Weed and garlic bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weed and garlic bread

So i was considering growing some garlic next to my current grow and it got me thinking, what if i grew garlic and weed in the same pot. or spliced a garlic and weed seed what would happen. What kind of breeding and genetics would someone have to engineer to make the buds have a smell/ taste similar to garlic bread?

That would be the Indica dominant Garlic OG.
    WWED?

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

You cannot cross garlic with weed, hops crossed with weed would be a go.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        That should be an easy one but the age old advice of not mixing weed with alcohol....well. It's good advice

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Hops is only a flavor for beer, it's the sugar that makes alcohol.

Interesting thought...I'm open minded about most things, please expound on this idea of garlic flavored weed. Is it the taste? smell? I suppose if one could cross cannabis and garlic and the smoke smelled like garlic instead of skunk that might somehow mask the fact that weed was being consumed? I'm just trying to think of a way to describe a garlic flavored cultivar...I like the earlier reply about Garlic OG. That might lend itself to some descriptive terms. Being old school, I think the best descriptor is that Garlic OG would be an excellent vampire repellant. I'm just not sure if that would appeal to a broad audience though. Throw in some fresh baked bread notes and we might have a winner .
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
      Autopot system
      : 1 Scarlet Grapes & 1 Scarlet Sunset
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Idle at the moment
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Garlic Weed? Roll it in basil and oregano flavored papers! A genuine pizza roll! It on pizza, pasta. red sauces. A whole new marketing opportunity.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I found these tidbits, which do not agree with each other.

Garlic OG also known as “Garlic Bud or Garlic Kush” is a pure indica strain. Contains high level of THC and is recommended for nighttime usage due to its strong sedative properties. THCa 29%
          Los Garlic OG is a premium cannabis strain from California genetics. Its high THC range of 17-20% provides a powerful psychological buzz, while the high cannabinoid content gives users the full spectrum of medicinal benefits. Whether you're looking for relaxation, creativity, or pain relief, Los Garlic OG has you covered.
          Taste Garlic, Earthy, Species
          THC 17-20%
          CBD < 1%
          Genes​ Sativa 20%/Indica 80%

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            And for what its worth, I have tried garlic OG, would not be my fav or anywhere close to it.

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Los Garlic is not Garlic. Someone made up their own thing. Los and La California spice up words to make them seem gangster. I do not trust someone who thinks a high THC content is 17-20%. I do not trust a breeder who erroneously relies on spell-check.

Can I get a quarter ounce of meat lovers og please
          keeping it green with the soil thing
          love me some frosty autos
          braap
          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Garlic Cana butter is where I go
            melt some cheese on top
            yum
            KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
            Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
            Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
            Maybe some compost teas
            Blumat watering system
            Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
            3x4x6’ tent
            Photontek 465wpro
            6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
            Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

Other unpleasant sounding things to smoke:
              Cat Piss
              Dog Shit
              Pussy
              Cum Laude
              Sweat Helmet
              WWED?

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

I am pretty confident cannabis can absorb scents around it so it may be possible to alter the terp profile with companion plants. I have been thinking of planting some garlic and green onions along with my outdoor plants because they can ward off garden pests.

I don't really like GMO or garlic strains as flower but for some reason, I like the taste of GMO and other funky strains as rosin

Comment

Originally posted by golfnrl View Post
                  Interesting thought...I'm open minded about most things, please expound on this idea of garlic flavored weed. Is it the taste? smell? I suppose if one could cross cannabis and garlic and the smoke smelled like garlic instead of skunk that might somehow mask the fact that weed was being consumed? I'm just trying to think of a way to describe a garlic flavored cultivar...I like the earlier reply about Garlic OG. That might lend itself to some descriptive terms. Being old school, I think the best descriptor is that Garlic OG would be an excellent vampire repellant. I'm just not sure if that would appeal to a broad audience though. Throw in some fresh baked bread notes and we might have a winner .
                  Right see it wouldn't just be the garlic in the smell. One would have to find a way to add notes of oregano and bread to really get the effect. It would have to me more of a smell than an actual taste while smoking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Going2fast View Post
                    Can I get a quarter ounce of meat lovers og please
                    That would be hella dangerous. Ge high, get the munchies, order weed pizza, eat a slice get high, the vicious cylce begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
                      You cannot cross garlic with weed, hops crossed with weed would be a go.
                      Rwise are you saying that it is possible to cross cannabis with hops? They are related in some way but I thought distantly. I have grown hops. Interesting plant to grow. They are a perennial and are propagated using root cuttings. They come back every year and are a large plant. That would be sweet to have, kind of like a cannabis never ending gob stopper plant.
                      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Rwise
                        Rwise commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, they are cousins, you have to trim the hops flower for the weed pollen to get in. I new a dude that claimed he has done it and has a weed vine.

• Bluey
                        Bluey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hops and cannabis are the closest genetically to each other than anything else. I think they are members of the same family but would need to check that.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X