Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First grow with no setup and seems to be doing well. Can I make it successful? Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow with no setup and seems to be doing well. Can I make it successful? Tips?

I know this has very little chance of succeeding considering I don’t really have a setup and I haven’t put honestly any thought into this grow at all but it seems to be doing pretty well! Only issue is it seems the base of the stem is very skinny compared to the rest of the plant. Any tips. Also do I need to transfer or could I just end up with a really small plant in that cup.

I'd say read all the info on this website. It's got loads. Transplant to a gallon container and put the plant in a large box with the light. It needs 18 hours of light and 6 of no light. Go from there with a little reading to see what the next step should be.

Comment

It needs heaps more light. It's growing tall reaching for the light...it won't stop till it hits the light..even if 10ft tall.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Are you serious? That's a real question. When folks like you ask for " tips " on the type of set up you got makes me laugh. That's all the " tips " i got don't care if you don't like my comment i'm sure they'll correct me for being insensitive to your " feelings " but i take growing serious and want my plants to grow healthy smokeable medicine. Come on man
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• ABgrowin
          ABgrowin commented
          Editing a comment
          What’s wrong with dipping my toes in the water before deciding to invest in something I may not even enjoy. I have enjoyed it so far and you have been my only negative experience. You’re the issue here and a douche, I’m just tryna learn.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Prove it

Start with investing in a good grow light. You won't harvest anything worth smoking with that light.

Comment

"this has very little chance of succeeding..." .

You need to decide if you are going to do this for real or just grow house plants. Not that there is anything wrong with house plants, just don't expect to harvest big sticky buds from them.
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

It does,t take a lot of money to get started, When I was in school in the 60's we learned how to READ. If you read what is available and learn from it, you can start slow and move up. I started my 1st indoor grow last yr. with 1 cheap light in a spare room. Sure I had problems, but I kept reading and asked for help to verify my solutions for problems. After 7 months I'm just about ready to harvest my last plant. #4. So far I've gotten about 4 oz's. This spring I'm moving into a small hot house to eliminate in house growing problems.It's a learning process, If you have problems, read first, It makes growing fun.................I'm still a low budget grower. 3 decent lights and no tent with all its costs.

Comment

• ABgrowin
              ABgrowin commented
              Editing a comment
              I do know how to read and have done a lot of research. Just wanted some personalized feedback. Thank you for your feedback

• shadycon
              shadycon commented
              Editing a comment
              You are welcome. So far I'm staying away from tents and all that goes with them. I'm just an old fashion/old fart.....

Heres my tip, you see that green bar at the top of this and every page, click on the links it contains and read read read! Also dont overlook the main page of this site (also in those links), and again, read read read!
            As already stated the light in your pic will not get you anywhere, it has stretched looking for more light, needs more soil and planted deeper, but without a sufficient light its a waist of time and seed.

Comment

Hey bud. If your looking for the least expensive route. Consider using CFLs. GWE has articles and a tutorial.

As everyone stated above. That light will never work. It just simply does not have the power.

Actually, I got to thinking. You can probably pick up a 100 watt LED quantum board grow light for not much more than what the CFLs and reflectors will end up costing you. And it would make growing simpler and with better results.

The last time I bought CFLs I had to order them. I couldn't find the high wattage or color temperature i wanted in the local stores. And they weren't cheap.
              Last edited by Mollisol; 01-12-2024, 12:54 AM.
              SF 35X47X70 tent
              SF1000 X4
              AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
              AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
              FFOF Soil
              FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
              GH Flora Series
              3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
              Gelato Cake
              Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

Before we can answer that, what do you mean by successful? Can you grow a plant? Yes. Can you get a decent harvest from that plant? No. But good luck with it.
                Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                Canna Coco/perlite
                General Hydroponics Flora Series
                Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
                Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
                Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

• Mollisol
                  Mollisol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  About the least expensive you will find. No dimmer option. But you can make height adjustments easy enough. Google the Spider Farmer 1000D.

I like the dimmer option. But that's just me.

It's a nice option to have in a pinch.

That's some of the worst stretching I've seen. Even using CFL's way back my plants didn't stretch like that. Crazy....

Comment

ABgrowin

Please don't take offense to some of the comments. They are made with the passion that many have for growing on this site.

I guess the takeaway from all this is the setup you have now will yield you a spindly, sparse plant. Cannabis is a light whore so you need lots of photon density for it to grow usable flower. If keeping a cannabis plant alive is your goal then I would say give it a stronger light and continue on. If your goal is to grow actual flowers then you will need to setup the conditions that will get you there. Your current conditions will not.

My suggestion would be for you to take this experience and build on it. You planted a seed in dirt and it grew. Once it sprouted you started to get the same passion most of us have for growing. There are many ways to skin a cat and growing is no different. You'll get lots of different answers to questions you have and the only right answer is the one that works in the setup that works for you.

If you decide to continue cultivating, use this experience as a stepping stone. I suggest you buy a 2 x 2 grow tent, a 4" exhaust fan and a 6" fan to circulate air inside the tent as your next step. Oscillating fan would be even better. This setup shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred at most.

There are many different grow medias to choose from. Some easy. Some not so easy. My suggestion would be to start in soil/potting mix and once you've mastered it you can move on to coco coir. Once you've mastered that you can move into aqua culture if you want to really see what plant performance looks like.

In any case, don't set yourself up for failure. Decide what your goals are and execute. The comments on here come from hard earned experience so watching someone else do the same thing can be frustrating to watch.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X