No announcement yet.

Is more than 12 hours in 0.5% H²O² ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Is more than 12 hours in 0.5% H²O² ok?

As per topic.

Thanks
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

I can't hold my breath that long.
    What are you talking about?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Seed germination...sorry.

Shouldn't be a problem. When I towel sprouted, I always added a few drops of 3%.
    Some folk'll tell you you are killing beneficial things the seed has and needs to get going. Never had an issue.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been reading about it, mostly trials and research conducted at reputable universities. It appears 0.5% to no more than 1% is the go. Lots of benefits. It can also be used to water seedlings and as a foliar spray Many benefits but most beneficial for old old seeds and I will need it for that next grow.
      Seeds are in paper towel now. They all look promising.

Using H2O2 is killing beneficial bacteria that the seed has around its husk. When I pop seeds I use a vertical germinator with a paper towel inside wet down with distilled water. The towel I use is the cheapest I can find so that the young roots can easily push through it. When I transplant I also transplant part of the towel the young roots have grown into because the early tap root will excrete certain chemicals as it would in soil to create the hospitable environment it likes and to begin feeding the bacterial colony it want's in it's rhizosphere.

I'm currently propagating clones from a mother but on my next seed pop I'm going to expose the seeds to Ethelyne gas. New studies have shown exposing seeds to ethelyne gas will result in hardier plants tha resist stress better and have more vigorous growth. Because I don't have a laboratory setup to do this in I can take banana peels and stick them in a plastic bag with the seeds and expose them that way. Banana peels get changed every 3 or 4 days and exposure lasts 14 days.

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      So is more than 12hrs okay?

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      Read below ▼▼▼

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cover.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	529.9 KB
ID:	612424 Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	459.1 KB ID:	612420 Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	521.1 KB ID:	612423 Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	467.4 KB ID:	612421 Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	472.1 KB ID:	612422

Love this book! I'm not an organic gardener but it has a lot of useful info as to what happens in the rhizo.

Comment

So the author is saying no hydrogen peroxide at all during germination, zero, zilch, nada? Is it no H2O2 during germination in general or is it soil specific? It appears I need to know a little bit to add to the nothing at all I know about how cannabis plants use bacteria and the rhizophagy cycle.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

I grow in coco.

Additionally, given the prevalence of the latent hop viroid in NW US, where half the seeds came from, I think it prudent to H²O² the seeds and keep it out of my neighbourhood as best I can also.
        Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
        Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
        Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
        Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          I've always used about 4-5 drops of 3% h2o2 in the shot glass of water to soak them. Then use that water to wet the paper towel to pop them. Seems to work pretty well. Can't remember a seed that didn't have a tail in a day or two.

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          All my 8 seem to be going well.

I used 15ml of 6% in 180mm rainwater.. I soaked for about 16hrs..they floated all the way through. I didn't think to use the mix in the papertowel.

Just tuning the lighting and environment for optimum efficiency. Should be going in coco in a few days I think.

Originally posted by golfnrl View Post
        So the author is saying no hydrogen peroxide at all during germination, zero, zilch, nada? Is it no H2O2 during germination in general or is it soil specific? It appears I need to know a little bit to add to the nothing at all I know about how cannabis plants use bacteria and the rhizophagy cycle.
        He's saying using H2O2 kills off beneficial bacteria the seed husk uses when it falls to the ground to establish the conditions it wants to see in the soil.

I guess my thinking is if you are an organic farmer why would you begin your grow with chemicals? The whole point to organic farming is to introduce nutrient ions that are naturally derived rather than chemically derived. The plant can't tell where the ion came from either way. The engine that drives that are the roots of the plant. If you know anything about cars the analogy would be roots with poor fungal and bacterial colonies are like a normal engine, it'll run but nothing to write home about, but having a robust fungal and bacterial colony is like adding a supercharger to that engine. If your goal is to win the race which engine do you want under your hood?
        Last edited by Rootsruler; 01-22-2024, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• golfnrl
          golfnrl commented
          Editing a comment
          I used to know a little about cars and work on my own...not so much anymore but I do get the analogy, makes sense. I see your point about being organic. I ran across this germination method the other day that says use 2/3 H2O to 1/3 H2O2 soak seeds overnight. At the same time fill a tall glass with distilled water, 1/2 teaspoon of organic sugar and a handful of pinto beans, soak overnight. Discard the pinto beans and add the seeds to that solution and soak for 24 hours.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Well i'm gonna continue to use it until China takes pollution seriosly

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X