No announcement yet.

Plenty of firsts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next thing I need to study up on is VPD. Mostly so I can fix some of these night day swings. Even though it gets cooler when the lights go off, I still try to keep it at 58 to 62% humidity and I see that does havoc with the VPD. So I just need to memorize a few correlations. If the temp is going to be 68 then what is the ideal humidity for that temp say when it's in early flower. And the same for when the temp is at 75 so I can keep the kPa at 1.2 or at 1.0 during veg. That's def an easy next step. And with the 69 pro control that's coming with the fan... It should be even easier. .......

But I still want to memorize some numbers. I don't want to just rely on the phone to do all the work for me. Because sure I can look at the apps to see what my VPD is at the moment or what it was, but I still don't have the proper understanding to know what effects what in what direction. So it's a bit of guessing at the moment and relying on looking at the app and the chats to see what temps and humidity gave me ideal results....... But I still want to have a better understanding of the 2 and how they interact with one another.
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

🪴 Acapulco Gold (B/W Label NASC) *autoflower
    🪴 Hot Cakes (Going2fast)*autoflower
    🪴 Pound Town (Humboldt Seed Co)*autoflower
    🪴 Cherry Pie (B/W Label NASC)*autoflower
    🪴 Bloody Runtz (Going2fast) *autoflower
    🪴 Blue Dream (Blimburn)*photo
    🪴 MAC1 x Blue Dream 3x (crossed Blimburn)*Regular
    🪴 End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
    (The Uncle Grandpa)
    🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
    🪴 FreakShow (Hi-Elevation Genetics)*Regular

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
    🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Blue Oyster 2x, Pink Oyster 1x

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
      No3odiesShad0w commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey that's pretty cool .... Interactive!

• golfnrl
      golfnrl commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been playing around with VPD, but I haven't been trying to track and maintain VPD for the current grow because I haven't found a useful chart. Looks like that may change for the future. That's a very cool and useful link. Thx for sharing Bluey. I've dialed back the light intensity in both tents for the current grows. That has helped with heat and light burn and humidity.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Dialing back the light can also assist with some nute issues.

I've been using that chart since beginning indoor grows in a climate controlled room...it's a good one and not too conservative or aggressive.

22 days since I flipped to 12 hour lighting. It looks like they've stopped stretching. Did a defoliation, gave them some ewc tea with some of the NLS flower power. Now just to sit back and watch the flowers get swole!!

Also chopped down the blue dream!! At 10.6oz wet, I'm definitely going to have 3oz of beautiful flower to smoke for New Year's!! It's been a good year. Accomplished a lot. Besides the cancer this has def been the best years I've had in a decade. Just wanna keep the positivity flowing. Life's better for it
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
      No3odiesShad0w commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks SoOrbudgal you were also right about that purple punch. It's so delicious. It tastes and smells like some fruit punch Kool aid. I can see this how this cultivar can become a favorite really quick with that flavor profile (I think it was you that said you liked purple punch. My memory isn't so good looking sometimes 😅)

It's been 5 days since the last picture and just....wow!! The Mandarin is already giving off orange smelling terps....... If..... It's smelling so orange already.....🤔. I'm going to be one happy orange camper in January! Meanwhile the UG is the opposite. It's smelling like dank incense and stacking flowers. It's only been 27 days since I flipped to 12 hours and I couldn't be any happier with the progress. There's still time to mess up the whole grow lololol but I hope that won't be the case this time. I'm past my 3 week mark. By now I would have seen spots forming on the leaves and red stems a plenty but I'm only seeing some red here and there and the leaves look healthy and strong. The extra calcium is all I needed in my mix.

The GSC has started stretching and V shaped petals are popping up all over the place. She's stretching all over the place. She doesn't have any claws like some of my other autos. Really loving this Coots Soil recipe. It's got punch while being gentle enough to not burn autos. Even when planted directly into the hot soil. (With the exception of the seed starting buffer of plain happy frog soil) The CBD White widow is looking fantastic. Next CBD might be some fancy 1:20 ratio from Purple Caper Seeds. Get myself some proper medicine going.

This is going to be the last post for this thread. In the next week, I'm going to get started with the next grow!!! Since the earth boxes are occupied and Christmas may have come a bit early, I got some 5 gal fabric pots and those AC infinity self watering bases. I'm going to be trying 4 more soil blends to see which performed the best in my grow situation. Hopefully I can squeeze in 2 more grows before the summer then I'm going to take a break for 3 months because growing in the summer sucks. (I say that now but watch.... Come summer I'll want to grow anyways lololol)
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

35 days since I flipped to 12hr. The CBD White widow.... Holy hell this thing is huge. But size isn't everything. She doesn't have any loud specific terps yet but it's hard to tell when everything just smells like orange. The orange terps coming off the Mandarin are so loud! It was the slowest bloomer but the loudest of them all. Just orange orange orange orange and I love it! The UG smells like frankincense, cherry and gas.
      The GSC is finally starting to flower on day 40..... All the seeds of the GSC from ILGM were terrible. The first seed never started blooming after 2 months of growing. 2 seeds were mutants and never made it. The one that made it was meh. And this one is super slow.

