Light Spectrum effects at different growth stages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Spectrum effects at different growth stages

A little pre- info. I have a 275w double chip Blurple and a 275w white light LED.

Something I've noticed after these last few grows is that the plants seem to bulk up faster under the blurple after week 6. I know that blurples lack any green spectrum so I'm wondering if reducing or removing green after week 6 is beneficial for bulking up flower? I'd also like to understand the biological mechanics behind WHY this happens.

Interesting, maybe a controlled side ×side experiment to test the theory? I've seen targeted spectrum LED supplemental lights in the UV range that claim to increase yields and potency advertised. From what I've read the science seems sound. Anybody have any experience with UV supplemental lighting?

Comment

I've used 405nm 13W globes to help throw down roots.

I don't use them any more.

The science around spectrum on plants at different stages is still very much in its infancy and results are varying....so more questions than answers there.

I do suppliment my full spectrum quantum boards with a mix of 660nm & 730nm reds as the Spider Farmer quantums are not that strong in the red department.

I'm currently of the view that full spectrum is the way to go from start to finish..perhaps a dark period prior to harvest.

I am not certain on anything else.

I think plants may adapt by producing varying quantities and types of chlorophyll depending on a whole range of factors that are present at different stages of its life so certainty re spectrum is difficult to nail. I also think that genetics play a role and that spectrum plays a role in how genetics evolve.
      Last edited by Bluey; 01-14-2024, 09:12 PM.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X