Temperature and growth rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature and growth rate

Due too inadequate exhaust fan I had fought high temps with all previous grows. Finally put a crowbar in my wallet and got a decent fan with speed control. Now temps are in low 70's during the day and upper 60's when lights are out. Is this too cool? Because of small grow area I had to put previous grows in flower around week 5 or 6 but this grow looks like it could veg longer. I kinda like that idea as the breeder says potency and smell could improve with additional veg period and I have stash left over from previous grows. Are there any concerns I should have vegging in these temps and is it cool enough to retard growth?
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

They will grow perfectly well at those temperatures. However, in my experience they will grow a tiny bit faster if you could get the temperature just 5°F higher, especially in the vegetative stage. Can you turn down your exhaust fan? If it doesn't have built in settings, you can adjust the speed on most fans with a speed controller. Sometimes it's helpful to be able to adjust the power of your fan

Comment

Had fan dialed down but turned it all the way down and temperates did rise to suggested level! Love this new exhaust fan! Should be no problem bringing temps and humidity down during flower!!
      DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
      315 LEC
      6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
      6" Carbon filter
      3- 6" fans
      humidifier
      temp and humidity gauge
      5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
      FF trio nutrients

Comment

• btypolice@aol.com
        btypolice@aol.com commented
        Editing a comment
        What kind of exhaust fan did u get? Would u mind sharing?

I harp about temperature all the time, mainly because I have been hurt by cold temps and didn't think it got talked about enough. Now I just put a layer of cheese cloth over my 1 day old seedlings because I think the T5 is too bright for them but I need the 24 hour light for heat. Improvise and learn.
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        Growing in basement so ambient temperatures won't get below 68 unless snowstorm takes out the power grid!!! 🤔

• Flockshot
        Flockshot commented
        Editing a comment
        I am in the same boat as you, and like Nebula mentioned above that 5 more degrees helps. Plus I have been listening to some folks here, who's opinion I respect, about 24 hours of light in veg so why not give 24 hours a try. I will use T5 400w for most of it.

This is what very cold will do. low temps low 40s high temps low 60s but also not enough light. This is week 5 auto. Today top of plant is almost white.

Comment

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        Would you mind if we used this picture on our temperature page? This is such a great picture showing the symptoms, and far better picture quality than the one we have now that shows cold shock!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X