02-13-2024, 11:47 AM.

I was till the Canadian govt. started a crack down on organic products and banned Iguana Juice. In a pinch I went to Big Bud. I’ll be using only organic Power bloom on my next grow. I do use compost tea as my main food.

Comment

I used the soils nutes for seedling and veg. When I flipped, I supplemented with Roots Organic Terp Tea Bloom. 1/2 tsp every watering. Now I might not have need to do that, but for my peace of mind I'm adding just a tad of nutes and microbes. They reccomend 1tsp for beginning. Since I have faith in my soil, I went with half that. And my plants are loving it. No need to increase if I'm having no issues. That's a bummer Canada did that. There's got to be a way to get them without drawing a red flag. I can think of one but I'm not mentioning it here. Pm me if you want help.

Comment

I try to stay organic, make my own soil from aged compost, add bananas, egg shells etc. etc.. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2333.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	614137 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2324.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	614138 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2341.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	308.2 KB
ID:	614139

Comment

Nice Rwise...nice. love it! Beautiful...keep it up. I highly reccomend adding gypsum. It's a secret ingredient when growing shrooms and cannabis loves it. It don't take much but it's highly effective. You see the mushroom substrates bags on eBay and other sites, if it lists gypsum as an ingredient, then they know what's up. Even using brf using pf tech, gypsum was shown to be highly beneficial in yield.
          Last edited by Radeon; 02-13-2024, 12:28 PM.

Comment

And if you hurting on cash and would like to try adding some gypsum to your grow (mushrooms or cannabis) use crushed up drywall. Take the paper off and use the guts. Sh@t, a friend might have a piece of drywall in his garage. You could get it pretty much for free without much effort. Just some fyi....

Comment

I've been 100% organic for 5 years now and still working on new ways to improve. This year I've introduced bio-char to my mix. When I got back into growing a number of years ago I went the bottled nutrient route and it seemed like all I did was chase PH up & down continuously with less than ideal and sometimes catastrophic results. When I first began growing in the 70's and 80's I would stick a seed in the ground in the backyard and had huge plants that were always healthy, so I decided to see if I could utilize natural soil for containers. I started a couple of worm compost bins and that has been the backbone of my soil development along with mineral supplements. Almost as soon as I harvest in October I begin redeveloping my soil for spring. I'm not knocking those who use off the shelf nutrients because I've seen the incredibly fine results people have achieved growing with that method. It's just not for me. Reading the handling instructions was probably a motivator in getting away from bottled nutrients and PH balancers because when you shouldn't let it come in contact with skin or inhale vapors it seems like I sure wouldn't want to smoke it.

Comment

Awesome crucialbunny! I was looking at worms too. Some say just throw a hand full in you pot! They will aerate it and fertilize it. I would develop my own soil and compost but I live in an appt. complex. So I'm stuck to off the shelf organics. Terp Tea Bloom has been doing me proper. It's a powder. I'm highly pleased with the results at such a low dose. I water feed it. I put 1/2 tsp in a gallon water jug and shake it every couple hours. Then just before I water them, I'll shake them for couple minutes then water. Never had an issue with ph with my setup and choice of grow media. The soil handles that for me.

Comment

• Jimmynuetron
                  Jimmynuetron commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I put in a call to my local (90km) garden supply and he mentioned the terp tea bloom. Next trip. I also get my cal by frying egg shells and put in vinegar. 1 tsp. per quart. and make my organic tea for budding using poppy plants, cannabis leaves for veg.

• crucialbunny
                  crucialbunny commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm a SoCal urban gardener and do everything on my two balconies in containers. Veggies on the 2nd floor balcony and weed on the 3rd floor. Its been a real learning curve getting things ironed out to work smoothly. Needed to install a retractable awning for the really hot days, raised white 30 gallon grow bags to keep my soil from baking, and finally a PVC & mosquito net screen-house to keep the moths at bay. The worm bins I keep in the shade under the potting tables. All my neighbors are aware of what's going on up on the 3rd floor but I've never had a complaint. I don't have any worries of theft because someone would need a hook & ladder truck to get up there and even if they did they would have to contend with my rather large territorial Chowchow. I do some indoor growing but that's typically in the winter and on a much smaller scale.

I comend you on growing all organic
                Last edited by Mollisol; 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM.
                SF 35X47X70 tent
                SF1000 X4
                AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
                AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
                FFOF Soil
                FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
                GH Flora Series
                3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
                Gelato Cake
                Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

I used to grow pretty much all organic outdoors. I really loved it. I produced great to shit weed. That's outdoors for you.

I'm now indoors using nutes in coco.

I am yet to be able to determine the difference in bud quality as I am yet to dry it like I used to when I grew organically. Bud quality is consistently better indoors but is that because of the nutes? I doubt it.

I don't flush at the end of the grow. Thats way too bro science for me. What you inhale or ingest is likely identical regardless of growing method but I am yet to produce the flavour I got outdoors. That could be a number of factors not related to organic or liquid nutes but I'll have a better idea on that after a few more grows of my seeds.

I have for a long time suspected that like a fine bottle of wine coveys to the drinkers tongue the characteristics of the soil it is grown in, maybe weed just does the same? I'm not sure about that but it sounds good.
                  Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
                  Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
                  Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
                  Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
                  Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
                  Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
                  Last Grow: A mix

Comment

I'm setting up my first organic soil using the following... Coco coir (1 part), Perlite (1 part), Vermiculite (1 part), Organic compost from store(1-1/2 part)

Bat guano, Kelp meal, Alfalfa meal, Dolomite lime, Mycorrhizal powder (Psycho Myco), Barley Malt ... I hope it works OK. I'm currently turning it and letting it 'cook'. I like the idea of only having to water through the entire growing cycle.

Comment

I have always grown in soil organicly with my own compost and worm castings and its still my preferred method. Recently I have been giving coco with bottled nutes a try just so I know I can but I find it kind of a pain in the ass compared to organic. Soil organic growing is what I know and love and will probably always be my favorite method although I'm thinking of trying a full hydro grow just for the experience. Love this hobby, always something new to learn.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X