White House Warns: Fed Crackdown on Recreational Marijuana Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White House Warns: Fed Crackdown on Recreational Marijuana Coming

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer is suggesting the Trump administration may crack down on states that have legalized recreational marijuana. Spicer also contradicted known science and medical research by tacitly pinning the blame for the country’s heroin problem on marijuana.

During his daily briefing session with reporters, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said that the states enjoying tax revenue and job creation after legalizing cannabis will likely see “greater enforcement” of federal law banning marijuana in every shape and form.

Comment

Spicer also contradicted known science and medical research by tacitly pinning the blame for the country’s heroin problem on marijuana. Not pharmaceutical industry-driven overprescription of pain pills, or a faulty reliance on medication to solve pain—it’s marijuana that’s driving Americans to overdose on pain pills and then, when that supply or their health insurance runs out, turn to heroin

Comment

And that's why we grow our own.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

When the winds change, a good crew will adjust the sails, and continue on.
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• PuravidaC
          PuravidaC commented
          Editing a comment
          Love your style!! Shiver me timbers!!!!!

• Beach_Town_Brit
          Beach_Town_Brit commented
          Editing a comment
          As long as the ship stays afloat...

Ain't it the truth,stay on the dark side and watch it change !
        Last edited by Potted; 02-23-2017, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I'm afraid about what's going to happen to our industry and our freedom to grow. I'm worried they may start cracking down on home growers, too. Jeff Sessions has said he wants to reverse legalization, and he has personal ties with the private prison industry.

Comment

• ribbitt
            ribbitt commented
            Editing a comment
            I think they need to investigate the pharmaceutical company's I know of some people who have been on pain management for years they get a high tolerance to meds take more dock doesn't increase dosage then they turn to street drugs like heroin not a thing to do with natural growing mj they get kick backs from pharmaceuticals companies and doctors also I guess they are legal drug dealers long live cannabis growers

Sessions says people who use marijuana are not good people.
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

I've been on the dark side of the law regarding weed my whole life. They want to drive people back to the black market? It doesn't make sense but whatever, fuck them all.

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
              Beach_Town_Brit commented
              Editing a comment
              Ask any magician will tell you, you can never put the rabbit back in the hat.
              Last edited by Beach_Town_Brit; 02-24-2017, 03:43 PM.

That's why I;m with Canuck-It's almost sad to see the US become so divisive over social issues. At this point I feel that the cats out of the bag so far as states rights and mj revenue-so f'em, I'll just grow my own....
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

dontknownuttin if I say I told you so, will you promise me you wont drop one of your 50lb plants on my head? Besides, if you did, they'll blame it on the weed >_< I bet a lot of serious smokers are severely regretting putting TroomaLoompa into office.
              NebulaHaze , would it be ok if I put a petition here in regards to asking the white house to stop this nonsense? Its not from change.org, its actually one from the federal governments website that needs 100,000 signatures and I believe it needs about 75k more.
              dontknownuttin , if I get the ok to put the link in, can you edit your post and put tags in so the post comes up in most of the searches? Tags like : petition, Recreational Gone Sour, 57+ years about to be lost, Signatures Needed. They wouldn't have to be tags I suggested, but anything that would bring this post up in a search, and that's only if its ok for me to post it. I have a medical license so less to worry about, but many a people have fought for years to get the laws past we now have today for recreational use and about to lose it. These politicians who are trying to get rid of these new laws are not doing it because of what they stated, its because many of them have stocks in alcohol and don't want to lose money, so are just dredging up information that's already been proven false to destroy all the headway we made. I'm sure quite a few have taken legal and illegal bribes as well.
              Last edited by Lord-Xanthor; 02-24-2017, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
                Jibblerjoe commented
                Editing a comment
                Trump didn't get my vote. Not my president.

• LuckyAcres
                LuckyAcres commented
                Editing a comment
                Keep us posted re the petition, if the hosts are ok with it, not sure it'd do anything at all but being silent isn't an option either...hope you and your plants are better xanthor

Never mind we are doomed.
              Last edited by Jibblerjoe; 02-24-2017, 04:46 AM.

Comment

I would like to suggest that we are not doomed. We actually have a cannabis caucus in Congress now with many members. States are raking in the cash from cannabis (always follow the money). More Americans are in favor of cannabis now then have been since it was legal to pay your federal taxes with loads of hemp, and since farmers in America were required to grow it.

If the morons in D.C. crack down, our prison populations will increase and the price of cannabis will go up. Cannabis is here to stay.
                completed 7 grows
                what I have learned so far:
                environment maters more than nutrients
                at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
                effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• ZigZag
                  ZigZag commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you want do some reading that covers just about all the aspects, opinions about, weed forecasts etc. then check out the news on Leafly. there's a bunch of information there all in one place. The situation is a zoo for sure. Be glad we grow our own and pray for the folks who have invested their own and others $ in commercial ventures. As far as the individual user in legal states is concerned things probably won't change much....if you grow your own. States where weed is legal need to follow what Washington State's governor is doing_ they have a bill about to pass that prohibits local or state police to assist or cooperate with any Federal efforts that disregard their state laws concerning weed. If you read a bunch of those articles its the states where weed has brought in substantial tax revenue that will likely resist the most. And those where a major portion of the general population strongly oppose the Feds sticking their noses into Sate business. Cross you fingers and get involved. Action is hope, sitting on your butt is accepting defeat. Kinda like all those folks who would have voted against this administration but just couldn't be bothered.... or didn't because they thought they had already won. Not.

For better or worse we got him for 4 years unless he gets his ass impeached,witch leaves us with Pence gulp.see it can get worse god help us

Comment

I am now glad I own a medical weed card!

Comment

• LuckyAcres
                    LuckyAcres commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Same here.

• ZigZag
                    ZigZag commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I better get my ass in gear and get one too, now that dispensaries are legal here. Just in case they keep the med and can the rec. I should be able to get one since I have seizures and there is so much research now being conducted on treating all kinds of nervous system disorders with cannabis. Lucky for me I don't have them very often. But once is more than enough. I also have been corresponding with a well know and respected neurologist_ told him I have made my own CBD capsules and that I haven't had a seizure in more than 18 months. He said to keep it up! That's the plan!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X