• Show
Clear All

12/27/2023

Temp - 82°
    Humidity - 55%
    VPD - 1.47 kPa
    DLI - 42
    Leaf Temp - 80°

Different perspective than what I usually shoot. Side flap view. Flower tops are starting swell up. When I was moving a few branches around my hands got really waxy. Not so much sticky although they were sticky but more waxy than anything else. The flowers themselves are getting really greasy. The aroma is VERY floral. Almost like a Lavendar smell.

This was the cultivar I found these brown shiny marbles of liquid in between some of the leaves at the base of the flowers on the last run where I did a tester of 3 different cultivars. Not sure what it was the last time but I think it was resin. Only thing is it wasn't gooey. It was watery. Terp marbles? If I spot any I'll try and snap a pic.​

The extra light I hung at the front of the tent doesn't quite get the corners so on lights on I move the light over to the side and let the plant get higher light exposure than it does with the light hung in the center. I switch sides each day. Seeing if it makes a difference in bud size and quality.

Click image for larger version  Name:	12272023.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.30 MB ID:	611139
    Last edited by Rootsruler; 12-27-2023, 02:13 AM.

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      That will be one full tent when those buds grow up.

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the plan! :-)

Beautiful! Nice spread.
    Current Grow - 5 Tangie-matics from FastBuds
    Equipment
    AC Infinity (UIS Controller 69 Pro - WIFI)
    2x4x6 Tent
    6” ACI Cloudline Pro Inline fan / Carbon Filter (Port 1)
    4.5L Cloudforge Humidifier T3 (Port 3)
    6” Cloudray oscillating (Port 4)
    Light: Spider Farmer
    SF-2000 200w (Port 2)

Containers:
    AC Infinity Fabric Pots
    3 – 5gal
    2 – 3gal

Medium:
    Soil – Fox Farm Ocean Forest
    Perlite
    Earth Worm Castings

Nutrients:
    Fox Farm
    Grow Big 6-4-4
    Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
    Big Bloom Plant Food 0-0.5-0.7
    BushDoctor Cal Mag 1-0-0

Neptune Harvest
    Seaweed Plant Food 0-0-1

Comment

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Appreciate you stopping by!!!

​01/02/2024

Temp - 79°
    Humidity - 53%
    VPD - 1.37 kPa
    DLI - 42
    Leaf Temp - 78°

Girls are really drinking water fast. Fed them 8 gallons yesterday. I haven't yet figured out how to set up an "every other day" schedule on the digital timer. I can set it up for M/W/F but if I set it up for Sunday it'll start the week over and water the next day. If I don't water them every other day they get mad and suck the humidifier dry! Ain't that like a woman? But it's more the wallet than the humidifier that gets sucked dry!!! Just kiddin' LadeeZ!!!! Looks like I may have to resort to making fresh mixes for each feeding than mixing up one big batch for the next few weeks.

I've been using the auto irrigate but the 800gph pump, while an improvement over the 264gph pump, is still not up to the task. It waters but slower than I would like and it doesn't quite get the coverage I'd like. Eventually, with capillary action, all the media gets wet but I'd like to be able to saturate it on watering not on capillary action. Next run I'm going to add a diaphragm pump so that I can get the pressure that I need to be able to feed them the way I want and not have to worry that only the root ball is getting the brunt of the water. This is the pump I'm thinking of using.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075V9RBYR/ref=syn_sd_onsite_desktop_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&pd_rd_pl hdr=t&aref=807024415B7A74603CB504DA1CF58FBD8DDC74E 651265882A0EAF3A2CFD3DE40

Originally I wasn't going to use the pads that go under the Matrix plates but they help a lot in spreading out the moisture for more even watering so I'm going to keep using them.

Whenever I open the tent to work on something the GF said she can tell because the whole house smells like Lavendar and grapefruit. That's the new aroma developing. Grapefruit.

Looks like colas have staked their claim to their little slice of photon and are3 fattening up so now I just need to make it to harvest without them molding up or hosting some unwanted hitchhikers.

Of note.....no sticky traps. Why? No gnats. I've been pretty lucky in these last few grows to have almost zero gnats.

I'm guessing chop to be around the second week of February.

