No announcement yet.

Plenty of firsts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah!!!! The plants are going to love this shit. Literally!
    I plan to run my azomite, basalt and glacial rock dust through there. Oyster shell flour, kelp, alfalfa, crab meal and neem meal. As well as feeding them kitchen scraps. My first tray should be ready in about 6 months. Which is perfect. My first tray will be ready just in time for my fall grow. If all goes well, in only going to need peat, perlite and castings. Everything else I need is going to be in the castings already. Hopefully with the individual trays, I can keep it organized and I can tweak the recipe to match my needs.
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

🪴 Acapulco Gold (B/W Label NASC) *autoflower
    🪴 Hot Cakes (Going2fast)*autoflower
    🪴 Pound Town (Humboldt Seed Co)*autoflower
    🪴 Cherry Pie (B/W Label NASC)*autoflower
    🪴 Bloody Runtz (Going2fast) *autoflower
    🪴 Blue Dream (Blimburn)*photo
    🪴 MAC1 x Blue Dream 3x (crossed Blimburn)*Regular
    🪴 End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
    (The Uncle Grandpa)
    🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
    🪴 FreakShow (Hi-Elevation Genetics)*Regular

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
    🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Blue Oyster 2x, Pink Oyster 1x

Comment

The worms have settled into their new home. They just got a second feeding yesterday. Fun new little project to do. Hopefully I'm going to have some killer castings in 6 months.

Have I mentioned I love the Earth Boxes? Well I do!! This CBD White Widow is a Beasty man she's growing nicely. The GSC is 7 days old. She's going to catch up to the CBD. In the next 2 weeks she's going to get huge.

The Mandarin and the UG. My God they're being so difficult 😡😡. The stems are SO THICK every time I try to bend it around the net. *snap* and there goes a branch. So frustrating but I know what I did wrong so I'm not gonna repeat it in the future. I just wasn't expecting tree trunk branches. I'm so used to thin stalks in the buckets that I've been using.

This is the last day of 18hrs light. When they go on tonight at 9pm they're going to turn off at 9am Monday morning. Starting the 12 hours light cycle. I'm hoping this will get the branches to stretch out a bit and become more flexible so I can fill that net up. So far the plants look fantastic so I have really high hopes for the results.
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
      Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh if you're wondering why I have the yellow sticky on top of the basket cup over the GSC..... Is because it would cry with the level of light that it would be getting at this young of an age. It's around 500ppfd wanna 32 mol for DLI. So I shaded it from the top meanwhile I'm pretty positive it's getting plenty of light through the sides through the little cracks on the butterfly shaped sticky. Pretty sure it's getting more light than it needs even with the covering but I've learned how to accommodate all the plants so that they're all happy in my tiny space 😅

The Tangie although there's going to be maybe half an ounce or a quarter of an ounce only. It still looks really frosty and it's still smells really good. Not the best but I know exactly what was wrong with it it was just too spicy the whole entire growth.... Too much nitrogen too much everything and it shows. The Blue Dream on the other hand seemed to do just fine even the one that looked like it was going to be a failure is going to give me more flower than the tangy.... The other blue dream is looking fantastic it's starting its senescence and it's getting a little bit of purple leaves cuz it's been cooler and I think that's going to give me some nice good flower. But I've never had any problems with any Blue dreams that I've grown. Each one was always a success.

☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
      Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

My dad's clone is looking like she's going to be done very soon. She just hit 8 weeks of bloom and she's getting really frosty and the hairs are all tiring orange and red and curling. She's in senescence. All signs that the time is near!!!! I was expecting her to be a 12 week bloomer but she's looking like she's going to be 9 week +/- still don't smell much on her but if you squeeze a bud she does have like a wet cardboard kind of smell lololol with like a hint of lemon. The bud structure looks good but under a microscope the trichome structure is ..... petite. They definitely don't look like big hulking mushrooms they look like very thin wispy little mushrooms just barely hanging on. Which is what I expect from these genetics although it's an improvement from what he was doing a year ago it's still not great..... I mean just look at the Tangie way worse looking but the trichomes and the frost on that supersede the clone.... Even at its worst the tangie is still better than the best of this guy's genetics.
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Hey!!!! We made it!!! This will be the second to last post for this thread. I chopped down 3 of the plants on Saturday. The Tangie, Blue dream and the "Sour Dad" clone.
          The Tangie has a wet weight of 6.1oz so after dry and trim I'll probably have an ounce of flower. She struggled the whole grow. The soil was just too hot. I have another seed. She's going to get one more chance this season. There's potential in this girl. She was so frosty. She smells like oranges but on steroids. I'm going to grow her in the earth box and probably get amazing results!
          The Blue Dream I kept only because I felt bad throwing it out. So I kept squeezing her in to get some light on her and we got 6.8oz wet weight so I'll have about an ounce from her as well. But man..... She's the first plant that you smell when you go into the room. Smells like a bowl of mixed berries. Just amazing smells from her. Always a favorite cultivar and no matter how much you mess with her, she will always yield!!
          The last it's the clone I took from my dad's plant. No idea what cultivar it is. She came out 8.6oz wet weight so maybe I'll get closer to 2oz from her after dry and trim. She smells skunky, lemony and gassy. She could be some bunk skunk but man did she get frosty and has some really nice solid bud structure. For a 2 gallon bucket.... Not bad.

