Grow room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow room

I've grown decades ago outside but never under lights. I am making a 2x4x6 room. Should I put an intake fan at the bottom as well as an exhaust at the top? Thanks in advance and any other tips will be greatly appreciated

You can't build one for the price and efficiently of models on the market. Spend your time researching in the forums on this website take their ideas and meld them into yours. There is a wealth of information here and be sure to thank them.

Comment

• DOB13
      DOB13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate everything from everyone on here. I have all the materials except for mylar. I'm just gonna build ,try it and see what happens

Have little experience building tents or small rooms but to my understanding only the exhaust fan will be enough. A passive air intake will let enough air thru maintaining a negative air pressure. If you are using hid, lec or mh remember to put the fan blowing thru the air fixture and not sucking from it. This way any leaks will let clean air into the room and not suck smelly air outside

Comment

• DOB13
      DOB13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

I agree with Neil71​. It is almost impossible to build a room for what a tent will cost. If you do so, put the air intake on the opposite end of the tent from the exhaust for better flow
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• DOB13
      DOB13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Yeah I was going to put the one with the filter going out at the top and the other at the opposite bottom end

I built a room sometime ago. About 70ft² and 7'6" high.
    I've mostly changed how I light it, plant layout and drainage. I don't vent the room but have sealed it and run an AC and dehumidifier. This allows for a pretty tight environment although I do get humidity swings but they don't cause any issues if the average is where I need it to be.
    Managing heat is normally the tough bit
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• DOB13
      DOB13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. Gonna be a learning experience for me

Buy an already designed tent. It has all the necessary design built in for you to outfit it with whatever intake/exhaust fans you need along with vent flaps for added intake air.

My suggestion would be to buy this kit from AC Infinity.

Advance Grow Tent System 2x4, 2-Plant Kit, WiFi-Integrated Controls to Automate Ventilation, Circulation, Full Spectrum LED Grow Light - AC Infinity

This kit will come with pretty much everything you'll need to get you going. Depending on where you setup the tent you may want to look into picking up one of their humidifiers. I have the T3 model and love it.

Comment

• DOB13
      DOB13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the suggestion. I took your advice for lights and got two of the vs 1500.im pretty good at making things and have most of what i need.Going to start it and check the humidity and if I have to get something to adjust it ,I will

• Trying2Learn
      Trying2Learn commented
      Editing a comment
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPwD6K__MrQ Here is a comparison video on Youtube for both cheap and expensive brands.

Originally posted by DOB13 View Post
    I've grown decades ago outside but never under lights. I am making a 2x4x6 room. Should I put an intake fan at the bottom as well as an exhaust at the top? Thanks in advance and any other tips will be greatly appreciated
    i will try to answer what I can but more information is required.

Will be the room be sealed, that is to say it has a ceiling four walls and a door?

Those conditions matter when trying to determine proper veneration.

Comment

• DOB13
      DOB13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi and thanks in advance. It will have 4walls , ceiling and floor . Walls will be lined with mylar. Not really sure how tightly it will be sealed though. Probably fairly tightly

Sounds like your on the right track. If you got a room that is 2'x4'x6' with a door (Locked) your search for a tent is over. Now for some air circulation and exchange and a light and your off. Been growing in closets for two years now. Temperature, humidity and air exchange are key components.

Comment

• dirtymike
      dirtymike commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep trucking, this is a lifted place. Plenty of information written down and there for the reading. science is your friend.

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      If the space is already built then, as dirtymike said, you can outfit it with exhaust. I would hold off on the intake fan until you know if the exhaust fan can pull enough air into the space without the assistance of an intake fan.

• DOB13
      DOB13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Here is my thinking. I got a dehumidifier in the basement and it keeps the air about 50%. Sounds like that is in the ballpark as where it should be. That's why I was thinking of one fan sucking that air in and one exhaust. Kinda hoping that it will keep the humidity about right. I got a couple of vs 1500 lights, nutrients,ph stuff. Think all I need is some kind of growing medium. Thinking of cocoloco. Am I kinda thinking right about my plan?TIA

Your heading in general direction. Educate yourself on sativa and indica and the strain you are planning to cultivate and mimic what environment it will excell in. Choose a easy strain at first. Everything I learned for indoor grow was on GWE website, even the strain for beginners like me.

Comment

Originally posted by DOB13 View Post
      By the way if you install ventilation to the outdoors make sure it is screened with a fine mesh, ordinary screen material is not suitable as white flies can pass through it, we use standard aluminum screen frames with high count stainless steel mesh which can be found online.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        White fly are easy managed with soapy water spray on the leaves...a few treatments and they are gone even if covered. I've had white fly prolific but as long as you treat it no problem.

I would add that if you have the space go taller than 6 feet.
      I think many of us have height issues at some point.
      Yes you can learn to grow shorter for sure with different techniques(Nebula has many excellent grows in small tents), but it also nice to have the option especially when learning
      Todays powerful LEDs often require 20-24” from the canopy.
      work backward.
      Depending on what’s in your tent you might need 12+” at the top for lights etc. I would leave 30” in distance to canopy to be safe. Good size pots will be 12-16” high, pot risers for air if in fabric pots maybe 3-4” leaves room for only 1’ plants.
      KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
      Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
      Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
      Maybe some compost teas
      Blumat watering system
      Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
      3x4x6’ tent
      Photontek 465wpro
      6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
      Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X