Click image for larger version  Name:	12292023.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.71 MB ID:	611497
    Last edited by Rootsruler; 01-02-2024, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet....

01/08/2024

Temp - 80.6°
    Humidity - 58%
    VPD - 1.29 kPa
    DLI - 42
    Leaf Temp - 78°

Grow's pretty much on auto this last week other than having to mix up batches of nutrient. They've been drinking 8 gallons of nutrient solution pHed 6.4 to 6.8 with around 900 - 1000 ppm in the water. I've been feeding full strength CALi MAGic when I started seeing pre pistil appearing. This next feed I'm going to reduce CALi MAGic to 1/2 strength and do a half Grow half Bloom mix to raise K. It'll raise N also but it should be fine as I'm not going hard on overall PPM.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	01082023.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	3.33 MB
ID:	611636

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Is this your first bloom mix? Thought you'd be all bloom now seeing those flowers.

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      I did a grow/bloom mix at flip to keep enough nitrogen in the soil to last throughout the first 4 -5 weeks of flower. I like to do another to up the K and give it another nitrogen boost.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh. Ok.

I don't do any of that, but I had one last grow I chased a calmag deficiency big time. New growth was still pretty good though.

I do a GB mix at flip once or twice to fortify the soil then re up around week 5 or 6. The rest of the time it's all Bloom. I don't use bloom boosters. I realized I could mix grow and bloom and get the same effect.

My municipal water is pretty much devoid of minerals. I test my tap every month or so and the PPM never goes above 100 and usually floats between 40 -80 ppm so I do 1/2 strength cal mag throughout until after 1st week of flip where I up the cal /mag to full strength.

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Water I'm using has a 0.0 EC which doesn't help when it comes to a coco grow and no calmag suppliment

01/14/2024

Temp - 79.8°
    Humidity - 57%
    VPD - 1.29 kPa
    DLI - 42
    Leaf Temp - 77°

Girls are cruising now just getting fatter and fatter by the day. Starting to see a little frost forming. Should get pretty sugary in the tent by the looks of it.

One observation that I'm seeing is that the flowers under the Blurple seem to fatten up a faster than under the white light LED's. I'm guessing because of the lack of green in the light spectrum but I'm not 100% on that. I need to do some research and start asking dumb questions!!!

Starting monday I'm going to start ramping down the DLI to harvest.

Name:	01142024.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	3.80 MB
ID:	612006

Trichs are starting to form.

Name:	01142024 flower closeup.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	612005

Comment

• dirtymike
      dirtymike commented
      Editing a comment
      That a well manicures sea of green! getting a little frosty. What DLI do you use during last segment of flower stage?? Rootsruler

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      I hit the 7 week mark from flip/5 from flower so I just started to drop the DLI 3 - 4 points every week or so until harvest.

That's a nice flat canopy
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      A tuck here, a tuck there............

01/23/2024

Temp - 81°
    Humidity - 55%
    VPD - 1.39 kPa
    DLI - 38
    Leaf Temp - 80°
    Under Canopy - 79.5°/50%

Something new to chew on. I had an extra mini hygrometer that I compared accuracy to with the Therm-Pro hygrometer I have in the 2 x 2 and it was off by a couple of degrees lower and maybe 3% lower on humidity so close enough. I hung the probe off of the net under the canopy to see what the environment was like. Everything is looking good fumunda!!!!

Girls continue to fatten up so not much to do on my end. My job at this point is Plant Bartender. I make sure they get the drink they want, when they want and keep the humidifier reservoir topped off. Hopefully I get left with a big tip at the end of it all!!!

Name:	01232024.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	4.02 MB
ID:	612567

Trichs are still building. Starting to see the pistils darkening slightly and starting to pull back in.

Name:	01232024 flower closeup.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	612566

Comment

01/30/2024

Temp - 82°
      Humidity - 55%
      VPD - 1.48 kPa
      DLI - 36
      Leaf Temp - 81°
      Under Canopy - 79.7°/51%

Not much to report. Just watering and waiting.

Name:	01302024B.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	4.50 MB
ID:	613090

Comment

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        Just sitting around watching the grass grow...

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahaha! Good one Ckbrew!

