Struggles with seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAY 32 UPDATE! (day 32 from sprout day)

These little girls seem to be doing well in full veg. Again - Both are 24K autos. Girl in the back seems to be moving along a little slower than the front one. Started some LST a few days ago as the front plant is shooting straight up and I don't want to run out of room in the tent during flower.

Temp: Steady 77-80F
    Humid: 45-50%

Removed my old humidifer that seemed to have a problem with humidity sensor and couldn't hold correct humidity. I've acquired an AC Infinity T3 humidifier, but have not needed to use humidity help since they've begun veg and natural humidity has been fine. Will set it up on my next grow or when needed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.65 MB ID:	616504
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.65 MB ID:	616505

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	616506

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Boy that is a little footprint of a tent. They look pretty darn good. Now don't be surprised if you see the roots come up from soil alittle cause of the main stalk LST this happens alot for me especially with photos cause they are strong plants and pull on the restraints so you can if you want to put more soil on top of them. Do not worry if it does. Your doing real good with your babies who will soon be flowering.

Time for another update!

Day 36-37 - We have one plant transitioning! I swear these are the same strain seeds, but they look completely different! (24K Gold autos)

I'm seeing a little bit of yellowing on the leaves. I read that as copper deficiency on GWE. I've been militant on PH so I'm totally sure what might be the issue. Not all leaves are yellowing, but you can see yourself and weigh in. Maybe it's a strain specific thing as part of flowering. Not sure.Otherwise, still looks healthy to me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	97
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	617228

Views:	99
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	617229​​

Views:	104
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	617227

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Use a foliar spray for quick recovery.

What are you using to measure pH?

• noties
      noties commented
      Editing a comment
      Just using simple cheap pH pen like the ones linked on GWE.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Those pens are crap. Get an Apera or a Blulabs

DAY 56 UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! (DAY 56 from sprout)

Both plants floiwering quite well....

Lessons learned: This tent is too small for two autos. (2x2x4 tent). Two photo-periods might be fine as long as flowering initiation is controlled. I took separate photos of the plants in the tent so you can't tell how squeezed in they are.

Thoughts: I swear these two plants are the same strain, but they do not look anything alike as far as growth. One is stalky and tall and the other shorter, fuller and fatter. Seeds came from the same packet and same seller.
    Generally, all of the colas are starting to fill out and look good. Still have a ways to go before harvest.

Concern: Shorter plant has some bright orange spots developed on two of the top colas. I was thinking it might be related to ppfd being too high (it was well over 1000). I backed it down to under 900 ppfd. Eveything else looks fine on other colas.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	618879
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	618880
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.20 MB ID:	618881
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	618882
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.50 MB ID:	618883
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.45 MB ID:	618884

​​

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Your rust spot are related to the light, the medium and a nute deficiency of calcium.. Also VPD can contribute also.

Strong LED's tend to bring that out, especially in coco. Looks ugly, and seems to effect the fastest growing plant first.

Edit. Yours are also very high in N, indicated by the very dark green growth. Same problem as my 4 autos. With the nutes you are using do not use a calmag suppliment composed of nitrates. It adds too much N and reduces flowering yield and I haven't checked yet but I suspect is related to the Cal deficiency.
      Last edited by Bluey; 04-06-2024, 10:10 PM.

Thanks for the feedback, Bluey. I'm using the GH Flora Trio for normal nute feeding (Micro, Gro, Bloom) as well as GH Cali Magic. I'm curious if I should change the amount or the brand of CaliMagic? or eliminate it completely?

I forgot to mention my other enviros...
    Humidity range: 45% - 60%
    Temp range: 75F - 80F
    not really monitoring VPD as it's a tiny tent and wildly fluctuates.
    PPFD was over 1000, but is now under 900 (for the top colas)

The range will depends on the weather here. I don't have a sophisticated setup. The tent is in my spare office and typically gets good airflow. I'm in Southern California.

Views:	52
Size:	788.5 KB
ID:	618923

Comment

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      If you haven't already, you may want to look into using DLI as your light duration measurement.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Use DLI. You will find most auto plants cannot take more than 40 to 45 DLI but that is at their peak. You will adjust up throughout the grow then taper off a bit at the end of the grow so as to minimise stress and give your buds the best care, best not to stress them with light at that stage.

Your first grow you will find there is a lot to manage and plan and mistakes will be made but you'll learn heaps and grow some wicked dope.

• noties
      noties commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Bluey and Rootsruler. I'll take a look at DLI.

Oh. Forgot to mention, most Cal deficiencies are caused by too low pH in the coco so raise your pH a bit if you are still in range.
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

So.... are dehumidifiers worthy? I'm teetering on 60-62% RH daily over certain times and with such a small tent, it's tough to control with tight space and plants dwarfing the space. I'm just wondering if I should invest in dehumid to bring the RH down.. or if I should be worried about it. There's plenty of air movement and intake of clean air, but I think with that much plant in such a small space, it's difficult to bring down RH.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Your plants will be the largest and drinking the most when you most need to keep RH down..they will be putting lots of moisture into the air. Just be mindful of that moving forwards.

• noties
        noties commented
        Editing a comment
        My RH never gets higher than 60-62%. Even if I really do nothing or don't have fans pulling in air. My normal RH in the grow room is between 40-50%. Whenever I have more fans on pulling in air to reduce RH in the tent, the temp also tends to drop.. sometimes into low 70s. Avg temp in the tent now is around 75.

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        I would set my T3 to 55% and let her do her thing monitoring the tent. If it goes higher it'll do nothing. If it falls below it'll top off the tent enviro so that your plants stay in that zone. I would also try and raise the temp in the tent to around 80°. I find this tends to keep leaf temperature at around 77° - 78° which is where you want them for most efficient photosynthesis and will lower the RH in the tent down into the range you want.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X