Clear All

02/07/2024

Temp - 79°
    Humidity - 57%
    DLI - 46
    Leaf Temp - 78°
    Leaf VPD - 1.35 kPa
    Air VPD - 1.45 kPa

Water intake is increasing. I was feeding every 4 days. Now, if I go past 3 days, I get leaf droop.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	02072024.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	4.35 MB
ID:	613774

Comment

I see some color fade around the edges, genetics?

Comment

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty much. The lighting doesn't lend itself to taking true color pictures. They're much greener than the photo shows. They're lime colored genetically and require full strength cal/mag throughout. I would also go with underdeveloped root structure being one of the contributing factors but so far it seems like they're ok. Some of the outer leaves are starting to show signs of senescence but I guess we'll find out as it progresses.

Bit of nute deficiency on all there it appears. Lack of root development? Too many in the one pot? Stoned gardener?

I must admit my smoking habits are not assisting my grow skills.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsruler View Post
        01/30/20

I started full strength Cal/Mag a little too late so I think I may bump it up for a feed or two to full strength plus a 1/4.
        ​​​​​​Full strength = about 5 ml per gallon?

I'm curious what the pH of Cali-Magic is in plain water, assuming you mix it first. Cali-Magic (and the bush doctor Cal-mag I have) uses calcium carbonate instead of calcium nitrate, making it 1-0-0 with similar calcium levels. The Botanicare Cal-Mag+ is 2-0-0, pH is about 6.8-7.0 in dH20.

Great grow as always. You're about 12 days ahead of me.

Comment

• Rootsruler
          Rootsruler commented
          Editing a comment
          I use Cali Magic. 1 ml per liter or a teaspoon per gallon is what GH recommends.
          Last edited by Rootsruler; 02-08-2024, 02:46 PM.

02/17/2024

Temp - 77°
        Humidity - 55%
        DLI - 46
        Leaf Temp - 74°
        Leaf VPD - 1.12 kPa
        Air VPD - 1.43 kPa

Not much to report. Just watering and monitoring.

I've determined that, yes, I was able to get all 3 cultivars in the pot. Bigfoot Glue, Florida Strawberry and MoonGlow.

The BFG is bottom left of the pic. FS is bottom right and MoonGlow is the rest.​

Name:	02172024.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	3.82 MB
ID:	614587

Comment

Solid buds going now. Got Arms reaching out.

Comment

• Rootsruler
            Rootsruler commented
            Editing a comment
            The BFG is weird. The flowers stay popcorn sized deep into flower then just blow up.

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you think that may be related to such little stretch?
            Or light penetration?

• Rootsruler
            Rootsruler commented
            Editing a comment
            No. It's either the genetics or me although I grew them in a different environment this time but they still exhibit the same traits so I'm going with genetics.

02/23/2024

Temp - 80°
          Humidity - 55%
          DLI - 46
          Leaf Temp - 77°
          Leaf VPD - 1.24 kPa
          Air VPD - 1.57 kPa

Tent's on auto for the most part other than feeding them every 2 - 3 days.

Click image for larger version  Name:	02232024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.59 MB ID:	615141

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Frosting up beautifully

Nice setup Rootsruler I have a 2x2x5 Im setting up for 18hrs, veg,seedling and 1 Auto. Are you using a AC infinity controller ?

Comment

• Rootsruler
            Rootsruler commented
            Editing a comment
            No controller. Thankfully, the tents are in the lung room with the 5 x 5 so the lung room environmentals allowed me to manually dial the tent in. A controller would be nice but, in my situation, I've found it not necessary.

If I decide to upgrade the ACI C67 I have now to their WiFi C69 I may use the C67 for the two 2 x 2's I have as mother and tester tents.

• dirtymike
            dirtymike commented
            Editing a comment
            Just popped for the new humidifier and fan From ACI. The C67 looks like a good one to use without wifi.

• Rootsruler
            Rootsruler commented
            Editing a comment
            You'll like both. I read that the new version of their fan uses carbon steel gears on their oscillators rather than plastic. I have the T3 humi and I love it.

I just read this thread, sorry I’m late to the party! Very cool grow, thanks for sharing! I love the Darwin approach.

Comment

• Rootsruler
            Rootsruler commented
            Editing a comment
            No worries my Brother! Glad you stopped in and took a peek!!!

03/14/2024

Temp - 80°
          Humidity - 52%
          DLI - 39
          Leaf Temp - 77°
          Leaf VPD - 1.22 kPa
          Air VPD - 1.55 kPa

It's been around 3 weeks since I posted an update. Mostly because I forgot about the plants and missed a few feedings. I guess I was starving them because when I peaked into the tent they had sucked the food out of the leaves that I wasn't giving them. I removed the dead leaves, did a deep watering with some fresh nutrient and reduced the light to give the plants a chance to get back into their rhythm.

They started to come back a few days ago so hopefully I didn't stunt them too badly.​

Name:	03142024.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	4.61 MB
ID:	617139

Comment

• Mollisol
            Mollisol commented
            Editing a comment
            They look good to me

04/13/2024

Temp - 77°
          Humidity - 55%
          DLI - 29
          Leaf Temp - 76°
          Leaf VPD - 1.11 kPa
          Air VPD - 1.24 kPa

Been a month and the flowers have all swelled up. I think I killed the Bigfoot Glue. I'll cut them down in a week or so.

Name:	04132024.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	4.30 MB
ID:	619549

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            Some of those flowers that are still alive appear to be foxtailing. You appear to have many aborted flowers. They won't advance except for mould I'm guessing. You going to harvest them now?

• Rootsruler
            Rootsruler commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, prob ably. Maybe give them another week but pretty soon.

I'd take that bouquet anyway. Nice job. I just stuffed a few random cuttings in solo cups. Going to see if they grow outdoors like that this summer. You inspired me. It's been a week or so and they seem to be taking. The leaves are looking good.

Comment

• Rootsruler
            Rootsruler commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! Can't say I've ever been an inspiration for anyone!!! LOL!

04/16/2024

Chop Day

Name:	04162024 Harvest Day.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	3.32 MB
ID:	619846

Bigfoot Glue

Name:	04162024 BFG.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	619848

Florida Strawberry

Name:	04162024 FS.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	3.80 MB
ID:	619849

MoonGlow

Name:	04162024 MoonGlow.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	3.66 MB
ID:	619847

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X