Help from the professionals please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help from the professionals please

So I’m starting to trim some flower and came across this. I don’t think it’s bud rot to me. At least not what I had to cut off some of the plants this year. Maybe over ripening? As alway thanks.
    Attached Files

Looks nasty. Break open one of those buds. That'll show you.
    WWED?

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

1st pic I was thinking spider mites as you can just see a few fine webs, but on the bud??, but those webs look like mould in the next pic or two and those buds definitely look like they have succumbed to a nasty bud rot attack. You can see it clear as day in most of the top buds in the pics....even the main stalk is white with mould.

You could use an extraction process that will kill the spores yet extract the goodies if your keen.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

Agreed. Looks like Botrytis got ya! Sorry!

Comment

Looks like rot from here. Ethanol may kill the spores but it will not remove the toxins already present. Call it a loss and learn from it. Many of us have dealt with it this year.
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

What I have read is nothing kills the spores and cannot be extracted away, not even burning kills them. Sorry it sucks to loose nice bud.

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              Botrytis loves damp cool places. It thrives at about 18 to 23⁰C with high humidity. Above 32⁰C it can't really grow (think high CO² supplimented grows) and above 50⁰C the spores are killed very quickly, in seconds.

Fungicides kill it, soap kills it, ethanol 30% kills it all in 30s, UVC can kill it.

On surfaces in a typical grow room it has no problem surviving for 2 or 3 days but needs high humidity to germinate. In soil spores can remain viable for years.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X