I still have one more blue dream growing in the 4 gallon bucket and man does she look good. The buds are fat and smell amazing. It's colder now at night so she's even picking up some color. She'll probably be done in another 2 weeks.

The 2 earth boxes are doing great. The plants look solid. The GSC is on day 14 so she's about to start doing some real growing in the next few days. Loving these earth boxes. By far my favorite grow method so far. The white widow looks amazing!!!
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

I suppose this belongs in here since it is technically a first. Got my first tent!! My AC infinity T4 pro inline fan is coming to complete the build. The controller should allow me to control just about all aspects of that room and tent right from my phone. The lights, humidifier, oscillating fans and inline with the 69 pro controller. I'm hoping with the inline I'll close it up and ask the reflective surface and super stable environment married with the earth box will give me the best flowers yet. The SCRoG was a bit messy but it's really taking shape and filling out nicely. 8 days into 12hr lighting. It's taken 3 years to finally get here..... It's been a journey and the future looks bright!

I even had some flat white poster board perfect for a reflective surface because that black outside of the tent absorbs so much light. What a difference that poster board made. It's a temp solution until I can get a water proof something...🤔 ....
            ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
            Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Man I can Believe it's already been 10 days since I cut down my plants and the results aren't too bad for the size.
              the Tangie was
              6.1oz wet
              1.5oz Dry after 10 days
              1.06oz after removing branches, stems and leaves.
              I did this one by hand because it was so small. The bowl trimmer would have shredded it all.
              The Blue Dream that I was going to throw out
              6.8oz wet
              1.6oz dry after 10 days
              1.27oz after trim
              I ran this one in the bowl trimmer with great results
              The last was my dad's clone
              8.6oz wet
              2.3oz after 10 day dry
              1.45oz after trim
              I did this one in the bowl trimmer as well.

There's still one more blue dream that's going to be on day 84 on Friday and I'll probably be chopping her down then. She's really going to be 2oz most likely. Got 4oz so far. Another 3oz of the purple punch. I'm getting to the point where weed is not going to be an issue anymore. For one person, I have plenty on hand. Then I have 4 massive plants growing and I'll be planting more mid December. Each grow is getting better and better. There may not be a lot of yield but the way it smelled the way it looked and the way it trimmed up was just fantastic. I'd much rather have a few ounces of some really good stuff instead of a lot of ounces of some mediocre stuff.
              ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
              Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

For a plant that's on day 82, it decided to throw up a lot of new white hairs. The trichomes are like 80/20 cloudy/clear
                There's some amber but mostly on the sugar leaves. Might give her another 2 to 4 days and then I'm gonna chop her down
                ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really wish I had a fucking solution for these red stems. EVERY. SINGLE GROW. Going on week 3 of flipping to bloom and HERE THEY ARE. Like clockwork. I changed water, PH pen, soil, Coco, nutrients, containers, tents, lights, CO2...... And still with these red stems......I have nightmares about these shits 😡
                  Last edited by No3odiesShad0w; 11-30-2023, 01:16 AM.
                  ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                  Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• Doubledealing72
                    Doubledealing72 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I havent read everything, but what's going on with red stems? I see them, but what does it mean?

Even the blue dream that I'm about to chop has red stems everywhere and it didn't seem to affect the grow that much but then again I don't know. Clearly there's something that I'm not doing right and I would love to fucking figure out what it is. Because I could be doing it better. I'm sure I could have better flowers and yield overall....... But what in fucking hell could it be. I even been foliar spraying 2x a week with cal mag on top of the whole cup of Ag lime, cup of gypsum, cup of basalt and cup of glacial rock dust. You would think I have the calcium and magnesium bases covered...... Was all good till I saw the red stems now I'm super annoyed
                  ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                  Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

