Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overwatering?

Hi all

It's about week 8 for these plants. I was feeding them once per week w/nutes. 450W Led's "30 above canopy at %70 light strength. The temps are 26-30C, %65 humidity on average

Its probably overwatering...if so what can I do from here? Just leave it and pray they recover?

Thanks

Comment

Another suggestion (I have my tent closed up at all times in a pretty musty shed, few windows open) if the plants aren't getting enough fresh air and too much carbon dioxide would that also be the reason my plants dropping like this?

Comment

Looks like it could be your light is too close or they are thirsty. What method do you use to determine if they need to be watered? Looks like your medium is coco/perlite? Indica dominant strain? What humidity and temperature are you growing at?

Comment

• Simondavies
          Simondavies commented
          Editing a comment
          I feed half em yesterday with straight purified water to test if they would come back up ( I only mist sprayed a little bit) now they sagged worse than before. With determining if they need water, I only feed them once a week as they were healthy as, I was hearing you don't want to leave soil to dry for too long, and it was working for 4 weeks no issues. Yeah the soil is canna terra professional Coco/perlite %85 organic. Humidity on average was %65. Temps are ranging 26-30c. I'm not entirely sure what strain I think it's Bcl XXL critical, or something like that

Well they sure look dry now. Do they perk up after lights come on do they seem to reach for the light leaves turn upward? How often and how much water do you give them? Are you wetting the whole pot slowly getting the edges wet? Is there any fan blowing on them?
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Simondavies
          Simondavies commented
          Editing a comment
          No for the past week or two they have slowly started to droop. I feed them once a week and use a 2 litre spray bottle to feed them ( I probably only use 1-1.5 litre spread out to ten plants). I spray all around the top soil, trying to cover all the soil. Yes I got one fan on rotation at all times

• Simondavies
          Simondavies commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you mean I should spray the pot on the outside covering the sides? Or am I doing correctly?

Yeah I'm at a loss. It's annoying how one site says leave ur lights "24-30 above canopy at %80-100 then another saying it's better for led to be "36-48 at %60-80..I think I'll raise it to "40 above and have it at %60...idk...where it sits currently, no leaves are curling upwards or any signs of burnt leaves expect to very bottom leaves

Comment

• Cougar672
          Cougar672 commented
          Editing a comment
          Appropriate distance from light to canopy varies by light. Follow the manufacturer's recommendation for light height, then watch your plants and adjust from there.

Get one of these.
        Last edited by kingfish; 11-25-2023, 12:23 PM.

Comment

They are thirsty. You need to water the soil area evenly until you get water runoff out of the bottom of your bags. Its best if they have some air gap between the bag and whatever catches your runoff if possible.

Comment

• Simondavies
            Simondavies commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok but I watered half of them yesterday with good water and today looked more droopy than before?

• Simondavies
            Simondavies commented
            Editing a comment
            I feed them as normal last Friday, they weren't picking up and feed them a little bit again two days later. Left it until yesterday where I feed them tiny bit (no Nutrient clean water this time).

30⁰C is a bit hot at that stage. Aim for 25 if you can with lights on and about 3⁰C lower of a night. In soil watering once a week at that stage should be fine but if it's a bit hot twice.

They will pick up. I suspect your roots are too hot. Not nute wise, temp wise.
          Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
          Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
          Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
          Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
          Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• Simondavies
            Simondavies commented
            Editing a comment
            Alright thanks

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            You might have to water more in air pots.

I think small soil grows in airpots could be challenging.

Everything seems ok from what you mentioned other than temp seems a little high. Coco/Perlite media will dry back faster than regular soil potting mix unless your mix also has some peat but from what I'm seeing in the picture it looks like pure coco and perlite.

Especially with coco/perlite use the light pot method to know when to water. Here is what I would do. Turn down or raise your light and back off the amount of light intensity you are giving the plant. If you don't have a light meter app on your phone I suggest you download one. They're free. I have an android phone so I use Tent Buddy but there are ones for Iphone also. Stick your finger in the media all the way down to your second knuckle. If the soil feels dry, remove your finger and pick up the pot. The pot should feel fairly light. Remember this feeling. This will be your signal to water.
          Water the entire media making sure all the media in the pot is wet and not just around the root ball. When the root ball sucks up the water in its immediate vicinity it will grow roots to find new water. If the media around the root ball is wet it will shoot tertiary roots to get that water. Next time try and center the plant in the pot for even root distribution throughout the media.

Your plants are probably stunted so it'll take a few days for them to recover or it may recover immediately. Depends on the condition of the plant.

Coco doesn't hold onto water as well as soil due to its makeup. You stated the soil is organic. Is it amended with dry nutrients and you just use water? Coco is notorious for being magnesium deficient. Are you feeding your plants anything other than water?

Comment

• Simondavies
            Simondavies commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the advice! Yes im using 3 nutrients at this stage, terra vega, cannazym, rhizotonic

I'm gonna go with some of the others here and say they look very thirsty. As a plant grows so does its need for water. Once a week seems kinda stingy. If you have proper drainage it's hard to overwater.

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm still not sure if it's coco or soil...lol

Puff puff

OK....

Terra Vega is your vegetative stage base food. Cannazym and Rhizotonic are for root stimulation, micros and faster organic breakdown. 1/4, mid, full strength?

I would venture to say that you will be needing a calcium/magnesium supplement if not now soon. Again, coco doesn't hold onto magnesium so you're going to want to be supplementing. You can do this by using unscented Epsom Salt which is basically Magnesium Sulfate. IIRC, the mix is one teaspoon per gallon.

Comment

• Simondavies
            Simondavies commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm following the chart from 2fastforbuds.com (canna Nutrient chart). Thanks alot for all this info bro!

I just watered 3 of my plants by pouring water in instead of 'spraying'. All 3 of those plants perked back up...I poured water w/ nutes into the other 6 that were drooping. Hopefully they pick back up the same as the 3 today.

Much appreciated dude

• Simondavies
            Simondavies commented
            Editing a comment
            So can I mix the Epsom salts alongside my Nutrients in a 10L bucket?

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. Add a teaspoon to a gallon...2 teaspoons for 10ltrs should be fine.

Yeah my ADHD spamming ass all over the place Bluey LOL. It's definitely soil. Canna terra professional 50L.

Comment

• Simondavies
            Simondavies commented
            Editing a comment
            50 ADD comments to get to the truth LOL (on my part)

Now that you have saturated the entire media to the point of runoff, leave them alone and let them do their thing. Observe and learn. Sometimes, in peoples haste to give their plant the most care they can, they'll smother them to death. Leave them alone and let them do what they do best. They don't need a lot. Damp soil with a good nutrient makeup. Temperate environmentals. Lots of light to convert those nutrient ions into food through photosynthesis. Right now your goal is to get them back into rhythm so they need to time to reset and get back into their growing rhythm.

While your issue seemed to be that they were underwatered be careful you don't overwater them either. Again, our human nature is if some water is good more water is better. No. Take note of how long it takes for them to dry back using the light pot method. I don't like using dry meters because, IME, they aren't any more accurate than using the LPM. You'll start to see a pattern of how long it takes between dry periods. This will inform decisions for you to make as they speed up and slow down water intake.

Post up a few pictures of what they look like once they've recovered!!

Good Luck!
          Last edited by Rootsruler; 11-23-2023, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• shadycon
            shadycon commented
            Editing a comment
            ++++++ to Rootsruler and good luck Simon.............

Simondavies

You can use this chart as a general guide to when and what your plant needs for optimal growth at whatever stage of growth they are in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nutrient needs in stage.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	609460

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X