Slowly getting ready for the next run. I got the soil all ready, got the bases and fabric pots ready. Still waiting on the 7 gallon pots. Probably going to do the autos in the 5 gallon and photos in the 7 gallons or maybe all in 7 gallons. I'll probably plant them after Christmas since these are about halfway through of their 70 day bloom. Loving these earth boxes but I don't want to buy 2 more so I can have a perpetual grow so I'm gonna try the self watering bases. Should hopefully work out the same way. It's all watered with wicking
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
      Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Sooooo...... Got another tent.... The 2x4 was giving me such good temps and humidity. It's all going so well I got another 2x3 tent. I just need a 6in inline fan. I'll use the 6in for the 2x4 tent and I'll put the 4in on the 2x3 tent. After this grow I'll put the SF2000 in the 2x3 tent because it's too small for the 2x4 tent. In the 2x4 tent I'll just use my 3 2x2 lights.

The whole grow room smells like cherries and oranges.... LOVE IT!! They're so frosty and so sticky and smelly and omgl I'm loving it!! This stuff should be perfect just in time for 420 with a 2-3 month cure. Just depends when they actually finish. Both are 55-70 days flowering time so we're def at the halfway point!! So far this is turning out to be the best grow! I really don't want to fuck it up now 🙏 😅. My only issue now is where am I going to dry all this lolol

My paranoia is def getting the best of me. I'm seeing red stems and leaves lightening up and I'm getting bugged out. I'm noticing some leaves on the bottoms of the plants turning yellow and shriveling up. But only the lowest of the lowest leaves that I left on. Granted they're not covered in spots like they would be by week 3 and we're on week 6. 40 days since we flipped to 12hrs lighting. I was thinking about giving them some tea or top dressing....... I'm 1000% sure they won't be finishing in no 2 weeks. They will probably still grow for 5 more weeks. I'll do 1/4 cup EW castings, 2tbsp NLS autoflower mix and 2 tablespoons of NLS Flower Power with some molasses. Make 2 gallons of tea and give each earthbox 1 gallon on the next watering in 3-4 days.

Not sure if I should or shouldn't.... The thing with organics is you have to stay ahead of the game and it's still a bit too early to be losing leaves... Even if it is the lowest ones. The last feeding was a month ago(Dec 5)which was just EWC and 2 heaping tablespoons of the NLS Flower Power...... So if I'm expecting them to bloom for another month at least, I should probably give them a little boost again. I kinda have confidence in my soil.....I think it's properly amended.... I did try the Coots recipe. I haven't added anything else 2 castings teas throughout their life. No top dress, no extra nutes, just water ph'd to 6.8. ........I guess I'll see over the next day or 2 if more leaves turn or not before I need to water.

​​​​​​
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

I knew something was off..... Why call it a 2x3 tent if it's not 2 feet nor 3 feet in length. 😡 The 2x4 tent is actually 2x4 as advertised.
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• Rootsruler
            Rootsruler commented
            Editing a comment
            Might want to ask them why they are advertising it as something it isn't. They may send you a replacement tent.

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a 3x2 tent that measures 36in x 20in x 63in...... Pretty sure whomever is in charge of measurements probably failed kindergarten math. It's only off by 4 inches..... But those 4 inches are EVERYTHING. Those 4 inches are the difference between my fan casting and not casting a 4inch shadow over my grow space. I hope when I swap my lights, the fan won't be directly under half of my grow light. Otherwise I'll have to find a different place to hang it

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            Rootsruler. I'm still waiting on a response to a question I had regarding vivosuns Black Friday sale. I can't stand the company.... They're just lucky that they have tents in the height that I need. I needed something 24 x 48 x 67inchs or less and Vivosun is the only one that had a tent with those parameters. Hence the mishmash of different brands.

I had to have somebody else buy me both tents because for some reason I'm blacklisted on their website and they won't accept any of my credit cards and they won't mail to my address.... Still waiting on a response to that since Thanksgiving.

I was just standing there and thinking either this plant is really this wide or this tent isn't 2 ft. Closing the tent would be damaging to the buds. But obviously the next grow woman I have my trellis net up and everything so it's going to be more organized like the 2x4
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

So I was digging through my 2 month old worm bin just to see if they needed more food, moisture check and I wanted to poke a few so they can do a little dance for me 🪱🪱. I noticed this giant white thing sticking out so I pulled on it..... As one would if they saw something sticking out of the ground. I ended up pulling out half of an avocado seed that had sprouted and started growing in my worm bin. So I took it and planted it in a small container.... Let's see what happens. Was not expecting that to happen
            ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
            Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              I've done dozens of Avo germinations this past year. Actually on the way to a friends with 2 that have sprouted.

All mine planted in my garden have been eaten to the ground so far..not happy.

• No3odiesShad0w
              No3odiesShad0w commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't live in the right climate for them to grow. So planting it in the garden would be a waste. I did plant it in a little pot. I'll see what happens. Just a fun side thing

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              They don't get any better when they come off your own tree.

Did you know they don't start to ripen until removed from the tree? I remove a good dozen at a time, leave 3 out to ripen and the rest in the fridge. That slows there ripening down and they come out of the fridge a couple of days apart...always fresh avos here

Did this once before a few years ago. Started in the mulch pile. Lasted a while. Put it outside for the summer and it got the borg. Couldn't trust it back inside.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X