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats a crap load of dope, wheres me pipe

Beautiful canopy. I'm envious for sure. Just got a scrog net but the traditionalist me is fighting the logic me. I can almost smell that pic
      braap
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by Going2fast View Post
        Beautiful canopy. I'm envious for sure. Just got a scrog net but the traditionalist me is fighting the logic me. I can almost smell that pic
        I hear ya! I learned from old skool growers so these types of techniques weren't really used much.

The way I was able to transition to it is to think about it as a giant low stress training device. We bend and tie down branches to get more light down into the bottom of the plant and to get larger buds across the branch rather than just at the top when we low stress train. Same idea just on a larger scale and it's the whole plant rather than just select branches that get trained. The net also assists in any stray branches. Easy enough to just tuck under the net!

If you decide to do one, tag me in and I'll help ya set it up right and give you some tips to make it easier.

Comment

02/07/2024

Temp - 79°
          Humidity - 54%
          VPD - 1.37 kPa
          DLI - 36
          Leaf Temp - 77°
          Under Canopy - 76°/52%

Just watering the grass.......

I've been tapering down my solutions. At peak I was feeding at 1000ppm. I'm currently feeding at 800ppm. 1/2 strength cal/mag and the rest is straight base. No amendments or additional inputs.​

Name:	02072024.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	4.27 MB
ID:	613776

Trichs are starting to get milky. Pistils are fading and darkening. Flowers are starting to foxtail

Name:	02072024 flower closeup.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	613777

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            That is the tightest packed healthy tent I have seen.

• Rootsruler
            Rootsruler commented
            Editing a comment
            I had the same concerns. I thought I over FIMmed the plants and set up too many bud sites(when's the last time you've heard that complaint!)but as I've been checking, especially around the more bunched up areas, for any clues for mold or other diseases or pests and, so far, its been pretty clean. I've kept humidity down on this grow due to how packed it is to keep those areas from molding. So far it seems to have worked well.

When you see those buds start to fox tail is that the calyx opening to expose more or final pistils?? Rootsruler I was taught to look at the ones under the buds when this stage started.?

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't see any foxtailing. It's often caused by light stress and typically effects the tallest buds. It's common in my sativas.

That is one huge grow.

• Rootsruler
            Rootsruler commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure. I go by trichome ripeness to determine when to harvest. When I ran a couple of clones in the 2 x 2 tester they foxtailed so I'm pretty sure it's more genetic than anything else but, as Bluey mentioned, I have been pushing them pretty hard as far as light exposure although I've been ramping down the DLI so I'd guess on the side of genetics rather than stress. What were you taught as far as the calyx signalling ripeness?

• dirtymike
            dirtymike commented
            Editing a comment
            I was taught to watch the calyx(s) tucked under the bud. Rootsruler When these start to pop, swell or turn color, time is close. I have noticed that it follows the pistil fade. Something I have always done and seems to assure its ripe.

Holy canoli that makes my mouth water. Beautiful!
          Current Grow - 5 Tangie-matics from FastBuds
          Equipment
          AC Infinity (UIS Controller 69 Pro - WIFI)
          2x4x6 Tent
          6” ACI Cloudline Pro Inline fan / Carbon Filter (Port 1)
          4.5L Cloudforge Humidifier T3 (Port 3)
          6” Cloudray oscillating (Port 4)
          Light: Spider Farmer
          SF-2000 200w (Port 2)

Containers:
          AC Infinity Fabric Pots
          3 – 5gal
          2 – 3gal

Medium:
          Soil – Fox Farm Ocean Forest
          Perlite
          Earth Worm Castings

Nutrients:
          Fox Farm
          Grow Big 6-4-4
          Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
          Big Bloom Plant Food 0-0.5-0.7
          BushDoctor Cal Mag 1-0-0

Neptune Harvest
          Seaweed Plant Food 0-0-1

Comment

• Rootsruler
            Rootsruler commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Brother!!! Honestly, I know a lot of people say that ScrOG's are more work but they really aren't once you have them set up. Once I have everything going in the right direction it's more like herding sheep. Just got to keep them moving in the right direction and watch out for strays.

Look at all that snow.
          braap

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X