What can you do in Legal States?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can you do in Legal States?

My questions about those state go like this: Can I buy seeds or clones in those states? Do I have to be a resident? Quantities of stash or amount of plants your are able to grow at one time?

Example I know Massachusetts pass laws (also extended stores opening in the future) that you can grow like 6 plants and possess like 10 ounces at home, (if signed by the Gov.)

So where do you get the seeds or clones to start your grow, will they be available at local shops? Is that the way it is in other states?

Just wondering.

Hey caveman, from Oregon here. Rec users can grow 4 flowering plants and med 6. Unlimited number of veggers. And seeds are available sometimes in dispensaries, clones seem more common. But WA who passed the laws 2 years before us allowed only recently rec users to grow too. So what other states will do is hard to predict especially now with the hater in chief...
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Thanks for the reply Lucky Acres,

Time will tell with the hater in chief.... I was just wondering mostly about seeds and clones. In reading the posts here, it seems like everyone still orders seeds from out of the country, I think today I read that someone's package got seized.

It seems like it would be so much easier to take run to a state, like a vacation trip, to pick up some clones or seeds rather than going through all the mail stuff?

The other thing is, I can't remember hearing (on this site anyway) about people buying seed locally, it's always about going out of the country and mail order seeds from Seed Banks, but no names of Seed Banks in US.

Comment

• desertdan
        desertdan commented
        Editing a comment
        I would like to vacation in any of the legal states. First one that sells seeds gets my vacation business.

• LuckyAcres
        LuckyAcres commented
        Editing a comment
        Forgot to mention only medical patients can buy seeds and clones, but everyone's got a friend who is it seems like! Seed banks would risk too much shipping across state lines, much easier for Feds to enforce i think. But yeah come on up and we'll go shopping!😅😎

If I'm not mistaken, and CA residents please correct, CA's new law allows 6 plants but only one ounce. I don't understand how you can grow 6 plants but only posses 1 ounce...
      DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
      315 LEC
      6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
      6" Carbon filter
      3- 6" fans
      humidifier
      temp and humidity gauge
      5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
      FF trio nutrients

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        You can grow 6 plants and walk around with up to one ounce meaning outside your house you can have up to one ounce. Now a plant can give you up to one pound maybe more I'm not sure so if you grow 6 plants and they all yield one pound each you can have that in your house you just can't go out and party with 6 pounds lol but you can go out and party with 1 ounce. That's what I understand..

I know there are so many different rules and regulations for each state, like LuckyAcres say for medical patients in Oregon, but what about the legal recreational states? Curious about those rules?

Like desertdan says above, " First one that sells seeds gets my vacation business."

Comment

For now in Massachusetts anyone can grow up to 6 plants per person, 12 per household. Possess 10 oz at home and 1 oz outside home. You can give away up to an ounce but cannot advertise or promote it. Retail stores have been delayed for at least another 6 months, but I suspect some will sell seeds and clones (although that can only hurt their retail business.) I ordered seeds from Nirvana and had no problems. If you find yourself in Massachusetts let me know. I might have a clone or two I could part with depending on the grow cycle.

Comment

• PuravidaC
          PuravidaC commented
          Editing a comment
          Now that sounds more reasonable.

Thanks for the info Newf, I think Mass is going to be the closest recreational state to me, so I will definitely be keeping an eye on what goes on there, and perhaps someday we will meet, sit down, and smoke a big fatty, lol.

Comment

yamiac, i had the same question except about edibles....i have some friends who already vacationed in colorado forever ago bc of skiing. pretty sure they stock up on edibles before they leave but that's only when they are driving. i think if they are flying and if it gets noticed by security, it gets confiscated. again this is for edibles only so far as this one example goes

anyone know? and what about other non-plant conduits, like tinctures?
          "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

For Mass it is 5 gm of marijuana concentrate in terms of possession outside the home. "except that not more than 5 grams of marijuana may be in the form of marijuana concentrate"
            I don't think they differentiate between tinctures and concentrates. " For the purposes of this section, “marijuana concentrate” shall mean the resin extracted from any part of the plant of the genus Cannabis and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture or preparation of that resin but shall not include the weight of any other ingredient combined with marijuana to prepare marijuana products." As far as edibles, then, they would have to figure out if there is more than 1 oz of flower or 5 gm of concentrate mixed in with the other ingredients.

Comment

• bobsakamoto
              bobsakamoto commented
              Editing a comment
              thank you , newf!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X