ID:	605947 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0423.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	3.95 MB
ID:	605948 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0421.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	4.21 MB
ID:	605949 I cannot believe I am asking this question. Nigh on 5 years and I have not felt the need to ask when I should flip to flower.
    These are 4.5 week old autos from a reliable breeder. As you can see, The Olympian has well begun flowering. Varsity and JV are at the cusp. PEBS is hardly showing an interest.
    Which of these should I go by, or is veg time more important?
    I am so embarrassed...
    WWED?

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

I have only grown a few autos that I got as freebies when buying photo seeds. And in my experience you shouldn't need to "flip" the light schedule to flower. That being said I would maybe reduce the light hours in the final two-three weeks to save on electricity and to try to force them to ripen. Don't even know if it would do something just my logic. But the more light the more photosynthesis= more weight. There's no shame in continuing to learn and acquire knowledge my good friend

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I've seen 12/12 from seed. You are the first I've heard say that about more light for autos. It'll be interesting if anyone else picks up on that. See what they have to say.
      Fem and photo are much easier to know when: flip when you want.

Ya want an opinion from the old French-Canadian grower young Ginger @Gingerbeard
    ?? This is what I have learned from autos for the last 2 yrs.... They decided when it's time to flower. I had 3 auto strains and the 3 were in 3 differents time zone. One in a veggie stage, the second well let say she was in a rush to bloom and lastly the other was just started to show her femininity.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I value your Frenadian advice more than some of the other Frendadians I know. Twice as much, at least.
      When did you flip? How did you decide?

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      To be honest ?? Let say I began at 18/6 and end up at 18/6.... Autos don't give a damn about the so-called flip !! Something I've learned with a few auto grow under my belt... I did once flip to 12/12 but got the same result by keeping it at 18/6 allllllll the way. So for my next grow I'm going into a uncharted timeline lol 12/12 all the way non ? Electricity is getting a bit expense here.

Sounds like you and 9fingerleafs are in the same boat about the 18/6 all the way Farmbuck . I will idly twirl a ginger tress while I dab and think about it.
    My light electric goes about $50 for a month. I only use my FAU a few days a year. I figure they offset.​
    WWED?

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I've always done 18/6 and i start autos prior to running photos in the same tent. When the autos are just beginning to flower i put my photo seedlings under the light. Six weeks later or more depending on the growth of the photos i'll then flip to 12/12 even if the autos are in there. They don't seem to mind a couple weeks of 12/12.

I haven't grown autos ever but after considering all things, mostly my room and ambient conditions etc I'll be running my next auto grow at 18/6 all the way. There will be no flipping.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Autos this time? You can not do the same with fem/photo.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. It will be my 1st auto grow. All fem.

I think I'll just give them a bit of light training and targeted defoliation.

Coming into a hot summer and I can manage heat better in late flower with autos than I can photos.

My math indicates 29 days above ground. Those healthy ladies are right on time. I've had the rare plant take 40 days to show flowers but usually by day 35. Keep throwing as much light as you can afford at them. not entirely impossible to have an auto not flower but super rare and ive never had it happen. You can grow autos on 12/12 but the buds will be airy and you will have diminished returns.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree i'd never do autos 12/12 all the way i'd only run them on 12/12 when they are well into flower perhaps 2wks from harvest and i wanted to flip my photos. No i'd never do 12/12 from the start with autos. Man am i burnt out on bucking an trimming just one of my outdoor gals. Took me nearly 2hrs now 6 more to go but not all are as ready thank goodness sheeeessh

I am going to shell out with the extra electric to go 18/6. Y'all better be right!
    My follow-up question is about distance. Should I lower my light to the manufacturers recommendation for flowering or keep with veg distance?
    WWED?

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

I always push them till they tell me it's too much then back off a little. I would keep it at veg height for another two weeks and let the stretch finish then hit them hard.
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

I looked at my plants and gave a nervous little chortle. The Olympian and Varsity are just about at maximum height for minimum veg distance from my light. Tee-hee. It may be height determines lowering the light to flower distance and flipping to 12/12. Your 2 more weeks Going2fast may cut down to less than a week.
        You are not going to believe Sunday's update. Oo-da-laly!!!
        WWED?

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Get an app for your phone to measure the light at the canopy.
          Set the light schedule into the app and it will calculate DLI to a reasonable accuracy..10% or so. Then tune it to the liking of your plants.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          My landline doesn't do apps.
          I've never had a problem with too much light or light heat. Keeping mid-range of mfr's recs has done well. I also have fans blowing across my light, out the tent flap.

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          My light specs re heights are so far off its laughable.

I run a 20/4 light period for autos throughout grow..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X