Durban Poison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Durban Poison

Has anyone here grown Durban Poison? I have been growing for years and always harvest when trichomes first show amber. Have read that some strains never show amber and wonder if landrace sativas fall under that umbrella.
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Well for myself it's been several years since i grew it outdoors one of the biggest and took longer to ripen. I always wait till i see amber if i don't then i just chop if the length of the grow goes like 5months from seed to harvest or longer. I've never done it inside.

Comment

Thanks SoOrbudgal. Trics are getting cloudy and I'm hitting the window the breeders say it takes to flower but I also know from experience that breeders timeframes can be optimistic! BTW, what's your opinion of Durban Poison? I like that it's referred to as espresso weed. I'm old and don't need help taking a nap in the middle of the day! 🤣
      315 LEC
      6" Carbon filter
      3- 6" fans
      humidifier
      temp and humidity gauge
      FF trio nutrients

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Heck if i remember the smoke but i let mine plants go as long as they can. I prefer amber, i use it for resting my mind.

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you in CR?

I've grown it twice indoors. Both times they ambered like normal.

I consider breeder times accurate if you use first pistil as when the clock starts ticking.

Comment

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree that first pistil should begin clock. Usually around two weeks after light switch. These are autos so no light switch and my first time growing autos. Wanted to see what all the hubbub was about. 😁

I'm older as well. My last grow was DP and I don't care for it at all. Makes us nervous. Weird buzz. After this Jack Herrer finishes in a few weeks I'm done with landraces. I already stacked an OG mixpack right behind along with a White widow. I put them in straight coco yesterday. Good luck with the DP! It's like pure sativa. I really can't wait to throw it in a bonfire as soon as the JH or Critical auto's finish.

Perhaps some extra amber might settle it down. IDK.
      Last edited by Baddaddy; 09-16-2023, 01:29 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        My last grow was White Widow. Very pleased with results but have been smoking it for awhile. Needed a break. Feels like my mind is turning into mush (or maybe it's just my age)!

MMMMM. Durban Poison is amonst my favs. I like the Espresso comparison, and agree. but the prettyness, the smell, the taste, the ease of growing Love it. And it finishes in Sep for me in Nova Scotia so is faster than most sativas. got one going now that had to be put into flower after 3 weeks start so we'll see how she handles that. I'm out, and envious your harvest is close.
      A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        That's good to hear! Think I'll flush and harvest in about two weeks. Hope you faired well with Lee!!

• Bootsy
        Bootsy commented
        Editing a comment
        Lee really fizzled before it got here. thankfully - but tough on gardens. my 3 outdoor girls went in shed and came out polluted with bud rot, even with fans blowing. Mighta been better to leave em out.

I've had these show amber from 6 weeks or so, but only the odd one here or there, harvestable and smokable with good effect but very low yields.
      11 weeks from flip should be showing good ambers coming on mostly I would have thought.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        These are autos, and my first time growing Autos. Was planning to grow outdoors, since we legalised growing, but worried about the heat where I live. Have always grown indoors and always kept heat in check but friends have grown outdoors with little issues (according to them).

No Rootsruler, but have spent some time down there.
      315 LEC
      6" Carbon filter
      3- 6" fans
      humidifier
      temp and humidity gauge
      FF trio nutrients

Comment

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        To surf or just vacay?

Rootsruler Visited Jaco beach but just rented a 4 wheel drive and drove all around the country.
      315 LEC
      6" Carbon filter
      3- 6" fans
      humidifier
      temp and humidity gauge
      FF trio nutrients

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X