Red stems? There's a couple of pieces by Nebula over on GWE about red stems. I have red stems on my grows. Have had on every single one of them. I didn't know it was a thing until I stumbled across some comments about red stems. What I've concluded is the red stems don't affect yields, tastes, or anything else. They seem to be caused by my grow light. That is weird because I have used several different grow lights. And had red stems on every grow. I think the red stems are caused by light intensity and length of the light cycle. Kind of like a sun burn. The red seems to show up where that part of the plant is exposed to the most light. Perhaps it is a plants natural response to intense 'sun' light, kind of like tanning. IDK. On the parts of the plant that don't get direct intense light there aren't ever any red stems or branches. I've concluded that because I have dialed back the light in both tents on this grow and the red stems and branches are still there but not as prevalent.
                    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
                    Autopot system
                    : 1 Scarlet Grapes & 1 Scarlet Sunset
                    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Idle at the moment
                    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
                      No3odiesShad0w commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I really hope so because of you noticed the Pilea next to my plants. I've been using it as a learning tool. I know they have a tendency to get red stems in the spring when sun intensity increases. I notice I put it under the lights for 2 days and the stems get beet red. So I have been testing the "Tanning effect" I have been keeping PPFD in the higher ranges and in the past I've had issues due to insufficient calcium. So I guess I'm still a bit nervous even though I just finished 4 plants successfully. I've also grown plants that 3 weeks into bloom and they loose all their leaves and it's a shit show. Other times like the blue dream get to harvest with green leaves and beet red stems but big massive buds. So IDK what to think.

I just wonder. ..... You never see any red stems on any YouTubers videos or ppl flexing...... Are they using a special light? Do they know something we don't? Or are they just pulling all the leaves with the red stems?

I get red stems on occasions but if my leaves and plants are doing well I don't consider it a problem.

I put it down to a number of factors but it doesnt seem to be an issue...

I used to put it down to a lack of blood and bone in my soil but I'm thinking that may not have been the case.
                    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
                    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
                    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
                    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
                    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
                    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
                    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
                      No3odiesShad0w commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah but IDK if this is going to be a blue dream red stem and everything Will be copacetic and I'll be happy at the end or it could go terribly wrong and end up like the Gorilla Glue where I basically had a bunch of twigs . How do I know which whole be which? They look healthy right now but they always look healthy at this point in time until it starts progressing or it doesn't progress and they're healthy the whole time with red stem.

You're growing in coco. Keep it simple. I don't suppliment my coco with amendments because if I did how can I know what is going on if I have a problem later in the grow? How do my nutes react with those amendments?

Add your nutes as per the instructions.

Add your suppliments if required...eg. cal/mag, silica, etc..

Watch your leaves closely. They will tell you what is going on.

What pH pen did you buy?

Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
                    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
                    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
                    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
                    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
                    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
                    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
                      No3odiesShad0w commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Coco was in the buckets. I'm the earth boxes in back to running peat just because I'm going to reuse the soil for at least 3 grows . I was worried about the Coco staying buffered for that many grows so I didn't risk it. I'm still going to experiment more with it in my next bucket grow so I can learn more and feel more confident using it. I spent 3 years with peat, I feel a bit more confident with it but I probably will keep using the Coco for the buckets. It def performs well. Just a bunch of conflicting info....... Mostly because ppl use Coco with liquid nutrients which requires a different pH, different watering habits .... And websites or videos don't always make the best distinction between the 2. It's usually just piled together but that's okay. You live and you learn and you get better!

• No3odiesShad0w
                      No3odiesShad0w commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Apera pH pen

• Bluey
                      Bluey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's a good one...nice

Red stems can also be genetic.

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
                      No3odiesShad0w commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah they're are some like night terror og ...I think that one is purple from the time it sprouts lol but I don't think any of the cultivars in growing currently would qualify.

• Bluey
                      Bluey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes. Cold nights too can do it.

• No3odiesShad0w
                      No3odiesShad0w commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't let it get below 68 in that room. When the lights are on it stays around 74. When the inline fan comes I'll be able to close the tent and get some higher temps. With the CO2 levels here around 1500ppm, I can def raise the temps.

They all do look super healthy though.
                    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                    Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Comment

• Bluey
                      Bluey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I do the same, sit with my plants. Also working in the room..but I haven't bought a gas analyser so no idea but my plants grow great.
                      I have got a couple of spare full CO² tanks here I got fir free but haven't bothered with the regulator or switchgear....I'm happy without it.

• No3odiesShad0w
                      No3odiesShad0w commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I got a CO2 meter just because it was on sale for like 60% off normal price I didn't need it. I don't supplement CO2 but this apartment is so tiny that just me being in here gets CO2 levels to ample levels for higher growth potential if I can get my environment better dialed in. I think I got the lights, watering, and hopefully nutrients at optional levels. With the elevated CO2, if I got my environment better dialed in I could probably push them more in flower. In due time I suppose. Idc about yield so much anymore. Looking more after good flavor, smelly terps, good buzz. The weed privilege getting strong.

• Bluey
                      Bluey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've had crappy spindly outdoor grows give great effects and terrific terps. To look at it was crap. Ive never seen any correlation between quality and yield in my time growing..well not yet anyway.

Genetics obviously play a huge roll and there is a lot of crap out there.

I'd be focusing more on the dry & cure to get what you are aiming for.

I still can't go past old school sativa...when I find a strain that smashes those effects I grow it

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X